PlayStation 5 - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ

Guys this will be my first PlayStation since the PS2, can someone please let me know what I need for Online, and if there’s an equivalent of GamePass (is it still PSNow?) how much they both cost and wether I can pay a years worth of each before the console launches please

5 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

Guys this will be my first PlayStation since the PS2, can someone please let me know what I need for Online, and if there’s an equivalent of GamePass (is it still PSNow?) how much they both cost and wether I can pay a years worth of each before the console launches please

You need ps+ for online, think of it as gold with even worse monthly games... however it is giving you a decent selection of PS4 games on the PS5 at launch. You can generally get cheap year codes online, don’t pay full price for it!

Psnow is an unknown at the moment, it’s pretty terrible compared to gamepass offering but can be had for £35 for a year (it’s a seperate sub) on the PS4 - Sony haven’t really mentioned anything about it on the PS5 other than it will be on it, it needs a huge upgrade to be decent but it’s unlikely because Sony. 

Gold has definitely had worse games than plus recently - makes sense given all of their effort goes on gamepass

Have the PS plus sub on the PS5 will get you a bunch of free PS4 games too to play on the PS5

https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/all-ps-plus-collection-games-on-ps5

If you've not had a PS4 its pretty great

is guide as and when new titles are added to PS Plus Collection.

Batman: Arkham Knight

Battlefield 1

Bloodborne

Days Gone

Detroit: Become Human

Fallout 4

Final Fantasy XV

God of War

inFAMOUS: Second Son

The Last Guardian

The Last of Us Remastered

Monster Hunter: World

Mortal Kombat X

Persona 5

Ratchet & Clank

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Until Dawn

PSNow is actually pretty good. PS2 and PS4 games are downloadable while PS3 games are streamed.

I think the reason it gets negatively compared to GamePass is because Sony refuse to put their big 1st party games on it at launch.

There's more games on it in total than GamePass.

Is the Instant Game Collection confirmed for PS5, or is the PS+ collection replacing the free monthly games?

And PS+ being rubbish is certainly an interesting take, given the likes of Rocket League and Fall Guys launched on PS+. 

52 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Is the Instant Game Collection confirmed for PS5, or is the PS+ collection replacing the free monthly games?

And PS+ being rubbish is certainly an interesting take, given the likes of Rocket League and Fall Guys launched on PS+. 

There are no PS5 games confirmed yet, but since all upcoming PS4 IGC games will run on the new console, I don't think that's a huge issue. I think the special Collection for PS5 owners is to cover the gap until the first PS5 IGC games arrive.

Does anybody have experience of game sharing on their Playstation? Is it fairly straightforward (just need to make each other’s consoles the primary device from what I’ve read)? Any issues/annoyances? My brother in law is getting a PS5 so thought I could share my PS4 library with him and share costs for next gen games.  

57 minutes ago, Spacehost said:

I think the special Collection for PS5 owners is to cover the gap until the first PS5 IGC games arrive.

I thought it's basically a taster course of some the best premium games available on the platform that people might not have tried yet that might then interest people in the upcoming sequels to some of those games. It's an interesting marketing tactic.

There should still be PS4 titles added every month to PS+, those will be playable on both systems. PS5 games on PS+ will be more likely to be indie games at first as the licensing cost of big budget games would likely be too high for quite a while.

1 hour ago, sammy said:

Does anybody have experience of game sharing on their Playstation? Is it fairly straightforward (just need to make each other’s consoles the primary device from what I’ve read)? Any issues/annoyances? My brother in law is getting a PS5 so thought I could share my PS4 library with him and share costs for next gen games.  

It's an absolute doddle. Both consoles will need to have both of your accounts on them. Make his PS4 as your main console and vice versa. If you want any of his purchased games, then log onto his account on your PS4 and download them - they will then appear for you to play on your account. He would do the same on his PS4 to get your games. Have two factor purchasing on so that he can't purchase games on your account (best practice - not casting aspersions..)

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-gameshare-on-ps4?r=US&IR=T

Does anybody hold out much hope for these being restocked and available for Christmas?

I’ve been a bit out the loop following things but now thinking about asking Santa for one.. given there’s naff all chance of much else happening over the festive season.

I would think so, definitely. Just the usual launch hype to get people to buy.

I'm planning to pick one up around then and don't foresee a problem at all.

1 hour ago, sammy said:

It's pretty straightforward. My kids use it to gameshare.  Only quirk is that on PS4 your non primary machine doesn't autosync game saves to the cloud. You have to do that for each game yourself.   The PS5 might be different and just autosync.  In fact I'd be very interested in how this works on the PS5. Lets us know when you find out!

17 hours ago, teddymeow said:

PSNow is actually pretty good. PS2 and PS4 games are downloadable while PS3 games are streamed.

I think the reason it gets negatively compared to GamePass is because Sony refuse to put their big 1st party games on it at launch.

There's more games on it in total than GamePass.

Is there a lovely friendly webpage with the complete list?

16 hours ago, mikeyl said:

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09/16/devil-may-cry-5-special-edition-slices-its-way-onto-playstation-5/

DMC 5 special edition numbers: 1080p at 60fps, 4k at 30fps and 1080p with no space rays at 120fps. I’d get it in a flash if it carried over my PS4 save as it’s only like £30ish but it’s lame as F that PS5 can’t do 4k 60fps with everything shining from the off.

Hope this type of thinking become the standard.

There should always be:

• A quality mode (high quality 4k with tricks like ray-tracing)
  • A stable mode (best possible quality with stable framerate e.g. 30fps, maybe use some tricks e.g. checkerboarding to get there)
  • A performance mode with locked 60fps

Bonus:

• A performance mode with locked 120fps

Most gamers will be served with these 4 modes across all their games.

43 minutes ago, MNFRMTMRRW said:

Hope this type of thinking become the standard.

There should always be:

• A quality mode (high quality 4k with tricks like ray-tracing)
  • A stable mode (best possible quality with stable framerate e.g. 30fps, maybe use some tricks e.g. checkerboarding to get there)
  • A performance mode with locked 60fps

Bonus:

• A performance mode with locked 120fps

Most gamers will be served with these 4 modes across all their games.

Does this mean you'll be okay with the quality mode at 10-30fps?

If we must put up with developers having multiple modes (basically one for screenshots and one for actually playing) I can see two being the most common: quality and frame rate. Former at 30fps and later at 60fps (or 60 and 120 if possible but then it's less important to most).

I’m not buying a PS5 at launch at the mo, so I won’t be as excited as you guys in November. It would therefore be good for someone else to take over the OP of this thread if possible, as I fear that it won’t be updated as often as it should be around that time! Is this something that the mods can make happen? 

I'm still flip flopping over upgrading my tv. It seems the sweet spot is going to be 4K 60fps which my C8 will happily do and I'll no doubt love. But I have a massive FOMO on 120fps that, in the near future at least, I probably won't use.

Basically I'm pondering spending £2000+ just for the few instances of 2160p or 1440p with 120fps.

Is VRR another thing that should be seriously considered? I don't know if 4K 60fps is going to be locked in on most games and the preferred way to play anyway.

I'm waiting to see what the prices do and think about it more if they drop I guess.

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ
  • Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 | 10 Days - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ