PlayStation 5 - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ

3 minutes ago, Pixelated Ben said:

Currently, the rest of my family are quick to complain about how awkward it is to navigate to those two services on the PS4 (and my TV is not new enough to have its own dedicated Disney+ app).

You need a new TV. Allow me to introduce you to our lord and saviour, the LG OLED... ;)

5 minutes ago, Pixelated Ben said:

I am probably in the unique position here of being a person who has pre-ordered the PS5 even though I'm not in a rush to buy any of the launch games. It's the PS4 backwards compatibility that has enticed me, as well as the fact that my Launch edition PS4 is FULL of gaming content and has space for no more, AND whenever I play it, the sound of the fan is literally muffling the general ambience of my entire neighbourhood.

The PS Plus Collection was also an enticement.

And then on top of that, it was the Netflix and Disney+ dedicated buttons on the Media Remote that swayed me. Currently, the rest of my family are quick to complain about how awkward it is to navigate to those two services on the PS4 (and my TV is not new enough to have its own dedicated Disney+ app).

This is what I’d assumed I’d have done - bought the PS5 as a high spec PS4 upgrade and UHD player before there were even necessarily any exclusives I wanted. I thought that was kind of inevitable. But the disk edition is just such an eyesore and both are such a logistical headache to get it in to my set up that I can see a real benefit to waiting for a hardware revision.

16 minutes ago, Thor said:

You need a new TV. Allow me to introduce you to our lord and saviour, the LG OLED... ;)

I would LOVE to buy a new TV :D My current model is a 2014 Samsung (so by no means old) but when the latest apps get dropped from its line-up, it does prove frustrating.

12 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

This is what I’d assumed I’d have done - bought the PS5 as a high spec PS4 upgrade and UHD player before there were even necessarily any exclusives I wanted. I thought that was kind of inevitable. But the disk edition is just such an eyesore and both are such a logistical headache to get it in to my set up that I can see a real benefit to waiting for a hardware revision.

I can definitely understand this. Thankfully my set-up is such that I have space for the PS5 to literally sit on the floor, but I can't say I'm particularly looking forward to having the beast on display. I just hope it's a Q U I E T machine.

Just as a reminder, here's the PS Plus Collection line-up for PS5 users. There are MANY hours of gaming here... who needs Launch games?! :)

Batman: Arkham Knight
Battlefield 1
Bloodborne
Days Gone
Detroit: Become Human
Fallout 4
Final Fantasy XV
God of War
inFAMOUS: Second Son
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us Remastered
Monster Hunter: World
Mortal Kombat X
Persona 5
Ratchet & Clank
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Until Dawn

32 minutes ago, Pixelated Ben said:

Just as a reminder, here's the PS Plus Collection line-up for PS5 users. There are MANY hours of gaming here... who needs Launch games?! :)

Battlefield 1
Bloodborne
Days Gone
Fallout 4
Final Fantasy XV
God of War
The Last Guardian
Mortal Kombat X
Persona 5
Ratchet & Clank
Until Dawn

This is all great, but as there aren’t any PS5’s available and Xbox Series X goes up for pre-order at £28.99 a month with two years Ultimate in a few hours, I’m not sure I want to risk missing the pre-orders for that in the hope PS5 gets re-stocked.

Not gonna get both at launch that’s for sure.

6 minutes ago, Pixelated Ben said:

Battlefield 1
Bloodborne
Days Gone
Fallout 4
Final Fantasy XV
God of War
The Last Guardian
Mortal Kombat X
Persona 5
Ratchet & Clank
Until Dawn

It would be a good list if I have not already played the majority of the titles with the exception of Detroit whichi I was going to start but will now leave for the PS5.

I'm going to pick up Ghosts of Tshuhima, Cyberpunk 2077 but these are both PS4 backwards compatitble titles. I think in terms of PS5 games it's going to be either Mile Morales or Valhalla.

5 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

This is all great, but as there aren’t any PS5’s available and Xbox Series X goes up for pre-order at £28.99 a month with two years free Ultimate in a few hours, I’m not sure I want to risk missing the pre-orders for that in the hope PS5 gets re-stocked.

Good luck getting an Xbox then. Beyond that, I'm not sure what else Sony can do for you, really. 

6 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

This is all great, but as there aren’t any PS5’s available and Xbox Series X goes up for pre-order at £28.99 a month with two years free Ultimate in a few hours, I’m not sure I want to risk missing the pre-orders for that in the hope PS5 gets re-stocked.

The Xbox deal is absolutely incredible. I would be tempted, if it wasn't for the fact I can't justify dipping into both new platforms at the moment.

14 minutes ago, Stanley said:

That’s a good selection if you’re new to PlayStation m but the majority of those have been on PS+ already so likely in most people’s library already. 

Not God of War, Resi 7, Fallout,4, Persona 5, Days Gone, Monster Hunter World, Mortal Combat X, Final Fantasy XV or the Last Guardian. That is a lot of gaming, and they’re to keep, not time limited.

If they’ve sorted out the frame-rate on Last Guardian that’s worth a new console just by itself.

3 minutes ago, Pelekophoros said:

Good luck getting an Xbox then. Beyond that, I'm not sure what else Sony can do for you, really. 

I’m hoping retailers get a PS5 delivery before tomorrow to trigger all the alerts I’ve set up. Otherwise, MS can have all my money instead.

25 minutes ago, Pixelated Ben said:

Batman: Arkham Knight - September '19
Battlefield 1
Bloodborne - March '18
Days Gone
Detroit: Become Human - July '19
Fallout 4
Final Fantasy XV
God of War
inFAMOUS: Second Son - September '17
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us Remastered - October '19
Mortal Kombat X
Persona 5
Ratchet & Clank - March '18
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - April '20
Until Dawn - July '17

Cross-referenced with https://playstation.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Plus_games_(PAL_region), added dates of previous PS+ releases. So there are a few more genuinely new games in the collection, but not by much! (E: beaten by @womblingfree)

(Also I'm totally going to be calling out everyone in the P5 thread who intended to "wait for it to be on PS+" ;) )

3 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Not God of War, Resi 7, Fallout,4, Persona 5, Days Gone, Monster Hunter World, Mortal Combat X, Final Fantasy XVor the Last Guardian. That is a lot of gaming, and they’re to keep, not time limited.

If they’ve sorted out the frame-rate on Last Guardian that’s worth a new console just by itself.

As far as I know it’ll be the PS Pro versions and Last Guardian was improved for that. I could have sworn Resi 7 was on PS Plus though, probably some other service. 

8 minutes ago, Stanley said:

As far as I know it’ll be the PS Pro versions and Last Guardian was improved for that. I could have sworn Resi 7 was on PS Plus though, probably some other service. 

That and Arkham Knight are on GamePass at the moment I think.

2 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

I mean it's a good deal if you don't want to pay up front for the console but Game Pass Ultimate isn't really free when you look at the numbers though is it?

6 minutes ago, BarryL85 said:

I mean it's a good deal if you don't want to pay up front for the console but Game Pass Ultimate isn't really free when you look at the numbers though is it?

Yeah just realised that. It works out at over six hundred quid. Still, the monthly payments are interest free.

31 minutes ago, Stanley said:

That’s a good selection if you’re new to PlayStation m but the majority of those have been on PS+ already so likely in most people’s library already. 

I think 12/18 haven’t touched ps+. It’s a an alright first day freebie, and a decent intro to anyone who only messed with Xbox all last gen?

It really is an absolutely hideous, disgustingly coloured, power hungry gigantic eyesore. Sony are usually pretty good on the design front so I just don't know what happened.

the-homer-inline4.jpg

I'd imagine someone sketched it for a laugh as part of a prototype portfolio but Jim Ryan came along and just went 'THAT ONE' 

23 minutes ago, Yuujiin said:

The PS5 is a beast.

Screenshot_20200921-092527.png

I feel like the volume of the PS5 and series X isn't that different.

The PS5 looks worse stood up, but will look fine on its side (which is how I would imagine most people will have them?).

Whereas the series X looks like an inconspicuous PC tower stood up, but would look totally wrong if placed on its side.

I imagine the series X's thickness may remove the option for many people to fit it on a shelf in their TV cabinet, whereas the PS5's 'height' when on its side means it will fit in those more traditional 'under the telly' spots.

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ
  • Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 | 10 Days - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ