Oculus Quest

Paulando

8 hours ago, boybrown said:

I totally agree. I’ve been in that world for 2 years now and I’ve had enough and coming back here. 

Can’t wait for RE:4 later today. I’m also enjoying Song in The Smoke on my Quest 2. 

Do we know what time RE4 will be released later today?

1 hour ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

I'm a tiny bit irritated that I can hook my Quest 1 up to my PC very simply and play HL:A with everything cranked, yet am locked out from RE:4VR. It seems a little arbitrary. I guess they want a big app to sell V2's for Christmas though and wouldn't be surprised if it becomes available later down the line.

But that's not in anyway a fair comparison. HL:A is reliant on the processing power of your PC, whereas RE:4VR is native so requires the extra processing power of the Quest 2 headset.

It would like me being miffed that I can't play HL:A on my Quest 1 because my laptop isn't powerful enough to run it.

29 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

But that's not in anyway a fair comparison. HL:A is reliant on the processing power of your PC, whereas RE:4VR is native so requires the extra processing power of the Quest 2 headset.

It would like me being miffed that I can't play HL:A on my Quest 1 because my laptop isn't powerful enough to run it.

It wasn't really meant to be a perfectly fair comparison, more an observation that I find it odd that you can get something so visually incredible on the QV1 but be locked out of a port of a 17 year old game. I fully understand the reasons why just as I fully understand that the only limitation is there by design and could be bypassed by a little cable.

it's only by design if they've got it ported for PC desktop VR, right? I could be wrong but that feels like it would be more work than targeting a single-spec Quest 2. Unless the Oculus Rift libraries are more or less the same thing.

1 hour ago, metallicfrodo said:

why not release it for oculus rift the Quest 1 and Quest 2 owners can play it.

It is exclusive to one headset that Oculus make - when one other is perfectly capable (rift) and the other can stream it - that is ridiculous and taking exclusivity too far.

When MS brought out the Xbox One X (a more powerful iteration of the current gen) they didn't have Xbox One X games that wouldn't work on One S or even Xbox One.

6 minutes ago, Clipper said:

It is exclusive to one headset that Oculus make - when one other is perfectly capable (rift) and the other can stream it - that is ridiculous and taking exclusivity too far.

Well you could say the same about any exclusive. Why make PS5 exclusive games when you could have it on the PS4 and PC? Also I (and I assume you) have literally no idea how easy it is to just make a PC version of this. It's obviously been built from the ground up to run natively on the Quest 2 hardware.

It’ll be interesting to see how VR affects combat vs playing the pancake version.  I love that you have to physically reload guns and pull pins for the grenades.  Also you can dual wield.  Will you be able to calmly reload while advancing hordes or bosses are attacking?

I don't think the lack of mercenaries and the extra DLC hurt it. I'd imagine you'll see some of it in the form of DLC. I'm 7 hours in so far and it's very, very good. It's a lot easier now but crowds can still be an issue to deal with, especially when you're surrounded by all times. I've played Resi countless times over the years when it's been re-released and this is the first time it's generally felt like a brand-new experience. 

29 minutes ago, papalazarou said:

resi evil 4 vr  out now £30 which isnt to bad i was expecting them to go for £40 - intsalling cant wait to give this a blast since all the reviews have been great that ive read

I'm absolutely buying this as soon as I get home.

12 minutes ago, scottcr said:

How do you control the movement and stuff? This could tip me over the edge into getting one of these….

For resi evil there are various controls you can use the teleport mode (point and click where you want to move to) or you can use the thumbsticks to move like an fps game (both can be done standing or seated) there are other tweaks you can do like smooth turn or snap turn so you turn when you push left or right on the thumb stick 45 degree turns.  Of coarse you can also freely walk irl about your play space as well 🙂 

for weapons etc it’s all motion control so you use the guns like you would in real life with your hands or pick up stuff by picking them up with your hands (well with the motion controllers)  

Nnnnnnnngh. I've got £8 credit because I haven't used my Oculus in a while, but I've already bought two games this month and have about ten Oculus games I haven't even touched yet. Must stay strong!

I'm glad it's doing so well, though.

23 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Nnnnnnnngh. I've got £8 credit because I haven't used my Oculus in a while, but I've already bought two games this month and have about ten Oculus games I haven't even touched yet. Must stay strong!

I'm glad it's doing so well, though.

Go on you know you want to….. 😉 esp for £22 (with your discount) lol

I'm enjoying this but am not wowed yet (some of the Ganado linking animations are pretty clunky these days, for example), although I haven't yet reached the first boss. I didn't see the chainsaw guy in the village bit, only heard him - which was disappointing, as I was expecting to be shitting myself when encountering him! I didn't get the shotgun in the village either, hmmmm. Hope I can go back. (Also, has anyone worked out how to write to a different save slot with the typewriter rather than having to overwrite the one you already have in place?)

1 hour ago, Eighthours said:

I'm enjoying this but am not wowed yet (some of the Ganado linking animations are pretty clunky these days, for example), although I haven't yet reached the first boss. I didn't see the chainsaw guy in the village bit, only heard him - which was disappointing, as I was expecting to be shitting myself when encountering him! I didn't get the shotgun in the village either, hmmmm. Hope I can go back. (Also, has anyone worked out how to write to a different save slot with the typewriter rather than having to overwrite the one you already have in place?)

There's a knob on the left hand side of the typewriter. You simply turn it to select another save point. 

4 hours ago, klargon said:

Had the old Oculus30 discount waiting for me, so decided to go for it for £21. Never played through the full thing. Hopefully it’ll feel like good value

Cool, i thought that promotion had ended.  I may use the code and get this if still valid