rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Ghost Recon Breakpoint.

I’ve put over 120 hours into assassins creed odyssey. I bloody love it can’t put my finger on it. The world, the exploration, the combat. Whatever,  I’m still not done and that’s my go to. 

For all all the criticisms of this being another mixed bag of ubi games. That’s a selling point for me. 

Maybe im the demographic they’re going for as 20 hours in I am utterly loving this game. 

• Upvote 3

Think I'm going to pull the trigger on this at the weekend. I never touched Wildlands but all the positive feedback on here is encouraging. I have read a few of the bad reviews and they do seem like pure hatchet jobs. Not read the Polygon yet but will give it a read over tomorrow. A colleague is also really enjoying it so I might see about some online McFuckery for the weekend.

tldr - cautious man with free weekend might buy new game.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, djbhammer said:

That’s an excellent review. One of the things it highlights I am particularly enjoying is taking a long hike to a mission on foot. You encounter so many random fights and places to explore, different biomes, changing weather conditions, you just feel immersed in the world. Like others have said, I have picked up many items dotted around at enemy posts and in chests, there is plenty to grab. I did take one flight in a chopper to parachute into a mission which was cool but certainly felt I was missing out on a nice ground hike.  Great stuff.

I agree entirely. 

I'm about 16 hours into the game now.  I'm having such a good time exploring with no particular structure.  I've been happy to leave the story missions untouched just now (only done 2 of them).

My fun has been building my class - medic - finally reached level 10 this evening.  I love the pattern of small mini goals it gives you ... plus, it helps wrap a simple purpose to my random exploration; shoot 3 enemies in 5 seconds with SMG, shoot 3 drones, and so on.  I've enjoyed that it 'forces' me to try all the gun types (In over 150+hours with Windlands I only ever used ASR and sniper rifle) so it's really opened up the game for me.

The map also feels huge. I've spent a couple of days exploring two of the areas in more detail.  Today I just decided to drive from one end of the island to the other.  Again, no significant purpose, except to open up some bivouac points so I can fast travel at a later point.  Good mix of zones/areas especially with the graphical uplift compared to Wildlands.

• Upvote 2

I'm glad it's not just me having a good time with this or I'd feel like I was going mental. It's an improvement over Wildlands in every way possible.

I spent a couple of chilled out hours last night just following the zoologist and castaway treasure hunts in my helo. The map is just jaw dropping. The little islands down south remind me of Skellige.

• Upvote 1

Unlike assassins creeds past offerings you don’t have to base clear 100% to complete a mission . You can succeed or fail by your own skill, cunning and tactics. 

Each one is a puzzle to me and I think that’s what I’m enjoying. However it’s totally optional and your choice on how to tackle them. 

Superb stuff 

• Upvote 2

I’m enjoying this too. Am skipping all the cutscenes as the world is too big and open to make any sense of it bar ‘bad men take over island’. Having some fun with a team in Ghost War which I don’t think is as good as Wildlands offering - the BR circle speed is a joke atm, and is literally a sprint rather than a tactical retreat.

Still wish it had better 60 FPS code on console as close combat is proper Benny Hill style.

• Upvote 1

If you're playing this Billy name mates are you going to lose out a hell of a lot of the games plus points. Or is it still the shizzle when solo?

2 hours ago, idiwa said:

If you're playing this Billy name mates are you going to lose out a hell of a lot of the games plus points. Or is it still the shizzle when solo?

I played some SP solo and it was still fun shooty mans. Play medic so you can revive yourself . It's not a game for those who need to open and collect everything as there is A LOT of stuff.

Playing PVP Ghost War last night - does anyone know how to have suppressors fitted to guns all the time instead of doing it each round. Or going loud on the first shot. If there's no way, there needs to be a fix in the next patch.

• Upvote 1

Apart from the stupidly difficult to navigate base I'm really enjoying this,  not had a single player Tom Clancy game for ages.  This is something I've missed immensely and its great fun to play. I'm really noticing the little things that Ubisoft get right - like button presses being just right with the amount of pressure needed.

• Upvote 1

2 weeks in still my go to and my enjoyment hasn’t faded whatsoever. 
starting to get some nice rare drops now including an exotic wolf dmr. 

Still dont understand the hate and really poor reviews. 

• Upvote 2

@Dave White I wonder how much reviewers spend in a title. This really didn't click with me at first and I thought I'd pissed away sixty bangers... But after 3-4 hours shit kicked off and I'm now enjoying the tension of hunting down bad guys and being methodical whilst avoiding helicopters and drones.

The pisser now is my broadband has been down for two days and I can't bloody play it :omg:

• Upvote 2

One thing I have to agree with the reviewers on is the piss poor AI. I'm playing on normal, which feels right for solo, but if you set off alarms and sit in a room the bad guys will just run in leaving you to camp easy headshots while the corpses pile up. I've had whole compounds dead in the same doorway.

The enjoyment is in the stealth though so often if I set off alarms I'll just retreat and try again rather than cheese it.

• Upvote 2

On 17/10/2019 at 10:03, Gizamaluke said:

One thing I have to agree with the reviewers on is the piss poor AI. I'm playing on normal, which feels right for solo, but if you set off alarms and sit in a room the bad guys will just run in leaving you to camp easy headshots while the corpses pile up. I've had whole compounds dead in the same doorway.

Now compare that with Halo released in 2001. People here will defend this game no matter what, are they Ubisoft employees or what?

I finally got the game and I'm playing it, visually its a mess. Wildlands I did enjoy from the get go, but this game is just poor craftsmanship. 

Finished the campaign, put a solid 35 hours into this and thoroughly enjoyed every minute! The reviews are very harsh in my opinion. I loved Wildlands so I suppose I was always going to like this. I did miss controlling the A.I. teammates however (although it’s coming at a later date via patch). 

For anyone interested, its £28.99 on Amazon. Considering CEX are giving £29 cash, worth a punt! I traded in mine yesterday at CEX so happy with that after paying £38. 

• Upvote 2

Ubisoft planning an Anthem-sized undertaking to fix the game following poor reviews and sales:

https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/news-updates/6Bb2b4t42qC0ar5B3t5rmM/tom-clancys-ghost-recon-breakpoint-moving-forward

This is the message I was hoping they'd get:

We are happy to see players embracing the new elements of the game, but we also understand that there are areas of improvements. Some of you would like our new survival mechanics to have more impact on your experience, while others dislike the tiered loot progression we have added.

One of the key elements of our vision for Ghost Recon is to immerse our fans in a gritty and authentic military experience.

In line with this vision and the feedback we received, we are working on a more radical and immersive version of Ghost Recon Breakpoint. We also want to let you tailor your experience to the way you want to enjoy the game, since freedom of choice has always been part of the Ghost Recon DNA.

It’s still too early to share details on how that will work exactly, but it is top of mind for the team and we will keep you updated as we progress.

If they can produce a more hardcore, survivalist and tactical way to play the game that de-emphasises or gets rid of the tiered loot system, I'd be all over it.

• Upvote 2