rllmuk
Eighthours

PlayStation 5. Sony event on 11 June showed console and games

Is there a clever way of ensuring that the game audio won't feed back through the mic? Is it highly directional or something? I mean, it's a brilliant idea that I've wanted for ages I just assumed there was a reason it hasn't been done before.

3 minutes ago, Pob said:

Is there a clever way of ensuring that the game audio won't feed back through the mic? Is it highly directional or something? I mean, it's a brilliant idea that I've wanted for ages I just assumed there was a reason it hasn't been done before.

Maybe it'll have some noise cancelling tech. they already know what the game sounds are from the Ps5.  Possibly might be a battery draining hog.   People with Kinect are not the greatest but that might be becuase it's sat right next to the TV speakers for most. Maybe better if it's right next to the player and away from other sound sources

4 hours ago, Alex W. said:

There doesn't seem to be an accessory jack on the bottom of the pad, just a headphone socket. So either it's gone altogether or they're going to sell a better Dual Sense Pro controller for £150 with back paddles etc. Which seems like something Sony would be extremely in to.

It wouldn't surprise me if this was the case. Probably some sort of Xbox Elite controller style Dual Sense Pro or something.

I just want them to confirm that wired PS4 controllers will work so I don't have to spend £200 on a new arcade stick.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

I just want them to confirm that wired PS4 controllers will work so I don't have to spend £200 on a new arcade stick.

Pretty sure they already have... 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Pretty sure they already have... 

Ah, cool. I saw that the Xbox One pad on Series X is confirmed by Microsoft but I've only seen speculation about DS4 on PS5 and nothing about 3rd party, wired controllers for either console. I'll remain optimistic until I'm inevitably disappointed. 

7 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

Ah, cool. I saw that the Xbox One pad on Series X is confirmed by Microsoft but I've only seen speculation about DS4 on PS5 and nothing about 3rd party, wired controllers for either console. I'll remain optimistic until I'm inevitably disappointed. 

I gave it a bit of a google and it looks like they've not confirmed that yet? I might have dreamed it or something. 

18 hours ago, Ferine said:

I like it. Bolder look than I was expecting; I imagine the console itself will follow suit.

Feature-wise I'm really curious to try the haptics. Although I hope more developers support the gyro for aiming this time around.

6 hours ago, DC Lemon said:

Ugh, does it even have gyro? Not that they made much use of it with the DS4 but I have all but retired from aiming to shoot with a right stick after three years of Switch.

This is what I want to know.  Gyro and Bluetooth are what Im hoping for.  (Bluetooth so I  an use it on PC)

2 hours ago, Jashin said:

Pretty sure that a mute button has already been confirmed.

The joke is that you wouldn't want to hear all the people who haven't muted themselves anyway.

It's just twigged what that design style reminds me of, Anyone remember 2003's unreleased Phantom console?

phantom2.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Empathy 1

2 minutes ago, Revival said:

It's just twigged what that design style reminds me of, Anyone remember 2003's unreleased Phantom console?

phantom2.jpg

Yeah, someone's already posted that.   :)

1 hour ago, Super Craig said:

image.thumb.png.a94a6a8a6e0e0a5d2905ade8bcd5ad2a.png

1 hour ago, Nequests said:

EVDExq5XQAgelhb.thumb.jpg.04ad50db5565dce8b3668bf95cd30396.jpg

must say, not a big fan of how neither of you seem to want to attribute this to the original tweet/creator.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

2 minutes ago, SeanR said:

must say, not a big fan of how neither of you seem to want to attribute this to the original tweet/creator.

I copied it out of a thread on ResetEra. Not trying to deny anyone credit and I very much doubt that anyone thought that I was the original creator anyway.

• Upvote 1

It looks like someones stuck some Gundam armour on a Dual Shock. The bottom half doesn't match with the top half.

9 minutes ago, Revival said:

It looks like someones stuck some Gundam armour on a Dual Shock. The bottom half doesn't match with the top half.

You say that like it’s a bad thing. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Fireball Charming's Drossel finally getting her own PS controller then?

AC5EE2B2-FFBC-4EEB-BC20-CB6B935F0A1D.gif.ec2629ef6b27ec2da8a65514315c9990.gif

• Upvote 5
  • Empathy 1

9 hours ago, kernow said:

Distinct lack of new console mockups 

Cmon internet

DF57538F-8CD3-45B5-AE7B-DA4145B388C0.thumb.jpeg.7eebd748157abb72ec6d2df2bb899e0e.jpeg

• Upvote 4

Hmmm...I remember this

96BF0401-EBEA-4733-8097-053F24F89248.jpeg

Not convinced the white clear button thing will be the final production design at all.