Ghost Recon Breakpoint.

Mr Do 71

2 hours ago, Gizamaluke said:

That was me. I sent invites to all three of my uplay friends :D :unsure:

Ha, I was trying to work out who it was on here but couldn't find a rooster that fitted!

Thanks again. :)

If you have Ghost Recon Wildlands I’d recommend doing the latest special ops mission added, I went back and did it last night, it more or less directly leads into this with a bit of background story.

Without spoilers or NDA breaking I think it’s pretty safe to say we will be pre-ordering this after a session on the test earlier, we got hundreds of hours out of Wildlands and this looks set to continue that

4 hours ago, mechamonkey said:

If you have Ghost Recon Wildlands I’d recommend doing the latest special ops mission added, I went back and did it last night, it more or less directly leads into this with a bit of background story.

Without spoilers or NDA breaking I think it’s pretty safe to say we will be pre-ordering this after a session on the test earlier, we got hundreds of hours out of Wildlands and this looks set to continue that

I had a quick go on the technical test but I have to admit Division-style loot and levelling system they've grafted on might just kill this for me. It felt pointless in Assassins' Creed but in a Ghost Recon game it might actually put me off wholesale. I only tried Tier Mode in Wildlands for about 10 minutes before switching it off again as it felt all wrong.

I think the game looks stunning. I've barely scratched the surface of the previous title though. I don't have the hours in my life anymore for every game to be an 80 hour plus experience.

My personal bugbear with all of the Ubisoft titles is the amount of HUD markers on everything. Whilst I completely understand why they are there, I wonder if there is an option to disable them?

To me the game is about me and my friends role playing being in the Special Forces, so when my friend says 'bad guy smoking to the left by the jeep' that's important to me. Does he then need a white diamond above his head from that moment onward?

40 minutes ago, CrashedAlex said:

I think the game looks stunning. I've barely scratched the surface of the previous title though. I don't have the hours in my life anymore for every game to be an 80 hour plus experience.

My personal bugbear with all of the Ubisoft titles is the amount of HUD markers on everything. Whilst I completely understand why they are there, I wonder if there is an option to disable them?

To me the game is about me and my friends role playing being in the Special Forces, so when my friend says 'bad guy smoking to the left by the jeep' that's important to me. Does he then need a white diamond above his head from that moment onward?

You can turn all that off in Wildlands, and indeed the game works absolutely fine without the enemy markers. You still have the drone, binocs and vision modes so really the markers are just an unnecessary crutch and remove the tension. 

Here’s a video of me playing with minimal HUD:

I just hope Breakpoint doesn’t make the same mistake as Assassins Creed Origins and have critical enemy level and health information and part of the enemy marker.

I hope they fix issues with enemy spawning mysteriously behind you.  We were playing the Wildlands DLC 'fallen ghosts' yesterday, having a great time.  I dont mind unidad calling in re-reinforcements but when you've cleared an area, have you back to a large wall, spin around and 4 identical guys have spawned on top of each other it sucks the fun out of a bit.  Seen this happen at least 5 times during the 8 hours of the DLC. 

• 2 months later...
50 minutes ago, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

Would about now be time to buy Wildlands and play through it? Or has that boat set sail?

It's still hot. I got the Ultimate Edition for £4.99, and there is a ton of stuff to play. Don't play Narco Road though, it sucks.

On 19/08/2019 at 18:56, Mr Do 71 said:

It's still hot. I got the Ultimate Edition for £4.99, and there is a ton of stuff to play. Don't play Narco Road though, it sucks.

Pc i’m Assuming?

its on PS4 store for £8 right now and on Xbox for £12.  Think I might grab it and do co-op with the kids. 

5 hours ago, rafaqat said:

Pc i’m Assuming?

its on PS4 store for £8 right now and on Xbox for £12.  Think I might grab it and do co-op with the kids. 

It was recently in an Xbox sale, so i used my Microsoft reward points credits.

Ok. So The Division is on sale too. Also a co-op game so am thinking of getting that too. 

Seems very similar in terms of map full of missions to do in typical Ubisoft style. 

Worth getting too or is it is it just very similar to woodlands to not bother?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Len said:

No invite for the beta but played both alphas. Boo!

Anyone got a spare knocking about would be greatly appreciated. :)

Just arrived in the mail. 

Are we mostly all on ps4 or have a mix?