On 18/10/2020 at 18:02, Stejay said:

I'm such a fool.  I've had Astrobot for 18 months or so and have yet to fire it up....:doh:

On 18/10/2020 at 18:05, Dirty Harry Potter said:

That is crazy. It’s flippin’ amazing!

On 18/10/2020 at 18:27, Thor said:

tenor.gif?itemid=9860810

You're in for a treat. :D

On 18/10/2020 at 18:36, Eighthours said:

Best VR game! (I haven’t played Half-Life: Alyx.)

I need banning from the forum for owning and not playing AB:RM until just.  OMFG, its pure Nintendo in VR, instantly the best game I've played in VR after one level, and the PSVR itself isn't as blurry or as heavy as I recall either.  Why have I ignored it for so long?  :doh:

Now I've checked and seen there isn't that much difference graphically between PSVR and Quest 2, is it worth buying Rez again already having it on PSVR?

19 minutes ago, petrolgirls said:

Astrobot only gets better and better too. The first few levels are just a gentle introduction of what's to come. 

I love Rez but don't think there's much point buying it again on Quest, no. 

I’ve bought Rez again just for the convenience factor and to have an excuse to play it again. I wouldn’t say it’s essential to re-buy but I’m very glad I did. 

1 minute ago, schmojo said:

I imagine that, even with Sony's new approach to bringing exclusives to PC, I'm dreaming expecting Astro Bot?

Does Moss scratch that itch in any way?

Ive never played Astro Bot but Moss was amazing, definitely one to pick up.

I'm fine with the standard strap, if anything the face part is a little uncomfortable so I may upgrade that. However, I've seen this strap highly recommended on a facebook Oculus group which looks like a very good alternative to the Elite (it can be adapted for Q2). And it is only $12.99. Might be worth investigating if you find the standard strap too awful.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B088H6ZMXL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_gxqOFbA24G3T4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Has anyone here played Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners on the Quest? I'm thinking about getting it but wondering how scary it is as I'm not great with jump scares and particularly opressive feeling games. Having said that I did manage to play through Lies Beneath (well at least until the awful last battle although my reason for giving up there was the controls not that it was scary).

Got my Quest 2 yesterday!

My old aliexpress Quest 1 prescription lenses don't work with the 2.  They clipped onto a little removable surround on the 1, that doesn't exist on the 2, so... if anyone else has the same issue and has a solution, let me know. 

I guess the solution might well be to buy a Quest 2 specific set..

10 minutes ago, Herbalizer said:

Mine has a Dead Pixel. Im going to return it when Argos reopens after the Firebreak. Will be asking for my money back as I dont play it. Glad there is a dead pixel tbh as i would be stuck with it otherwise.

I have used mine for 30 mins since i got it. I only use it for Beat Sabre and BoxVr and i cant exercise at the moment due to my lungs being destroyed by covid.

Wish i had a dead pixel...

7 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

Has anyone here played Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners on the Quest? I'm thinking about getting it but wondering how scary it is as I'm not great with jump scares and particularly opressive feeling games. Having said that I did manage to play through Lies Beneath (well at least until the awful last battle although my reason for giving up there was the controls not that it was scary).

Yes, it’s not massively scary but it does feel quite oppressive. 

19 hours ago, Freeman said:

Got my Quest 2 yesterday!

My old aliexpress Quest 1 prescription lenses don't work with the 2.  They clipped onto a little removable surround on the 1, that doesn't exist on the 2, so... if anyone else has the same issue and has a solution, let me know. 

I guess the solution might well be to buy a Quest 2 specific set..

They should fit - the Quest 2 doesn’t have the removable rings but it does have the indents for lenses to clip onto. I was able to use my AMVR lens protector rings from the Quest 1.

2 hours ago, r1skbreak3r said:

They should fit - the Quest 2 doesn’t have the removable rings but it does have the indents for lenses to clip onto. I was able to use my AMVR lens protector rings from the Quest 1.

Mine are basically 3D printed ones (as I say, Aliexpress), and the lugs aren't in the same place as the indents on the Quest 2.  The 1 had a rim all the way around..  They fit over but nothing holds them on.

There is a chance I could get new rings to hold on the magnetic bits, but they'd have to match my lens surrounds too, probably just going to have to get a new set.

This quest 2 is currently £275 on ebay. I've currently got and love PSVR but im sort of tempted by this. As someone whos never done PC VR what can this do? I understand it's a standalone unit but can i also run pc games on it? Can steam vr games run on it? Can i do this all wirelessly? The oculus store seems kinda empty and lacking is that the case? Also what PC games are worth picking up that haven't come out on PSVR as i've probably already got them there and really don't fancy buying them all again at full price.

17 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

This quest 2 is currently £275 on ebay. I've currently got and love PSVR but im sort of tempted by this. As someone whos never done PC VR what can this do? I understand it's a standalone unit but can i also run pc games on it? Can steam vr games run on it? Can i do this all wirelessly? The oculus store seems kinda empty and lacking is that the case? Also what PC games are worth picking up that haven't come out on PSVR as i've probably already got them there and really don't fancy buying them all again at full price.

Assuming you arent fussed about the Facebook stuff. the Quest 2 is a fantastic bit of kit. There are plenty of standalone games which are good in their own right. You can also play Oculus or Steam games via the link cable and the quality is pretty damn good. 

And yes you can play wirelessly using Virtual Desktop etc and that works very well, I played Half Life Alyx in the garden with the maximum allowable play area and it was great. There is a slight lag on the controllers which didnt really bother me in a game like that. 

3 hours ago, Ketchup said:

Quest 2 is a beautiful miracle. But you can get a new one on Very.co.uk as a first order for £270, I think.

I spent hours faffing around to get mine for 280 from John Lewis, and I'd happily have spent the extra 20 quid. It's been more captivating than any UHD, raytraced, HDR experience, and is a pure kind of gaming enjoyment I haven't had for years.

It will run SteamVR and Oculus games both wired and wirelessly. PC VR gaming I'm less sure on, but Alyx seems to be the killer app. That said, I honestly doubt you'll even think about anything else once you're playing immersive, ergonomically inventive experiences that make other games look... prosaic.

Also, I now have a 100ft cinema screen that streams from a share on my pc.

Bought Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners in the end. Had to clear a bunch of space but wow it is impressive! Only done the opening section and the first mission proper but it’s so well put together and while I’ve no doubt it looks much better on PC it looks great on the (original) Quest and plays so well. My goodness it’s violent though.

I've been playing a lot of Onward and Population: One recently and I like both. But there's one big difference: generally the tone is quite toxic in Onward. It's about 50 percent good and 50 percent bad but I've had quite a few bad experiences with people killing team mates for no reason, racist, homophobic and sexist comments or just general toxicity. Not once I have I experienced a female player either.

In Population: One players just seem to be better behaved and generally sweet. A pleasure to play.

Onward is terrific but I think the nastiness will eventually see me going elsewhere.

• Paulando changed the title to Oculus Quest