rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Ghost Recon Breakpoint.

I really hope this continues the Wildlands plot and gameplay style, genuinely one of my fave gaming experiences with my weekly group, one massive comedy playground.

• Upvote 5

If it's a new game they'd be crazy to do anything other than Wildlands 2. It sold gangbusters - vastly more than any previous GR game (especially its predecessor, Future Soldier) and it took them 6 years to make. The engine is astounding and it's a great foundation for future games so I'd expect to see at least a couple (or 12) more iterations of the same idea. Classic Ubisoft.

For the sequel I hope they angle it more towards the realistic and hardcore structure than the series is known for, and that the fans seem to want. At the very least, I'd want a properly thought-through 'realistic' option that co-op teams of four can default to rather than having craft your own experience by tweaking 100 options and HUD configs.

I feel as though the first game was a near-classic stifled by not knowing whether to be a proper military game or a military-themed GTA.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Is it definitely a new game or more stuff for Wildlands?

They've released plenty of GRW updates but never gone to the extent of a 'world premier' stream. So close to E3, I'm hoping it's Wildlands 2. It's about time.

I was expecting them to announce that new Splinter Cell now before anything else. And I still haven't gotten around to playing Wildlands 1 tbh! :lol: Is it even worth it in single player, should I even bother?

14 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I was expecting them to announce that new Splinter Cell now before anything else. And I still haven't gotten around to playing Wildlands 1 tbh! :lol: Is it even worth it in single player, should I even bother?

Its perfectly playable in single player but if you can get friends together for it the experience is far more fun, bad pilots, landing planes on top of each other mid air,  totally cocking up stealth plans, coordinated tractor attacks etc :)

The teammate AI is....functional, but not great.

Pretty sure there’s the option to turn off the AI now so you can play it more Solid Snake style. 

17 hours ago, Nathan Wind said:

One billion dollars says it's a remaster of the original and expansions. 

That would make me very happy.

There's a distinct purity missing from the later games that I'd love to rediscover.

3 hours ago, mechamonkey said:

Its perfectly playable in single player but if you can get friends together for it the experience is far more fun, bad pilots, landing planes on top of each other mid air,  totally cocking up stealth plans, coordinated tractor attacks etc :)

The teammate AI is....functional, but not great.

Ah, that's a shame. Getting people together to play games now that we all have kids can take forever. 

2 hours ago, Pob said:

Pretty sure there’s the option to turn off the AI now so you can play it more Solid Snake style. 

Oooh, that sounds interesting!

10 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Ah, that's a shame. Getting people together to play games now that we all have kids can take forever. 

Time is an issue for most of us now, I get things done by playing once a week with friends, we've been at it for almost 10 years now, our families and friends basically know Tuesday nights are a no go because it's "xbox night", solves a lot of issues if you can stick to a schedule. We only play coop stuff too, so Wildalands, Borderlands series, Division 1&2, Halos, Sea of Thieves, Strange Brigade, Vermintide, L4D etc have all been amazing for us (each can be drawn out over many months), you just have to switch of your got to keep up with everyone else mentality and do what you can :)

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Oooh, that sounds interesting!

Well, I absolutely love Wildlands and will play with any any Xbox owner who wants a game so if you fancy it just give me a shout. I think you’ll appreciate my realistic HUD settings as well :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gospvg said:

Name has leaked, Ghost Revon Breakpoint.

76A35C05-FE2F-4A3A-8464-6A0797863E11.jpeg

That camo makes me think it takes place somewhere near Russia. 

Gotta be four player coop hasn't it? Still very few coop games I've played have worked as well as Wildlands did. I'm playing a single player game, mate comes on and... we carry on playing. I drop off... he carries on playing. Shared missions completed at the same time are recognised on your map, no having to repeat missions because you hadn't done it on your map, but so easy to replay a mission if you wanted. And blimey it was funny, our games would always start with someone running over somebody else in the Llama bus and end with a grenade fight... lol

• Upvote 1

Wish the series would go back to it’s more tactical Co op roots. The older games were magnificent. 

New ones ok but couldn’t get with it as it just seemed to be the same things over, much more apparent than other ubi titles. 

• Upvote 2

More details by Eurogamer.

Breakpoint is a four-player co-op adventure that comes out 4th October 2019 on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

• Upvote 1

So this is basically wildlands 2 :-) 

love some of the new features like being able to carry fallen squad mates away out of danger before you revive.  Or which able to use mud on  the ground to camo yourself to hide or surprise the enemy 

• Upvote 1

So it's Wildlands pt.II set on an island, with a stamina bar with many many drones...and beards.

But raids?