1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

No pop-up, no - that's what I'm looking for as I want to enable debugging access.

You need to enable developer mode for that, which is done via the phone app not on the Quest. The Oculus desktop app shouldn't need that though. Have you tried different USB ports? Also check device manager in Windows as sometimes it doesn't pick up the link cable correctly. Mine sometimes shows up as an unrecognised USB device, but if I delete it and rescan for new hardware, it picks it up OK.

9 minutes ago, r1skbreak3r said:

You need to enable developer mode for that, which is done via the phone app not on the Quest. The Oculus desktop app shouldn't need that though. Have you tried different USB ports? Also check device manager in Windows as sometimes it doesn't pick up the link cable correctly. Mine sometimes shows up as an unrecognised USB device, but if I delete it and rescan for new hardware, it picks it up OK.

I've enabled developer mode but will try the other things you've suggested. Cheers.

Right, all sorted now.

I've just been playing Moss as my first ever VR experience. Fuck me, it's amazing! Like, it feels like you're actually there, in the sky looking at this little mouse you're controlling! I keep on finding myself trying to use the sticks to move the camera, then I remember that I can just lean forward or move my head instead.

Incredible.

Nintendo need to get on VR properly immediately.

20 minutes ago, milko said:

Yup I gave up on seated and just draw a massive circle around myself.

@Jamie Johnyou were talking about cheap game recommendations and are you aware quite a few titles have free demos?

I wasn't, no, but I'll check that out. There's one called The Climb that looks pretty sketchy, but seeing as I'm terrified of heights, I'm not sure I should buy it.

I just did a level in Moss where a deer suddenly raises its head in the background. Nearly shat myself. :D

2 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

I wasn't, no, but I'll check that out. There's one called The Climb that looks pretty sketchy, but seeing as I'm terrified of heights, I'm not sure I should buy it.

I just did a level in Moss where a deer suddenly raises it's head in the background. Nearly shat myself. :D

If you're finding Moss immersive then wait till you try something like Saints & Sinners or In Death: Unchained!

9 minutes ago, Mawdlin said:

If you're finding Moss immersive then wait till you try something like Saints & Sinners or In Death: Unchained!

Is Saints and Sinners the Walking Dead one? Not sure how I'd deal with that, ha.

I've not heard of the other one you mention but I'll check it out.

Performance in Moss over wireless via the Virtual Desktop is pretty good, but it still chugs in places, even when I'm sat less than 2m from my PC. I think I might just play the majority of games using the cable.

7 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Is the Oculus Store the only place to buy Oculus games? Because they're not exactly cheap, especially now I've missed the sale.

For oculus native titles unfortunately yes it is.  

moss is really good and I’ve quite enjoyed playing it.   Journey of the gods is quite good it feels like Zelda in vr (there is a demo of it if you fancy seeing what it’s like) 

another good free oculus experience is mission iss that allows you to explore the iss space station as well as do a space walk etc 

2 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Right, all sorted now.

I've just been playing Moss as my first ever VR experience. Fuck me, it's amazing! Like, it feels like you're actually there, in the sky looking at this little mouse you're controlling! I keep on finding myself trying to use the sticks to move the camera, then I remember that I can just lean forward or move my head instead.

Incredible.

Nintendo need to get on VR properly immediately.

Wait until you try Half Life Alyx! :D 

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/15990/Everything_Everything/

For anyone who has a VR headset and into shooters. You need this pack currently on offer over at Steam. Some of the whackiest trippy shooty gaming experiences you will have in your VR headset and your PC. Not all at VR compat in that pack.... But it's exceptional value. 

If you thought Rez Infinite was a trip.... You ain't seen nothing yet. :D

4 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Do you have to play Steam VR games via the Virtual Desktop when using a cable, or can you access them from the Rift app on the Oculus?

Odd one. I have a Rift S so not sure if it will be different for you. I just start up steam and run the games through there. You have to have the Oculus app open though before you launch steam. Also I think you have to set something up in the Oculus app to run external applications (or something). Sorry not that detailed as I'm doing this from memory. Have lots of Steam games that run fine through the Oculus! Initially had a bit of a nightmare with my GTX970 but found out is was largely a VRAM issue on that card, now that I'm upto 6GB all is good!

17 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Cheers both!

No worries. Half Life : Alyx will blow your mind. Seriously. I think its in the sale at the moment too.... EDIT : It was yesterday :D 

Battlezone in VR is great too.. the list goes on....

33 minutes ago, MattyP said:

No worries. Half Life : Alyx will blow your mind. Seriously. I think its in the sale at the moment too.... EDIT : It was yesterday :D 

Battlezone in VR is great too.. the list goes on....

Yep, I've got Alyx already - managed to get it on the last day of the sale, I think. I'm playing through Moss first to get my VR legs, then I'll be straight in. I wanted to know the best way to play it first, but I think it'll have to be wired.

15 minutes ago, Mogster said:

Alyx works pretty flawlessly over VD as far as I'm aware. I really should play it actually.

Ok, I'll give it a go and see how I get on, but seeing as Moss hangs for half a second every now and again when I'm connected over wireless even when I'm sat next to the PC, I imagine performance in Alyx will be worse still. My PC is connected to the router through ethernet but via a powerline adapter, and even though VD says I've got a 5Ghz connection, it still says that I'm not connected via ethernet, so that might have something to do with it.

I take it that once you've set up VD to work with your OC wirelessly, it does so via the WiFi, not via Bluetooth, right?

31 minutes ago, earlymodernsteve said:

This is a proper idiot's question, but my PC doesn't have WiFi (direct ethernet only) so do I need an adapter to try out Quest Link wirelessly or does it just join the wider network via the router? Quest is connected via 5g at the moment. 

As long as the pc is connected via Ethernet to your router then your good (it’s how mine is set up) 

12 hours ago, papalazarou said:

another good free oculus experience is mission iss that allows you to explore the iss space station as well as do a space walk etc 

Go carefully with this one.  I like to think I have decent VR legs but ISS makes me sick as a dog pretty much immediately.

12 minutes ago, klargon said:

Still nothing from oculus on my account ban. Absolutely shite customer service.

That's shit. Have you tried making a fuss on Twitter?

I logged a refund request for Tetris Effect on Sunday and haven't heard anything yet, but obviously that's nowhere near as bad as having the console effectively turned into an expensive paperweight :( 

Have just sold my Quest 2. After a series of emails and 2 live chats, I’m pretty certain that Oculus Support will never actually review my account suspension. They’re bafflingly incompetent. I’m so disappointed, as I’d really been sold on the headset. On the plus side, it seems the headsets are currently scarce, so I made a small profit.

Great hardware, terrible service and completely unnecessary tethering to a Facebook account.

45 minutes ago, klargon said:

Have just sold my Quest 2. After a series of emails and 2 live chats, I’m pretty certain that Oculus Support will never actually review my account suspension. They’re bafflingly incompetent. I’m so disappointed, as I’d really been sold on the headset. On the plus side, it seems the headsets are currently scarce, so I made a small profit.

Great hardware, terrible service and completely unnecessary tethering to a Facebook account.

That is such a shame but I'm glad you got your money back (plus a bit more).

• Paulando changed the title to Oculus Quest