IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes

Broker

26 minutes ago, Broker said:

A few of us have reached a boss that’s hard. Harder than any other fromsoft boss I’ve ever encountered I think. 

Sounds ominous! I’m still really enjoying just exploring around and going back to places I found earlier and stuff. Might go and do some Dragons I’m sure they will liven things up a bit!

Just done the Carian Study hall (not got the item to complete it yet though) after going there early on. One of the best bits of the game for me that. The sense of vertigo and being on edge it gives you is incredible. Reminded me of the original Tomb Raiders, when you were platforming and it was miles back to a save point!

I had a productive evening with this, tonight. I took down the Evergaol boss in the starting area, and the dragon. Is he supposed to:

Spoiler

Go and perch on a cliff at the end of the fight? He wouldn’t come down and I had to climb up the cliff to kill him. I wasn’t sure if he’d just bugged or what.

And then I killed Leonine Misbegotten. I didn’t realise I could use spirits, so pulled out my Jellyfish and he agro’d him, drawing most of his attacks, making the fight mostly trivial, which is a bit of a shame. The game is very arbitrary about when it does and doesn’t let you use spirits, and it feels like it lets you use them in places it probably shouldn’t and vice versa.

12 minutes ago, robdood said:

RE  holy weapons and undead...

Hide contents

Omg so there are actual skellies that DO require faith weapons to kill, eh? :D threw me for a moment, thought he game had gone wrong on me!!)

No, don’t believe so. Might be a necromancer hiding somewhere. 

24 minutes ago, Ry said:

Yeah. As a total novice I have been doing ok with my pure shield melee build for 70 hours but I can't find a feasible way to beat this bastard. 

Will go back after I'm done at the mountains up north. 

Another question - Has anyone came to that tower that's hidden? (I'm guessing it's a tower) You get a map that tells you where the two neon blue signs are but I can't find the third even though I have studied the map and scouted the area for absolutely ages. 

yes, I gave up and googled :)

but if you want a clue that’s less explicit than what I found.

Spoiler

Those blue monster things only turn up nearby one of the signs. And you should probably wait until night. Then hit things.

im a bit surprised there’s no message, really

25 minutes ago, Ry said:

Another question - Has anyone came to that tower that's hidden? (I'm guessing it's a tower) You get a map that tells you where the two neon blue signs are but I can't find the third even though I have studied the map and scouted the area for absolutely ages. 

I can tell you as I found it yesterday or I can give you a clue what would you prefer?

1 hour ago, kensei said:

Nah. You know when Nintendo are like "Seriously we perfected the formula in the last one, what the hell else do you want?". That's this for Souls. There's no way to top it.

You can vary the formula a la Bloodborne or Sekiro. But straight up Souls, we're done for a decade until technology opens new possibilities.

There'll be DLC for this though, which is mind boggling.

I wonder how long this took the, does anybody know? It's immense in scope I really am astonished they achieved what they have. I hope we get some sort of follow up, even if it's on a tighter scale, the dungeons are fantastic as always and I reckon they've got more up their sleeves for sure.

Cool little detail I just discovered: if someone in the same multiplayer group as you defeats a Shardbearer, as well as the message popping up, each person in the group gets gold lines around them and increased rune drops for a time, the same as if you eat a gold fowl foot.

If you haven't already and you're playing online, put the 'Rllmuk' multiplayer password in.

6 minutes ago, kempstar said:

Who?

that would be

Spoiler

Malenia Blade of Miquella

an optional boss...but fucking hell!

do yourself a favour, DONT summon! makes it way harder.

1 minute ago, 5R7 said:

that would be

Hide contents

Thanks, havent come across her yet….. challenge accepted.

43 minutes ago, Ry said:

Yeah. As a total novice I have been doing ok with my pure shield melee build for 70 hours but I can't find a feasible way to beat this bastard. 

Do you mean the Mirage Rise? I can't find the third thing either. I've found the area where the blue enemies appear (close to the row of huge standing stones marked on the map) but I can't find the third crest. 

Also stumping me at the moment - Volcano Manor. I got an invite to visit there from a woman I met in the lakes area after I got her necklace back from the prawn vendor. But I don't know how to find it. Where should I be looking?

49 minutes ago, Ry said:

Re The Hidden Tower

Spoiler

Head towards the broken bridge, there is a rock there that reveals the final sign when you hit it.  IIRC its on the left side if you approach with the tower behind you

Just now, Anne Summers said:

Do you mean the Mirage Rise? I can't find the third thing either. I've found the area where the blue enemies appear (close to the row of huge standing stones marked on the map) but I can't find the third crest. 

Also stumping me at the moment - Volcano Manor. I got an invite to visit there from a woman I met in the lakes area after I got her necklace back from the prawn vendor. But I don't know how to find it. Where should I be looking?

Ok I'll spoiler both for you as I did these both yesterday but it's the full answers:

Spoiler

The third icon is right where it says it is on the map near the broken bridge but it is hidden inside an illusory rock, I discovered it by the camera clipping through it and getting a flash of blue.

As for Volcano Manor, if you have got the invite by giving her the necklace then she should show up when you reach Altus in 1 of 2 places depending on where you enter it by, if you have already entered Altus she'll either be at the top of the Dectus lift or in the ruins next to Erdtree Grazing Hill as they are the two entry spots. Clearly you have entered as you're looking for that icon thingy in the woods!

4 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

It will be completely obvious once you have the map for the area.

13 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

that would be

Reveal hidden contents

I just read an article listing the 15 toughest bosses. Interestingly, I have only beaten 4 of them, and I think im fairly far into the game (mountaintop of giants). The one you mentioned is listed as the hardest!

21 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

If you haven't already and you're playing online, put the 'Rllmuk' multiplayer password in.

Where does one find that exactly? Or am I being dense and it’s Rllmuk?

3 hours ago, Steven said:

Remember getting that for the Amiga and thinking, how have they done this?

It was the Elden Ring of its day, in that it created this impossibly huge game world, and I had absolutely no idea what was going on. 

Anyone got any idea of the best staffs? Currently using the DemiHuman staff and Moonveil at 30 Int/30 Dex but while my slashing and stabbing are doing well would like a little boost to spellage.

Weirdly I've been barely using a shield at all after playing a shit ton of Sifu, Sekiro and Nioh....

14 minutes ago, Minion said:

Ok I'll spoiler both for you as I did these both yesterday but it's the full answers:

Hide contents

The third icon is right where it says it is on the map near the broken bridge but it is hidden inside an illusory rock, I discovered it by the camera clipping through it and getting a flash of blue.

As for Volcano Manor, if you have got the invite by giving her the necklace then she should show up when you reach Altus in 1 of 2 places depending on where you enter it by, if you have already entered Altus she'll either be at the top of the Dectus lift or in the ruins next to Erdtree Grazing Hill as they are the two entry spots. Clearly you have entered as you're looking for that icon thingy in the woods!

Thanks - I entered Altus via the great Lift though, which if I understand you right means she should be waiting for me at the top of the lift, after I get the invite. She isn't, though (or at least, I can't find her there). 

3 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

Thanks - I entered Altus via the great Lift though, which if I understand you right means she should be waiting for me at the top of the lift, after I get the invite. She isn't, though (or at least, I can't find her there). 

Spoiler

have you tried going to the bottom and coming back up, she's actually pretty camouflaged too! She's basically behind the two golems and the left, try again? Otherwise try the ruins by erdtree grazing hill assuming you've found that grace?

Having a good roam and finally beat a couple of minor bosses, the dragon in Limgrave and a right pair of tossers near the selia crystal mine. Got a new summons so time to retry Rennala or whatever her name is. 

Yeah, I failed at taking a break

Godrick is down! To be honest I had completely forgotten about him as I had gone off to wander the lands. Explored most of Weeping Peninsula + Morne Castle, a bit of Caelid (I don't think I belong in that cesspit just yet) and a fair bit of the Lake (getting to the Academy) before remembering I'd left him breathing. Didn't take too long this time, I did it the easy way I think, with my now +6 wolves and the NPC summon. I was left on my own towards the end, but the bloody slash made short work out of him. 🙂

My wolves are now mean as hell... I was in one catacomb, getting completely smacked around by a boss, and I was just desperately blocking and rolling away, when all of a sudden he went down! So basically I was distracting him while my wolvie mates bit his *ss! :wub:

I'm not really sure what to do with Godricks rune and the remembrance - looks like maybe I can duplicate the remembrance at one of the mausloeums, is that what they are for?