rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Ghost Recon Breakpoint.

4 hours ago, Hitcher said:

This is the full game they're on about though.

No it’s not! Do you really think a massive open world like this will have just 5 story missions in the full game?! This is just the detail for the open beta, which is as the video:

The  Ghost Recon Breakpoint open beta dates are between Thursday, September 26th and Monday September 29th on PS4, Xbox One and PC, details as follows:

The 'Veteran Spec Ops Emblem' reward for playing the Ghost Recon Breakpoint beta.

Solo or four player co-op exploration

Six regions to explore - Smuggler Coves, Mount Hodgson, Sinking Country, Fen Bog that were in the closed beta, and the addition of New Argyll and Infinity

Five main story missions (three new to the open beta) and several side missions

12 Faction missions available, with two Faction missions playable every day in each region

PvP (competitive multiplayer) on four maps - Skell Port, PMC Camp, Cold War Bunker and Deserted Harbor - on the Elimination mod

• Upvote 1

Well this doesn’t feel much of a step up from Wildlands. Only played an hour or two and am shooting down choppers with a sniper. Choppers with the same moves as Wildlands.

All that guff about survival and crafting seems so lightly grafted on it’s negligible. It’s also strange playing framey fps shooter these days after months of Apex. 

• Upvote 1

just had a couple of hours with a mate and it was great fun - like above are best laid stealth plans went to shit after about 30 seconds and then it was just balls to walls running and gunning.  is it me or is the AI a lot better than wildlands, they seemed to flank more and try and get arround you etc... 

• Upvote 1

Had a great moment earlier, approaching a base next to a train line, my mate skirted around the back and we got the drones out to see where everyone was. there were two guys up high and I was pretty sure I could snipe both. So took the shot, got the first one but missed the second, it looked like he actually leaned out the way of it, but that may have been my imagination. Anyway, the shouts go up and guys come pouring out of the base and pulling up in jeeps to come and get me, I'm flapping big time and drawing a lot of fire.

Then, my saviour, the train came and put a massive wall of steel between me and my hunters. I legged it up the side of the track and as I got to the end threw myself prone and went into prone camo... for about a 90 seconds they were searching for me, before they started to retreat back to the base. By this point my mate had gotten up nice and high and started sniping... as they ran back to the base I covered them off from behind as he sniped them. It was fantastic :)

• Upvote 6

Played pvp with @RickyDVT, its ok but no pubg killer. Need to proper tinker with the aiming as it seems to go to shit for some reason when your trying to track someone up close.

The random encounters in the main game are were its at for me, base clearing and the likes, looking forward to seeing those wolf chaps and all the tech drones coming at us

• Upvote 1

I find everything too dark, no matter what I change the ingame settings too, shouldn't need to adjust my tv for it. 

Inverted flight controls... Really, inverts left and right sticks... Jeebus.

I also need inverted on drone camera too. 

Aiming is not smooth at all, anybody been able to find settings that smooths that out? 

Other than that, seems better than wildlands and I can see me caving and buying this at or near launch. 

• Upvote 1

I'm currently playing through Wildlands as I bought it cheap last year and finally dived in a couple of months ago. Whilst I want Breakpoint, I'll think I'll wait and get it cheap once it has had any serious issues ironed out. Wasn't Wildlands a bit of a mess when it first came out?

kin el

proper grumble on that fella, I really enjoyed my time with the beta some points are valid some are just stupid. 

The monetisation thing is not pay to win and totally optional,  if anything you get all the guns through playing and upgrading them is up to you and still has a slight destiny, division 2 carrot and stick feel of wanting to chase.

The AI on extreme gave me a right run for my money, using various methods  to try and kill me such as snipers, grenades and flanking. I have no problem with bullet sponge tech drones, what does sir moanalot expect a one hit kill?

I saw a few vids which showed various types of drones that look like the Boston Dynamic stuff and are end of level boss kind of things. Really looking forward to fighting those and holding them off. Totally cool with bullet sponge with those and, also interested to see how the wolves play out.

The series has developed for worse into a more looter shooter affair and yes I too would prefer the old terrorist hunt game, but it has also taken the best bits from the Ubi templates, I love the base clearing and stealth, especially in a military game.

I had a lot of fun,  and in co-op this will be great, how much rinse and repeat needs to be seen as that's what turned me off wildlands, but for what I played I'll totally invest my time.

• Upvote 3
  • Empathy 1

I entirely agree with SkillUp I'm afraid. It almost feels as though Wildlands is the sequel to Breakpoint. I'm sure there's plenty of fun to be had in Breakpoint, but the direction they've taken it is completely at odds with the series' strengths. With Wildlands I already felt as though I was fighting to escape its dumbed-down nature - turning HUD elements off, leaving my team behind, applying my own restrictions to weapon-swapping, ignoring the overpowered rebel assists etc - and I think that'd be even worse with Breakpoint. Avoiding the social hub wherever possible, skipping the cut-scenes, steering clear of anything involving drones etc.

The setting leaves me totally cold, especially when you compare it to how well-realised Bolivia was. The main exciting development - survival - seems to have hardly any actual impact on gameplay and to be completely at odds with what you actually do in the game. It doesn't feel like you're surviving behind enemy lines at all. At least in Wildlands you could guiltily immerse yourself in the MAGA fiction. Breakpoint seems totally dissonant.

I also found the camera and aiming to be a big step back from Wildlands, but those things can be fixed quite easily. Vehicle handling is also much worse, the choppers in particular. Those are unlikely to be fixed.

Oh well, I've still got the Wildlands DLC Fallen Ghosts sitting there unplayed!

• Upvote 1

On 30/09/2019 at 10:02, Dave White said:

The monetisation thing is not pay to win and totally optional

Any developer that designs a game with a heavy grind you can pay to skip ("time savers") wont get a dime from me. I honestly think this is a bad direction some developers has taken. There shouldn't be a reason to pay in order to spend less time playing a game you have bought. 

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Stevie said:

Any developer that designs a game with a heavy grind you can pay to skip ("time savers") wont get a dime from me. I honestly think this is a bad direction some developers has taken. There shouldn't be a reason to pay in order to spend less time playing a game you have bought. 

the in game currency enables you to buy whatever is on offer at the store.

14 hours ago, Dave White said:

the in game currency enables you to buy whatever is on offer at the store.

Then what’s the point of micro transactions? Your post defies logic.

Ubisoft are adopting the free to play model from games like world of tanks, but they still charge full prize because they are greedy.

• Upvote 1

Most shitty predatory bottom of the barrel freemium F2P trash on the App Store also allows you to grind for currency in game, it’s hardly some kind of trump card.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Stevie said:

Then what’s the point of micro transactions? Your post defies logic.

Ubisoft are adopting the free to play model from games like world of tanks, but they still charge full prize because they are greedy.

that's what I'm saying there is no point of micro transactions in this, as you unlock everything as you go. Obvious but `I can't see the problem here. You don't have to buy anything. Just ignore all this and play the game.

On another note the aiming default has been a bit contentious for me, aiming was dragging and sluggish in fp.  I've found that turning everything up to 42, such as first person x axis, sniper aiming and the likes is the balance ive looked for. So crank the lot up to 42 in the advanced controls and its much better. 

Also drop snap to aim to 0. 

• Upvote 2

Dave is right about the microtransactions. I actually didn't realise the game had any until reading this. At no point does the game point you to the store and I only found it by tabbing across.

It doesn't make sense because it looks like everything in there can be bought from the hub shop for a pitiful amount of credits.

So yeah, people who haven't played it complaining about microtransactions is at odds with the experience of actually playing it.

The real crime is not being able to set paint jobs to apply to all guns of that type, or no inverted drone controls or inverted flight controls inverting both sticks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

19 hours ago, Dave White said:

that's what I'm saying there is no point of micro transactions in this, as you unlock everything as you go. Obvious but `I can't see the problem here. You don't have to buy anything. Just ignore all this and play the game.

Unlock by grinding more than normally. It was like in Far Cry 5 where you would run out of ammo for airplanes with the option to buy more ammo for ingame currency, and you could get that by spending real money. 

Being anti consumer is ok, just be honest about it.

• Upvote 1

regardless of the negatives, concerning what the game is trying to be, assassins division etc, I am really enjoying it, but there is definitely  something off with the controls, I am trying to find that PUBG kind of response,  snappy super accurate were recoil patterns are controlled and managed with practice.

There is something loose and floaty about them in first person and when up close and recoil comes in you cant seem to track targets accurately, feels like deadzones are maxed and the crosshair is dragging .   I'm sure i'll get something with more tinkering in the end but compared with the division it shouldn't be this vague out the box. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, SweatyTravolta said:

So yeah, people who haven't played it complaining about microtransactions is at odds with the experience of actually playing it.

Ubisoft have developed a business model and they apply it to all their games, only it gets worse for each game. 

When you are offered “time savers” for  “convenience” doesn’t it ring any bells?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Stevie said:

Unlock by grinding more than normally. It was like in Far Cry 5 where you would run out of ammo for airplanes with the option to buy more ammo for ingame currency, and you could get that by spending real money. 

Being anti consumer is ok, just be honest about it.

really mate your rattling on about other games here, you don't own this and probably have no intention to do so, but I have told you twice, so here's a 3rd time just because there are micro transactions you are not coerced into purchasing them, its a choice for the consumer that doesn't affect gameplay, outcomes, ammo, fuel, cornrows, waxed eyebrows or chin hair. Id much sooner you hassled the person who invented crocs instead.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3