Jump to content
rllmuk
Eighthours

PlayStation 5. Sony event on 11 June showed console and games

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Spacehost said:

Sony's back-compat solution revealed: the console can easily house all your existing PlayStation consoles.


This is a joke, but the PS2 Slim is small enough they could put a bay for it in there and you probably wouldn’t even notice. Opposite side to the optical drive for balance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t care how big it is if it helps it run quieter.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hitcher said:

Well for starters the side is too wide and the corners are too sharp.

 

Sharp elbows

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Price, fan noise, size.

 

You have to pick 2 of 3 to be in your favour, 1 against.

 

Price against =£599+, fan noise against =PS4 Pro levels and louder, size against =PS5+

 

Price for =£399, fan noise for =inaudible, size for =Gamecube

 

Whaddyado?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bumgut said:

I don’t care how big it is if it helps it run quieter.

The Xbox One X is very compact and small, and yet is also quiet. Big doesn't necessarily mean silent, but I hope Sony listened to the feedback on the Pro.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

The Xbox One X is very compact and small, and yet is also quiet. Big doesn't necessarily mean silent, but I hope Sony listened to the fans on the Pro.

 

  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pavey said:

Someone on Twitter has pointed out as the camera pans round to the right of it it moves and actually looks like it lifts up off the table, so a cgi.


Really :lol:

The first thought I had was “augmented reality”

Try some augmented reality and see if you don’t move the camera in the exact same way...it’s a human thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They spent about a quarter of the Cernycast talking about energy and heat management, I think they have a plan. If it’s like the Series X it’ll have a beefier PSU than the PS3 and that heat has to go somewhere but in principle with the PS5 it will at least be a predictable amount of heat regardless of what’s playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stanley said:

So what about these £349/£259 rumours :blink:


It’s T3 reporting on a now-deleted Reddit story about a third party’s survey, which according to the Reddit comments repeatedly stated that the prices weren’t real.

 

So no.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Big doesn't necessarily mean silent, but I hope Sony listened to the feedback on the Pro.


To be fair, they tried but they couldn’t fucking hear it.

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jonamok said:


To be fair, they tried but they couldn’t fucking hear it.


I believe they tested the PS4 Pro in an chamber while wearing industrial noise defenders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AI1 said:

Price, fan noise, size.

 

You have to pick 2 of 3 to be in your favour, 1 against.

 

Price against =£599+, fan noise against =PS4 Pro levels and louder, size against =PS5+

 

Price for =£399, fan noise for =inaudible, size for =Gamecube

 

Whaddyado?


you go away, think about what you tried to say, then come back and try again, in English this time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

They spent about a quarter of the Cernycast talking about energy and heat management, I think they have a plan. If it’s like the Series X it’ll have a beefier PSU than the PS3 and that heat has to go somewhere but in principle with the PS5 it will at least be a predictable amount of heat regardless of what’s playing.

 

I'm mildly curious as to which ends up the most power efficient.  Those are some hefty clocks the PS5 is pushing, even if the SOC is smaller than the XSX. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, monkeydog said:

 

I'm mildly curious as to which ends up the most power efficient.  Those are some hefty clocks the PS5 is pushing, even if the SOC is smaller than the XSX. 


Yeah, real world figures are going to be interesting, and the number stamped on the PSU will be even less useful in making the comparison than normal.
 

Series X needs enough power to ensure it doesn’t brown out when running some hypothetical worst case scenario game umpteen years down the line, so they’ll have built in a margin for error, like all previous consoles. By contrast the PS5 will in principle have an energy usage ceiling that games simply can’t exceed, and Sony can put in a PSU that matches that. So I wouldn’t be surprised if the PS5 ships with a smaller PSU than the Series X even if they both use as much electricity in practice. Or if the PS5 uses more.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SeanR said:


you go away, think about what you tried to say, then come back and try again, in English this time?

 

:lol:

 

You have to choose one of the following outcomes from Sony:

 

For, for, against:

Gamecube sized PS5, silent, £599

 

Against, for, for:

PS5 sized PS5, silent, £399

 

For, against, for:

Gamecube sized PS5, loud, £399

 

Happy to help @SeanR you fucking donut :P

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Alex W. said:


It’s T3 reporting on a now-deleted Reddit story about a third party’s survey, which according to the Reddit comments repeatedly stated that the prices weren’t real.

 

So no.

I still reckon it’s going to be cheaper than people expect mainly because MS will go in low with this Series S, there is no point for it otherwise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AI1 said:

 

:lol:

 

You have to choose one of the following outcomes from Sony:

 

For, for, against:

Gamecube sized PS5, silent, £599

 

Against, for, for:

PS5 sized PS5, silent, £399

 

For, against, for:

Gamecube sized PS5, loud, £399

 

Happy to help @SeanR you fucking donut :P

 

 

 

it just seems to be a long-winded way of saying:

 

Quote

 

you’re buying a new console, you can only pick two:

 

small

cheap

quiet

 


 

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AI1 said:

 

:lol:

 

You have to choose one of the following outcomes from Sony:

 

For, for, against:

Gamecube sized PS5, silent, £599

 

Against, for, for:

PS5 sized PS5, silent, £399

 

For, against, for:

Gamecube sized PS5, loud, £399

 

Happy to help @SeanR you fucking donut :P

 

 

What about a PS5-sized GameCube that plays Laserdiscs?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AI1 said:

 

:lol:

 

You have to choose one of the following outcomes from Sony:

 

For, for, against:

Gamecube sized PS5, silent, £599

 

Against, for, for:

PS5 sized PS5, silent, £399

 

For, against, for:

Gamecube sized PS5, loud, £399

 

Happy to help @SeanR you fucking donut :P

 

 

 

No way I'd pay a £200 premium just for a smaller console.

 

The £399 silent but big console is the clear choice here surely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If that AR thing of the PS5 is accurate, that is absolutely horrendous. If I get one it’ll be going in a cupboard and I still don’t want that thing in my house. 

 

And it’s less powerful than the Series X!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

If that AR thing of the PS5 is accurate, that is absolutely horrendous. If I get one it’ll be going in a cupboard and I still don’t want that thing in my house. 

 

And it’s less powerful than the Series X!

 

yeah, but it's bigger AND may be louder AND possibly cheaper, so, uh...

 

YEAH!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Won't this be bigger than most Japanese apartments? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Won't this be bigger than most Japanese apartments? 

I hear it's IPX certified so you can just bolt it onto the outside of your house like a burglar alarm box.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s clearly this big so that there’s no room for anything else under your tv. Presumably this is also why Sony don’t  bother with making all HDMI fully functional every time the standard changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, footle said:

It’s clearly this big so that there’s no room for anything else under your tv. Presumably this is also why Sony don’t  bother with making all HDMI fully functional every time the standard changes.

 

What version of HDMI does the PS5 support? 2.1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Majora said:

 

No way I'd pay a £200 premium just for a smaller console.

 

The £399 silent but big console is the clear choice here surely?

well_there_it_is_jurassic_park.gif.d050d4a1d20f512a236475867dc9c2b2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.