Slightly boring sales figures talk but the Quest seems to be in quite rude health approaching it's one year anniversary. Seems that over $100+ million has been spend have on software, with titles including Moss and Pistol Whip making over $ 2 million each (very well deserved for what are great games). Probably could have made even more if the headset wasn't so supply constrained!

https://uploadvr.com/facebook-100-million-dollars/

Also v17 of the OS is launching this week which will see hand tracking going from experimental to a full release. To conicide with this there should be updates to Waltz of the Wizards and The Curious Case of the Lost Pets to fully support hand tracking.

2 hours ago, Dan chambers said:

Where did everyone get there's from? Right bugger to find one in stock but hoping John Lewis have a restock sooner than later.

Got mine from Argos, but Oculus had stock earlier if you change your region on their website then change it back to the UK. Bit buggy!

Anyone new to the Quest or looking for additional comfort (it needs it), here are my top 3 tips:

1. Buy a head strap, such as one of these: www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B081V8W4ZQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_HsfXEb4CPMFND

It spreads the weight properly over the top of your skull. Night and day difference to cheekbone comfort. Genuinely game-changing for me. The VR Cover face foam did nothing for me. Waste of money, and much less comfortable.

2. Velcro a counterweight to the back strap. About 200g works well. Again, offsets the Quest’s front-heavy issues.

3. Adjust the straps properly. Undo top and side Velcro straps completely. Pull the back rubber strap all the way under the bulge at the back of your skull. Hold it there while you gently tighten the top strap. Then pull the side straps out at 90 degrees to get a tight-ish face fit. Don’t overdo it. Combine this with 1 and 2 above and it’s as comfy as the PSVR.

Right, I've added everyone on the Google sheet to my friends list. Looking forward to being open-mouthed at your Beat Saber scores when I get the game tomorrow (just holding off until I see whether it's going to be in the anniversary sale). 

On 19/05/2020 at 15:36, metallicfrodo said:

Enjoy!

Got my eye on a few things that I hope will be going on sale.

Any idea when the sale starts? I can't find any info about it but I notice sales in general have dried up on the store so something must be afoot. 

31 minutes ago, bobin said:

Sale is on. Nothing unexpected, but some good package deals. Kind of tempted by Pistol Whip, I Expect You To Die, and Eleven Table Tennis for £40. 

Yes, luckily I want all three of these games so will definitely get this package. Otherwise it's rare to see amazing discounts like you can get on the e-shop.

Not used my quest for a while after scratching the lens against my glasses), but with lockdown, finally got around to looking at looking into it.

Turns out they are basically sealed and cannot be replaced, so all I can do is try to polish the scratches out.

On the flip side, I also started looking at prescription lens add ons. Some smart folk have made 3D printable frames that clip on and you can buy prescription glasses with the round frames and swap the lenses in.

Then I found these on AliExpress

Ordered 11 days ago from China, arrived today.  The plastic clips on over the existing lens, but you can take the prescription lenses off easy as they are held on by 2 magnets.

My prescription is in the 0-4 diopters range, so 36 quid delivered.

They are amazing. I can play without my glasses, no fear of scratching any more. I played a couple of Beat Saber levels, no movement, very little reflection (less than with my glasses), well worth it!

1 hour ago, bobin said:

Sale is on. Nothing unexpected, but some good package deals. Kind of tempted by Pistol Whip, I Expect You To Die, and Eleven Table Tennis for £40. 

I got that one. Have played a bit of Eleven... it’s scary how accurate it is. Will have to see if I can find a UK seller for the 3D printed paddle adapter thing, as it sounds amazing. 

Shame Superhot and Beat Saber weren’t on sale... I had to buy them at full price instead. 

Robo Recall is great, it’s on sale on the Rift store and is cross buy, not sure if its on sale on the quest store.

Pokerstars VR is now my favourite pass time, just ran my battery down for the first time ever. No battery warning at 1% strangely.

6 hours ago, cavalcade said:

It's not a tremendous sale by any stretch of the imagination... :(

They never are, are they? Oculus/Facebook have really missed a trick here while everyone's looking for something to occupy them during lockdown; discounts are usually slight at best. A decent sale would get people far more invested in software that'll keep them coming back to the platform.

On 18/05/2020 at 17:40, Ferine said:

Received my GoQuest VR halo strap today. Removing the original strap made me feel a little anxious as it feels like you're going to break something, but it's actually surprisingly sturdy.

Unfortunately the same can't be said for my halo strap. All seemed fine following installation, and it was certainly a big step up comfort-wise, but I just heard a noise, looked over at my Quest sitting on the side and one of the 3D-printed clasps has snapped. Good thing it didn't happen whilst I was wearing it, I suppose, but there's no way I'm going to trust supergluing it together so it's back to the original headband for me.

Hopefully the other people on here that ordered one are luckier with the build quality, but I find it hard to recommend a purchase if it's going to be such a roll of the dice.

That's disappointing to hear! Mine should be on its way here soon I hope, but I'm slightly annoyed that the company aren't responding to emails at all. I haven't had a single email notification that I have even ordered one. The only proof I have is my PayPal receipt, and because you can't make an account on their site, you can't track the progress of your order. It's all a bit half arsed really. I appreciate its a small operation, and they are busy, but a modicum of customer service wouldn't go amiss.

I've just taken the plunge on one of these myself, along with one of the straps posted in this thread. Does anyone have any recommendations for a counterweight though, or is everyone just using DIY solutions?

I haven't touched a VR game since the CV1 a few years ago, so I can't wait. :D

1 hour ago, Mogster said:

I've just taken the plunge on one of these myself, along with one of the straps posted in this thread. Does anyone have any recommendations for a counterweight though, or is everyone just using DIY solutions?

I use a battery pack in an iPhone X phone case that has a belt clip on it, works perfectly and I can charge my quest up as I play :)

1 hour ago, Mogster said:

Nice one, Mogster. You won't be disappointed! Which strap did you order?

17 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Nice one, Mogster. You won't be disappointed! Which strap did you order?

It's the one jonamok posted above:

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B081V8W4ZQ/ref=smi_www_rco2_go_smi_5447869900?_encoding=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0&ie=UTF8

I have a CV1 so I'm not new to VR, but that's been gathering dust for months now and the thought of setting up three sensor a room scale setup again was a bit depressing. A completely self-contained VR headset on the other hand sounds like the best thing ever.

It is a bit of a game changer. I hardly ever could be arsed getting the PSVR set up. With the Quest I find myself just whipping it out (and the VR helmet lol) for 5 mins on Table Tennis like I would with a mobile game or something. 

And it works perfectly as a wireless PC VR helmet too, which is also great. If only I could get up the courage to play Alyx :( 

• Paulando changed the title to Oculus Quest