Persona 5 Scramble : The Phantom Strikers | PS4 & Switch | Musou P5

5 hours ago, Strafe said:

How do you regain SP? Ammo refills after each battle and I’m sure a message popped up saying SP regenerates over time but I’ve yet to see it happen.

You don't regenerate SP automatically over time. Your have a few different ways of refilling it though:

1. Leave the dungeon and come back at a checkpoint

2. Use items

3. Rely on the bond skills which replenish some SP

4. Rely on Futaba's support skills (when she gets them) that occasionally refil some SP during battle

The main way to prevent the issue is to avoid using those skills so much though- you shouldn't really have to use them on the majority of regular mobs around a dungeon, mainly for just the named shadows, mini bosses and proper bosses. You want to focus on using combos that end in persona skills rather than using spells as much as possible. This still exploits elemental weaknesses (if you're using the right persona), but doesn't use up valuable SP.

Remember that you can switch your team around at any time outside of combat too though (not just as checkpoints), if you find yourself with a member totally out of SP.

1 hour ago, Retroguy said:

You want to focus on using combos that end in persona skills rather than using spells as much as possible. This still exploits elemental weaknesses (if you're using the right persona), but doesn't use up valuable SP.

Thanks - how do you do this?

19 minutes ago, Strafe said:

Thanks - how do you do this?

If you check out the tutorial section once you’ve used each character, it’ll tell you what their combos are, and which ones end in a summon skill. It’s usually light-light-light-heavy attack for most characters, but some have other combos too and add persona attacks with master skills.

Just now, Strafe said:

Thanks again!

No worries!! That should make the game much more manageable now and prevent you running out of SP so much. It’s worth noting that the SP skills have more of an AOE effect though.

Also, if you ever get overwhelmed, just hold down the button to pick skills- it freezes the battle and gives you a chance to think and check enemy positions.

Now got to that place where I just feel comfortable strutting about whatever place I'm in just terrorizing shadows. Theres the odd super shadow that I'm warned off by Futaba, but generally I'm cruising just from understanding the systems somewhat and keeping my Personas ahead of the curve.

Early as I am in the game (second jail) I think it's really very impressive that they've gone with a different genre and kept the feel of it so well that my brain has fully accepted that this is just another Persona game while I'm doing very different things moment to moment.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure how common it is for people to finish this in 30-40 hours but I'm at 70+ so far!

I'm on what seems to be the final jail of my first run, I've done every request that's been available, my crew are nearly all in the low 70s, Joker is 77, I've got all of everyone's Master Arts and I absolutely love the game.

Definitely Gonna get a nice stock of optimised Personas and get the fairly easy Plat.

What a fantastic and different Persona game!  :D

9 hours ago, danbot said:

I'm not sure how common it is for people to finish this in 30-40 hours but I'm at 70+ so far!

I'm on what seems to be the final jail of my first run, I've done every request that's been available, my crew are nearly all in the low 70s, Joker is 77, I've got all of everyone's Master Arts and I absolutely love the game.

Definitely Gonna get a nice stock of optimised Personas and get the fairly easy Plat.

What a fantastic and different Persona game!  :D

They have done a great job of adapting the playstyle but it still feels like a Persona game. My 15 year old actually asked why I was playing this game again, thinking it was P5R. They did a similar bang up job with Age of Calamity, which feels very BotW but plays very differently

1 hour ago, danbot said:

Seems like I'll have to grab Age of Calamity after I'm done terrorizing shadows.

So not for a while then...

Its great. My son is not interested in Musou games but has blasted through calamity as he loves BOTW.

Me? I'm with you for a while busting shadows. Day off today so house jobs are done, settling down with P5S now!

Age of Calamity seems a bit controversial, I loved it but some really didn't (if you were expecting a BotW prequel you'd be disappointed). It doesn't have as much content as the original Hyrule Warriors, which is a ridiculous amount to be fair.

This game is a great time too.

I'm coming up to 40 hours, and I feel like I'm bearing down on the ending, based on the achievements that are popping. I've done absolutely everything available every step of the way, but I guess so far I haven't had to spend any time grinding levels or Personas, and my compulsion to max stuff will see to that no matter where the story ends.

It plays quite differently to P5 so some people may prefer this. On the other hand a big part of the characters and story is made a lot more meaningful if you've played P5.

A lot of the fundamentals aside from the hack and slash are straight out of the Persona games as well so if you would enjoy that, you would probably enjoy P5 anyway.

I dunno, both are great.

1 hour ago, El Spatula said:

If I haven't played Persona 5 is this worth considering?

No. It's very much a sequel following the same characters. If you haven't played P5 you won't know who the fuck they are. 

Spent all day on a final push, completed at 58 hours (as in, everything I can do on a first run). The NG+ structure is very strange, and it would be nice to get a heads-up from the game that it's going to lock you out of your current play through. Luckily I'd done absolutely everything else before

Spoiler

The Reaper

... but if I'd left missions incomplete I'd be a bit miffed.

Loved the game. It was just so great to hang out with the guys again and it's sooooo enjoyable to look at and listen to.