IGNORED

Playdate-A new handheld console thingy

bear

12 hours ago, Xevious said:

I really fancy this as well, but at $179 it's a bit of a stretch.  I was thinking something in the region of £100 would be a definite purchase.

Yeah, I was thinking it'd be an expensive gimmick console at £100.

At what could quite possibly be £200 in the UK if they don't sort out local distribution... lol.

I am an occasional hipster and eat cereal bars (not AT cereal bars though). I don't want any part of, unless some factory in China steals the mould and churns on Pi cases for it, then I might buy one of those. 

Still love it - the idea of a season of games is really ideal for the way I play stuff. Smaller less demanding games that I can play and get through at a pace that means I can have a current conversation about.

This is the most hipster thing I’ve ever seen, particularly the co-founder’s shirt. Are you supposed to PLAY the Play date while it’s in the stereo dock, as that looks like it would be massively uncomfortable? If not, why does the dock exist?

Still, if there are enough good games it might be worth buying. It’s just difficult when it screams, ‘From the folks who wrote the words on the back of Innocent Smoothie cartons’ all over it.

Yes! Keep games systems weird. This feels like something that wound normally be jammed together as an electronics project for an audience of one person that inexplicably made it in to mass production.

It reminds me of those experimental bit Generations GBA games and the GB Camera. There’s a similar weird energy coming off of this and I haven’t felt that in the current game climate for ages now. A Game & Watch for the modern age? Sure, why the heck not?

This continues to look adorable, but pricier than I'd like. Still, Keita Takahashi and Lucas Pope? Plus a fun little development environment? Yes please!

2 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

This looks absolutely brilliant, I am buying one and the daft dock.

Plssss do - youtube video the affair should it ever emerge. This whole thread makes me smile. 

A fucking crank! Alarm clock dock with pen holder! 

Can't make this up - absolute GOLD. YELLOW GOLD.

Just now, Uzi said:

Plssss do - youtube video the affair should it ever emerge. This whole thread makes me smile. 

A fucking crank! Alarm clock dock with pen holder! 

Can't make this up - absolute GOLD. YELLOW GOLD.

Gonna use Playdate Pulp to make my own game where people constantly ask you what the point of the Playdate is.