rllmuk
Paulando

Oculus Quest - (Usernames in first post)

What level are people playing Beat Saber on?

I appear to be around the top 20 in the world for a handful of tracks on Normal and so I’m wondering if a middle aged fat bloke can do that well in a rhythm action game, then perhaps the Quest hasn’t sold as well as we’d hoped! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bridger said:

What level are people playing Beat Saber on?

I appear to be around the top 20 in the world for a handful of tracks on Normal and so I’m wondering if a middle aged fat bloke can do that well in a rhythm action game, then perhaps the Quest hasn’t sold as well as we’d hoped! 

I’m playing through all the tracks on Hard. That feels like challenge enough for me for now. Lucky to break the top 300.

Normal is all about precision and a full slice. Hard (for me) is about not fucking up, and getting 100% of the cubes. Precision slices can follow in time.

• Upvote 1

Also, after seeing some peeps on reddit and Era recommending adding some counterweight to the bottom back strap to improve comfort, I’ve done some modding.

Created a segmented weight band with 30 tuppence pieces (in 6 stacks of 5), some black insulating tape to wrap them into a flexible beam, and a few strips of Velcro tape to attach to the strap. Looks neat(ish), follows the curve of the band and I can add it or remove it as required. Just used it for a while and it certainly improved the balance and comfort and allowed me to play and watch Netflix without any issues. Every little helps!

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, jonamok said:

I’m playing through all the tracks on Hard. That feels like challenge enough for me for now. Lucky to break the top 300.

Normal is all about precision and a full slice. Hard (for me) is about not fucking up, and getting 100% of the cubes. Precision slices can follow in time.

Ah okay. Will start on Hard next time then and see how I get on. 

3 hours ago, Hardbattle said:

Drop Dead Dual Strike looks good in a House Of The Dead kinda way. It has a co-op mode too apparently. Did anybody buy it and fancy a co-op playthrough?

i'm enjoying this. a great little game for the money. As for Robo Recall, i only had a brief go but didn't feel the love. I'll give it a proper go tonight if it still feels just OK that's refund 2 and i'll get Beat Saber & SuperHot instead.

On 26/05/2019 at 18:03, Hardbattle said:

Yep - this works. Downloaded skybox on my Mac and it streams to my Quest - 3d movies work beautifully too.

I have Skybox on my Mac, the app on my Quest and they are all on the same network but i can't link them up. how do i get content from my MacBook to the quest. Sorry for being thick.

1 hour ago, boybrown said:

I have Skybox on my Mac, the app on my Quest and they are all on the same network but i can't link them up. how do i get content from my MacBook to the quest. Sorry for being thick.

I found my movies from the internet tab on the Quest app. Plus I’d directed the app on my Mac to the movies folder in my iTunes library.

If you’re about tomorrow evening we could have a crack at co-op on Drop Dead if you fancy?

Thanks I’ve sorted it now. 

I may may be around all depends what time I get back from work but yes I fancy some co op. I’m dreadful at it though 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Looks like I need to get back to Beat Saber, some of you buggers battering my scores! :D

Hehe, I had been playing campaign previously!   Saw the high score chat in here so thought I'd have a run through each song on normal. It's a bit weird there's no way to order the tracks by 'difficulty' or anything. 

Anyhoo. Gonna try get through hard tonight! 

9 minutes ago, jonamok said:

How far have you got in the campaign, Rob?

Got to the point where its liking to give me disappearing arrows. Fuck those stages man! 

Just add one of us and then you can see mutual friends!

Beat saber on hard is tricky, man!! There's a couple of songs I just have a total brain fail at adjusting to the new patterns. 

Anyone tried one handed mode?  It's fucking insane!! 

• Upvote 1

Not yet. I have set a time for all the hard tracks it comes with (and reclaimed my top spot of the few of us with times that are on my friends list). Some of those bonus tracks are insanely long and complex on Hard, just scraped through with a C grade on one and Bs on the others.

Also, level 12a in the campaign asks you to move your hands 800m during the song (the previous one asks for 650m). Anyway, 800m is a piece of piss, 1294m bitches. Beat that. 

Mind you, the next one (12b) is waaaay harder, you can only move your hands a maximum of 120m all song, meaning you do it all with body movement. Came nowhere near it, and topped that limit about 2/3 into the song.

What a game.

2 minutes ago, jonamok said:

@robdood Is everyone on your Oculus friends list a mukker? If so I’ll send some more invites out.

Yeah I think so!  Some of them are Rift boys though!

Also, just played through Beat Saber Vol 1 & 2 songs on hard.  My fucking arms!  So good.  A few songs I couldn't finish, but am done for tonight I think!!

Tried a single track on Expert.  Yeah ok then. 

11 minutes ago, robdood said:

Also, just played through Beat Saber Vol 1 & 2 songs on hard.  My fucking arms!  So good.  A few songs I couldn't finish, but am done for tonight I think!!

Tried a single track on Expert.  Yeah ok then. 

I was very surprised with the leap from Hard to Expert, I just play through on Hard these days....Expert would destroy me :)

Must have a go at Escape (basically the default song) on Expert as I know the tune back to front by now. But not tonight, I’m fucked from progressing the campaign. :D

1 hour ago, jonamok said:

Mind you, the next one (12b) is waaaay harder, you can only move your hands a maximum of 120m all song, meaning you do it all with body movement. Came nowhere near it, and topped that limit about 2/3 into the song.

What a game.

There is no fail related to number of misses on that one. Basically you need to ignore as many notes as possible and only hit stuff if you are about to fail. It’s very counter intuitive. And not much fun to be honest.

I like the idea of what they have done with campaign but some of the challenges just aren’t fun.

I have As on every track on hard and most on expert on PSVR (bar the 6+min track whic I haven’t passed on expert), will have to take some time and get them on the Quest.

I really like the travel case for this, and it's amazing how small the whole thing is. And I'm likely to want to travel much more with this than anything previous....I REALLY want to play in a big open indoor area, so always thinking about where I'm going and what kind of space will be available!

Really impressed by Drop Dead Duel Strike for a nice on rails lightgun shooter, it definitely scratches the itch so far. Tried Ultrawings (which I never really got into on the RIFT) but for some reason it was glitching when looking out of the window...anyone else have it?

Guardian kept popping up way too keen on Beat Saber so I extended it out a little further to the walls as I thought I was being maybe a bit too cautious with my boundary (I have a decent space of 8.5 feet by 12 feet). Anyway, that worked well for Beat Saber and the guardian stopped popping up all the time. Then went onto Superhot and punched our stone fireplace. Ouch. Oops :(

Anyway, as a DK1 user, then Rift....this is a revelation. The pick up and play nature and without wires just makes it so much more. I don't mind too much the reduced framerate when it locks at 72 but I do mind when there are performance issues, tearing etc as that always kills the immersion for me. However I have high hopes that with Carmack magic and a few more months we might see some further performance gains.

What is a fucking revelation, and what no-one seems to mention is that my hot sweaty face doesn't instantly fog up the lenses like it did with the Rift and to a lesser extent the PSVR. I'd spend way too much time trying to clear the instant fog and not enough time playing. Not sure what magic they have pulled or whether it's using the cooling fan to do this...anyway it is amazing that I don't have to worry about the lenses fogging up any more. Still can't get it comfortable in terms of fit, trying all kinds of things although I'm sure I will crack it in the end. But makes me miss the PSVR and just how comfortable that was.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Guardian kept popping up way too keen on Beat Saber

This happens when you do big movements, it's a bit weird, there's obviously some kind of coded rule to it that on really fast movements it always flashes up guardian.  I find doing the stationary guardian is better for Beat Saber.