rllmuk
Eighthours

PlayStation 5. Sony event on 11 June showed console and games

1 hour ago, Boozy The Clown said:

To spend in pubs, cinemas, restaurants etc.. There's no way it'll be spendable anywhere but Covid deathtraps.

500 vouchers for £1 off a pint of Carling, Foster’s or a selected Real Ale at Wetherspoons.

• Upvote 2

Am I losing it or does this thread have a bunch of posts from other threads in it all of a sudden? I made a post about Observation in the Game Pass thread, yet now I'm seeing it here. Now I'm seeing a load of posts about Tories and Covid-19.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Pob said:

Am I losing it or does this thread have a bunch of posts from other threads in it all of a sudden? I made a post about Observation in the Game Pass thread, yet now I'm seeing it here. Now I'm seeing a load of posts about Tories and Covid-19.

I don’t really understand the observation posts; someone seems to be posting about think tank fantasy £500 Voucher schemes in lots of threads.

(haven’t checked the apple one, or the HDTV one)

2 hours ago, Stanley said:

As if that scheme will ever happen under the Tories. 

To be fair, you'd have said the same about the furlough scheme too.  It's amazing what the tories will do when they panic.

26 minutes ago, Dudley said:

To be fair, you'd have said the same about the furlough scheme too.  It's amazing what the tories will do when they panic.

They had no choice there - pay people or trigger complete social & economic collapse, with this it’s like, let people buy iPhones, or don’t. 

If this mythical scheme does become reality it’ll at least confirm the PS5 and next XB prices as being 1p less than the payout. 

4 hours ago, Pob said:

Glad it's not just me. I posted something in the Covid-19 thread and it ended up in here so I hid it.

21 hours ago, Alex W. said:

Parasite’s not a low budget movie though. It’s just not a Blockbuster Summer Movie Event, which seems to be the only type of game that gets the time of day as a major event. The bread and butter of the Oscars is movies like Parasite but gaming’s equivalent are all Marvel movies.

It's big budget by indie standards I suppose but low budget by Hollywood studio standards. The gaming equivalent of the Oscars (an awards ceremony put on by the industry itself) is either GDC or DICE, Untitled Goose Game was the gaming equivalent of Parasite this year as it won at both.

Looking at the history of both awards, major studio games have won most years but as they are peer awarded, clearly even game developers think the premium prestige games usually are the best things released that year but their taste ain't terrible usually.

RE: The Oscars, a criticism of that awards show is that it doesn't reflect popular taste leading to ever declining popular interest so they've been fiddling with it for several years to get more populist stuff like the Marvel movies included, even if most of Hollywood doesn't care for them.

5 hours ago, Thor said:

Yeah, something is proper fucked.

I blame the Tories.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Trumpets said:

I blame the Tories.

I blame Sega.

Do you play with people on other forums?

Yeah, i sometimes play on the rllmuk forum but its full of wankers.

• Upvote 4

If that's real, then it's the ugliest console I've ever seen. 

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

It's not real, but probably representative of how it will be.

Someone on Twitter has pointed out as the camera pans round to the right of it it moves and actually looks like it lifts up off the table, so a cgi.

1 hour ago, Pavey said:

Someone on Twitter has pointed out as the camera pans round to the right of it it moves and actually looks like it lifts up off the table, so a cgi.

Yeah I see that now. I'm sure the real thing will be much better looking.

I don’t think we need the power of PS5 if that flat-shaded jaggy mess can pass as photorealistic.

• Upvote 6

Well for starters the side is too wide and the corners are too sharp.

6 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

They're not real, but they're to show scale. If you're actually asking if it's to scale, then yes.

cool!

2 hours ago, Alex W. said:

I don’t think we need the power of PS5 if that flat-shaded jaggy mess can pass as photorealistic.

In that case we didn't need any console beyond the 360 and its photorealistic PGR3 visuals! Remember that epic discussion?

45 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

They're not real, but they're to show scale. If you're actually asking if it's to scale, then yes.

Instead of buying a new media unit to house the PS5, I think I will simply use the PS5 as the media unit.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

I still can't bring myself to believe it's that big.  There'll be some slight exaggeration going on.  It's gigantic!

3 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

I still can't bring myself to believe it's that big.  There'll be some slight exaggeration going on.  It's gigantic!

Don't know if it's to scale "or naw" but note that it seems bigger than it actually is in the video itself because it's stood on world's tiniest table straight out of hobbit town.

Well, it will tend to look bigger vertically compared to a console that’s horizontal, and I think the 3D model they’ve used hasn’t got tbr curves right and makes the underside a lot thicker than it really will be. But neither console is  going to be small, that’s obvious.

I wonder how much smaller it could’ve been if they’d gone for a denser design like Microsoft’s rather than the traditional flat box? Spreading all the chips over such a wide area has got to have an influence.