Playdate-A new handheld console thingy

bear

Just now, klargon said:

Hopefully most people were like me in that they didn't necessarily care that much if they couldn't get one.  It's a pretty expensive curio, after all.

Yeah. When the first card got declined I sort of saw it as a sign. 

Then tried another card anyway. 

If I’m not in batch one there’s no point signing up for the 2022 preorder batches when they open - I’d be better off waiting until there’s feedback from the 2021 purchasers.

2 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

I thought they weren't gonna 'sell out' just move to later shipping? 

Yea, pretty disappointed myself, but to be honest, spending all that money for something arriving in 6 months was just about ok, but not for a year hence. Kinda glad it’s just gone to sold out, in retrospect. 

3 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

I thought they weren't gonna 'sell out' just move to later shipping? 

They definitely said this. I'm holding out some hope they've removed it from sale until they can get the shipping thing sorted. 

Well I've been trying for 20 minutes and it's either out of stock, or the case is out of stock, or it doesn't recognise my Google account or it won't ship to my address. Shambles.

Just now, deKay said:

Well I've been trying for 20 minutes and it's either out of stock, or the case is out of stock, or it doesn't recognise my Google account or it won't ship to my address. Shambles.

Keep trying Dekay. I was really looking forward to your inevitable delivery day debacle. 

1 minute ago, Popo said:

Now changed from “late 2021” to “2022”.

Dont think I’ll bother, but so feel like I’m missing out on that first the only season of games.

Changed that to make you feel a bit better. 

1 minute ago, therearerules said:

Kept getting interrupted because 6pm was also the start of the press review at the UKGamesExpo and I was table 1. Got no shipping first, but then retried and got one!

I tried to explain it to people, to point out I wasn't being rude, but preorders for a hipster handheld console with a crank had just opened! Still, none of them were in distribution, which is who I really wanted to speak to.

4 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

Keep trying Dekay. I was really looking forward to your inevitable delivery day debacle. 

195xx!

But it says 2022. But it *also* says the first 20000 are 2021.

Went for it with a 2022 date. I'm order 19 900 and something and they said there would be 20 000 so I live in hope. Ever the optimist.