rllmuk
Paulando

Oculus Quest - (Usernames in first post)

What are peoples experience with shitty audio on this?

I've had the little bit of static noise thing I've heard mentioned before, but it's been a minor issue and not bothered me. It seems much worse tonight. Beat Saber sounds like complete shit  on some songs through the speakers. Bunged headphones on and it sounds okay. Not amazing, but no obvious  distortion.

Is this a known issue with a fix? I've turned the thing on and off and restarted the game and that stuff.

Had to change my Quest on launch day, I'm not going to have to replace another one because my speakers are fucked am I?

• Empathy 1

First proper day I've managed to spend with the quest.  Chucked on some custom songs , played that for a while .

Done a Few levels in robo recall as well , it's a great game ! I never got far on my rift version as cables pissed me off.

Tried rec room for a bit , didn't do too much though.

Charging it back up as have a friend who wants to have a go later with it.

Would love to get super hot but dont think I can justify buying it again.

• Upvote 1

Just got my Quest! So far it feels like a step up from PSVR because of the lack of cables. It's amazing how much the faff of setting up the PSVR detracts from the experience.

Can't wait to make a proper start on Beat Saber tonight (never played it on PSVR). Mind if I add a few of you folk to my friends list?

So it's the fast versions of the songs that are sounding particularly distorted and rubbish on Beat Saber. 

That Pop/Stars one a good example. It's crap through the speakers, but fine through the headphones that came with my PSVR.

Do the fast versions sound noticeably shit for anyone else?

Is the ‘resolution’ (might not be resolution) better? On psvr it was a bit too fuzzy for me. 

5 hours ago, Sygnar said:

Just got my Quest! So far it feels like a step up from PSVR because of the lack of cables. It's amazing how much the faff of setting up the PSVR detracts from the experience.

Can't wait to make a proper start on Beat Saber tonight (never played it on PSVR). Mind if I add a few of you folk to my friends list?

Add me: jonamok

• Upvote 1

Also, just been playing Space Pirate Trainer on the twilit decking of a static caravan in the middle of Wales.

Try that on your Vive/Rift/PSVR. :P

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Sygnar said:

Mind if I add a few of you folk to my friends list?

35 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Add me: jonamok

And me, xRichardTx 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

Yes PSVR is 900x1080 per eye whereas Quest is 2880x1600.

ie Quest is 1440x1600 per eye.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely bloody loved my first night with this! The freedom to move!

Thanks for accepting my friend requests guys ;)

Was going to order this a couple of weeks ago and saws John Lewis had it in stock.  Waited for a day and they were sold out and now everywhere is!  

Have ordered from Scan but delayed until 28th June :o

Ebay vultures in full flow with 64gb up for £500-600.

oh well will just have to read about in on here until end of June!  

Keep to the game recommendations coming! 

35 minutes ago, IainGamer said:

Was going to order this a couple of weeks ago and saws John Lewis had it in stock.  Waited for a day and they were sold out and now everywhere is!  

Have ordered from Scan but delayed until 28th June :o

Ebay vultures in full flow with 64gb up for £500-600.

oh well will just have to read about in on here until end of June!  

Keep to the game recommendations coming! 

Oculus themselves seem to be the best place to order from from what I’ve read/heard. Might be worth taking a look?

4 minutes ago, Bushtopher said:

Oculus themselves seem to be the best place to order from from what I’ve read/heard. Might be worth taking a look?

Thanks, they are 28th too.  Scan give 24 months interest free via PayPal so thought would through that since the date seems to be the same.  

Vader immortal wasnt bad , bit basic but enjoyed it. Probably the perfect length for an episode ( I started getting a bit of a headache).  

Personally think it's a little expensive for what it is- I cant see me playing through it again. 

I ordered direct from Oculus and they dispatched the following day despite saying it may not be until the 20th

I’ve been really enjoying this. Beat Saber is pretty amazing all in all, but also games like super hot and shadow point are playing to the cable-less strengths of the device. 

Im also going through a few games in PSVR and the hassle factor in setting that up is worlds away. 

• Upvote 1

@SaintM - add me too - Bushtopher

(we should really set up a google sheet and link to it in the first post to stop needing to do this each time!  I'll do this evening if no one has done before then)

• Upvote 4

Cheers guys. I’m saintm and have sent requests to a few names from this thread. 

I expect ill I’ll have to really up my arm flailing game now. 

• Upvote 1

Had a bit of a play on Beat Saber earlier, some of @jonamok's scores are insane. I stopped though as at least once a song I was getting a miss because it was loosing the tracking on the controller. Not saying I would have been perfect without it but it's so annoying, and I know that I'm conciously trying to work out what postitions it might be in that are causing it to lose tracking, which means I'm then not playing as freely as I'd like.

I don't know if it's a lighting issue or a controller battery losing connection issue. I mean obviously the Quest should be able to handle it as I've seen videos of people perfecting expert plus songs, and you guys are getting great scores as well so I'm wondering what's going on. It's annoying me enough to make me not bother going to scores at the moment, which is a shame.

Started Superhot VR last night. I never finished the rift version so it will be nice playing back through it. I kinda feel it isn't as accurate picking items up sometimes, maybe it's something to do with the sensors i don't know. Still, great fun though.

Face Your Fears 2 seems to be alright, although i have gotten stuck in a section and don't have a clue what to do! Anyone playing that?

1 hour ago, metallicfrodo said:

Had a bit of a play on Beat Saber earlier, some of @jonamok's scores are insane. I stopped though as at least once a song I was getting a miss because it was loosing the tracking on the controller. Not saying I would have been perfect without it but it's so annoying, and I know that I'm conciously trying to work out what postitions it might be in that are causing it to lose tracking, which means I'm then not playing as freely as I'd like.

I don't know if it's a lighting issue or a controller battery losing connection issue. I mean obviously the Quest should be able to handle it as I've seen videos of people perfecting expert plus songs, and you guys are getting great scores as well so I'm wondering what's going on. It's annoying me enough to make me not bother going to scores at the moment, which is a shame.

I’m going through a similar transition. I’m trying to not swing backwards much now to see if keeping the controller more in front will help things. 

Yeah i've lost tracking a few times on beat sabre, it's quite annoying.

I didn't even realise about scores per notes. 115 is the highest right? How do you do get that? My scores seemto be 80-110 per note.

It's all about the angle, you have to swipe from 90 degrees to at least 60 degrees the other side, and then you get bonus for how central to the block your swipe is.

So when swiping a down block you want to come from the saber point directly upwards to almost downwards and through the centre of the block to get max score. I find it really hard to get a decent score when swiping upwards as you have to really bend you wrist and get you elbow over you hand to point the saber directly down.

I think the centrality (is that even a word) only accounts for a max of 15 points of the 115.

19 hours ago, Bushtopher said:

I've created a google sheet for people to add usernames and what stuff they're playing (I expect this to be full of Beat Saber!)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YTbV_yvJtieDx7-RDcudzKMCs9jUD8XUY92xDKqmrZA/edit?usp=sharing

I've added in everyone from this page (I think) already.

@Paulando - could you add to the first post please?

Done!

• Upvote 1

@Darhkwing posted this in response to a question on installing custom Beat Saber songs in the Beat Saber thread. However as it’s a good video on SideLoading on Quest in general I thought it would be a good idea to post it here as well.

• Upvote 3