What’s Your Favourite Daft Punk song?

acidbearboy

On 18/04/2019 at 16:37, Stanley said:

Rollin' & Scratchin'

Easily, mostly because anyone tuning into it at the wrong moment thinks "What the fuck are you listening to?"

Had a similar experience one lunchtime in OurPrice on the release day of Chemical Brothers "Dig Your Own Hole" album. I wasn't particularly into them, but they where playing it in the shop, and the middle part of the album is just full-on, I think its a few tracks up to and including the end of "Get Up on It Like This". When it finally finished I overhead this woman in the shop say "Thank Christ for that!".

Bought it straight away :)

Anyway whenever I play Homework indoors, that one always gets complaints! Its very crankable

R&S is one of those tracks that is fine in a mix or at a venue, but when I first listened to it in isolation at home I had a moment of skipping past a repetitive part, hearing a similar part and thinking “wait, is this the whole song?” But then I’m a simple being who likes build-ups and drops and transitions :blush: It is great to have in the background without paying much attention to, though.

E: if I thought about it there are probably more “repetitive” songs that I don’t mind at all, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I always thought Homework was a great collection of tracks but not a great album. Like you say, Rollin’ and Scratchin’ (and High Fidelity) are both great Techno tools but are too long and repetitive for home listening. I also think the longer album version of Around the World drags in comparison to the radio edit. The rest of it is top tier though. Da Funk is massive and timeless. Even the lesser talked about tracks like Fresh and Indo Silver Club are excellent. And as somebody said earlier in the thread, very few producers managed to make filtered disco loops to the same high standard. 

I like the longer tracks so I can drone out to them, and with Rollin’ & Scratchin’ I love the abrasiveness of it, it sounds like an Autobot beating a Decepticon to a pulp in a disused sheet metal factory, machines whirring and buzzing. But that whole album is great, it felt like a manifesto, a blueprint. 

Daftendirekt into wdpk, then Revolution 909 (that click snare) “stop the music and go home” - fucking awesome.