Oculus Quest

Paulando

20 minutes ago, Andross said:

Anyone got a referral code? 

I do, I think we might need to temporarily friend up on Facebook for it to work though. 

I can pm you a link to see if it works. 

Having had a quick blast on I Expect You To Die 2, it's exactly as good as the first. Which is an excellent game. 

Slightly more polish, as you'd expect, but I didn't think the first was lacking much anyway. Good shit.

does it start at the difficulty level it ended on with the original?

Or does it start off easier like the original.

The last couple of levels of the first game stretched me quite a bit so if that was the starting point for the sequel I might struggle :D

On 25/08/2021 at 16:40, Clipper said:

does it start at the difficulty level it ended on with the original?

Or does it start off easier like the original.

The last couple of levels of the first game stretched me quite a bit so if that was the starting point for the sequel I might struggle :D

There's a small tutorial, but I think this is assuming you've played before. The levels themselves probably follow the same difficulty ramp as the first, but they have some more unusual achievements that might be harder than the first for completionists.

It's not easy from the beginning, but it is incredibly satisfying and entertaining.

EDIT: And I finished it in about two sessions. But they weren't especially short sessions, I just love these games. Will probably go back for all the achievements, since they're so fun to work out.

Walkabout Mini Golf is fantastic. 🥰

I’ve always been a fan of the pastime, but it’s been difficult to find places out in the real world that offer it.  This is an excellent simulation with some wonderfully designed courses, & the extra gameplay offered by the harder course variants & the little treasure hunts you can go on are just the icing on the cake.

Unfortunately however, my WiFi connection for the Quest 2 isn’t the best so I haven’t tried Multiplayer, but this is the kind of game that motivates me to do something about that.

34 minutes ago, Welrain said:

Think I’m going to let my oculus go, never got over the motion sickness.  Going to wait for the new face cover thing to turn up and the stick on here.  

I've not used mine as much as I thought I would. I think not having a PC to link up for more potential doesn't really help. 

My Quest 2 arrived. I'm so glad I decided to plump for some prescription lens inserts to go with it because no way would I have gotten on with it with glasses after trying it on once with them. Impressed so far. For those who have Superhot VR, did it make you sweat like a pig. I don’t think it’s just my general unfitness because a full workout on Ringfit doesn't make me sweat like 20 minutes on this game..

Id love to get one of these.  I'll keep an eye on this as I can see this being the way to VR if you don't have a massive space to move around in VR.  Price wise I was expecting it to be more than it was.  Also a fun way to exercise 

I absolutely love the original Space Pirate Trainer, I was pleasantly surprised to learn of Space Pirate Trainer DX with an arena mode.  Hmm maybe my back garden would be big enough if not I have a mate with a huge garden

I tried "Elixir" which was a free download.  A very interesting taste of what Hand Tracking can do & the kind of game you can make with it.  I didn't really experience any problems with it, no missed inputs or anything like that, so are there any full games on the Quest 2 that use the Technology or is it not ready for that yet?

For anyone who has resident evil 2 remastered on pc - a proper vr mod is being worked on (with full motion controls) the guy behind it has also said the mod will work on resident evil 3 and resident village - should be available very soon. (This is a vid from a week or two ago but more work has been done on it since then) 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/882588601743978526/882805108381999124/2021-09-01_07-12-40-1.mp4

On 11/09/2021 at 20:32, simms said:

Id love to get one of these.  I'll keep an eye on this as I can see this being the way to VR if you don't have a massive space to move around in VR.  Price wise I was expecting it to be more than it was.  Also a fun way to exercise 

That does look pretty awesome! Not sure I'd be able to sneak that past the wife mind you...

So after a week of ownership, these are my impressions.

I held off on VR because of the sheer faff it looked, having a headset that you switch on wherever you are and go is really all I,d be interested PSVR2 may be wonderful but if I'm tethered by a wire to a device in a single location it'll  be dead in the water for me, not least because the room my PS5 is in really isn't suitable for VR. Tried Airlink tonight, and while it was a bit pixelly sometimes when you moved you head I was amazed how well it worked when my PC and router were in another floor.

As for native games I've tried:

Super Hot VR: First game I bought, after playing the demo, because I wanted to be Neo. To be honest while sometimes it can feel insanely cool overall it was a disappointment. The checkpointing abysmal, having to constantly replay 3 stages just to keep getting back to the tricky bit you're struggling with on the 4th can do one.

Beat Saber: Not much I can add to what,s already been written adinfinitum about this one, it's great.

The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners: Although it looks like a a PS3 game this one really wowed me in terms of giving you the kind of VR experience you want when you watched it in sci-if films, making you feel transported to another world. It's ultra immersive, all the little touched like grabbing stuff from various parts of your body; grabbing a zombie by the jaw, yanking their head down and ramming a screwdriver into it and then the impression of having to waggle it back out; I adore the way you put the barrel back in a revolver with a little flick. It also showed me how shit I'd really be in the apocalypse as all vestiges of coordination vanish and I forget how to even hold a two handed weapon the second I'm under pressure.

put this in the Enemy Territory thread but thought i would also stick it in here:

for anyone insterested a modder is releasing his new mod that allows ET to be played as a single player campaign (with co-op in the near future)   He has released a one map demo of gold rush.  You need to have a copy of RTCW installed on your pc.     Also this is fully playble on the oculus quest 1 and 2 with full motion controls using the dr beef RTCW version . link to mod:  https://www.moddb.com/mods/et/downloads/etsp

this is a quick vid i made of me on the quest 2