PlayStation 5 - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ

So WRC9 is going to be a launch game? Only just grabbed the PS4 version to get the free upgrade, so really pleased if that is the case. Footage looks nice too. Will no doubt end up being the game I play the most out of the launch titles. 

I'm late to this, but from what I have seen the official Sony headphones/headset need a USB dongle. Again? Does this mean any non-dongle type of existing Bluetooth Wireless Headphones are not going to work?

2 hours ago, Minion said:

Fuck Cyberpunk delayed! No......

Ok Demons it is, I'm still holding out a little longer for a price reduction if possible, it's released a week early right to coincide with the US release?

Also this from the usgamer article is a little worrying as mine will need to be horizontal in my cabinet, he makes it sound like horiontal it's just resting on the plinth and is wobbly, how true that is I don't know:

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/playstation-5-ps5-initial-impressions-a-huge-weird-art-mural-of-a-console

Same link posted earlier in the thread. Hopefully it's just bluster and it isn't wobbly, considering all the engineering that's gone into the thing I can't imagine it would suffer from wobbly-itis.

Have you seen the shape of it? Course it’ll wobble without the stand.

2 minutes ago, JPL said:

Have you seen the shape of it? Course it’ll wobble without the stand.

No it suggests that it balances on the stand, as in it's not secured, that's how it reads anyway, I was sure it had some sort of clipping thing though.

Just now, Minion said:

No it suggests that it balances on the stand, as in it's not secured, that's how it reads anyway, I was sure it had some sort of clipping thing though.

Yeah, not sure. There definitely won’t be a big screw hole on the side to fasten it securely though. Not that it matters, once it’s in position, it won’t be going anywhere.

1 minute ago, Minion said:

The teardown video showed the markings for where it should clip to, and it being pushed fairly firmly into place... guessing if it's not clipped on that exact spot, it'll wobble as it's not secure...

Just now, Sell73Out said:

The teardown video showed the markings for where it should clip to, and it being pushed fairly firmly into place... guessing if it's not clipped on that exact spot, it'll wobble as it's not secure...

Oh yeah! Thanks dude oh my god I think it looks amazing, I hated it when they revealed it I actually laughed in derision but now I think it's fucking marvellous.

36 minutes ago, Minion said:

Oh yeah! Thanks dude oh my god I think it looks amazing, I hated it when they revealed it I actually laughed in derision but now I think it's fucking marvellous.

You deserve all the wobbles you get! :D

2 hours ago, gospvg said:

I know others have said it but the lighting on this is terrible. I genuinely couldn't see where to go when they were on the brown track through brown terrain part, and when they went past buildings & barns the shading was so flat it looked like previous gen, not next gen.

1 hour ago, englishbob said:

I'm late to this, but from what I have seen the official Sony headphones/headset need a USB dongle. Again? Does this mean any non-dongle type of existing Bluetooth Wireless Headphones are not going to work?

I've asked about this in the past and it's the same reason Bluetooth wasn't used for the PS4, or the PS3- too much latency. The headsets use 2.4GHz RF instead.

Re. HD rumble and people not supporting it, Sony said they’ve created software that automates turning audio in to HD rumble info (is kind is sound anyway) which should help. And in turn that may mean Switch games supporting it more through the magic of cross platform development.

The number of people who are just snapping in the stand wherever they like near those PS symbols, and doing it while holding the PS5 in their arms or laying it flat on the stand, instead of just standing it upright first, is sickening.

7 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Does it actually need the stand in vertical mode? Like, are those small holes in the bottom important enough that it needs to be raised or anything?

Should be fine if you don't have a cat.

The PS5 draws in air from the top-front and expels it out the back, so I don't imagine it needs a riser. 

1 hour ago, cubik said:

I know others have said it but the lighting on this is terrible. I genuinely couldn't see where to go when they were on the brown track through brown terrain part, and when they went past buildings & barns the shading was so flat it looked like previous gen, not next gen.

That’s because it pretty much is previous gen! it’s basically just the PS4 game running at 4K/60fps! Which is good enough for me, as WRC8 is the best Rally game since the original Colin McRae titles and WRC9 is essentially the same game with extra locations and improved handling.

I think this game gives a good indication of what to expect from most of the cross gen games being released for PS5/Series X at launch.

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ
  • Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 | 10 Days - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ