Jump to content
IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes


Broker
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Minion said:

OMG I'm so stuck, have I missed something obvious or is this literally the hardest level From have made - I'm talking about the haligtree - please help!

 

  Reveal hidden contents

In Elphael Inner Wall the Ulcerated Tree Spirit and all the knights around it, how the fuck are you supposed to kill that, and are they being buffed by soemthing as I do barely any damage to the knights, I just get wrecked over and over again! Any advice warmly welcomed please!

 

which one is that one? stick a pic in a spoiler

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm digging my current look, noticed the Eileen cosplay does increase jump attacks, AND I LOVE JUMP ATTACKS. 

 

Also now rocking the jump attack talisman too, we raining death from above!!  Also that Radagon's talisman, that buffs a bunch of your stats by five each... Insanely good. 

 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.00995a5db1ab427a36bf50b8a6ef5554.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

which one is that one? stick a pic in a spoiler

 
took it on my phone as don’t know how to share picture from psn without twitter which I deleted because that shits toxic

 

this is from behind, if i aggro it here it destroys me in this little space, or I go through the whole level and again I just get destroyed by it and the knights who are seemingly near invincible, it's really pissed me off I am missing something obvious. I'm not a caster so that doesn't help

Spoiler

 

E7AC70D7-3C3C-412E-ACC8-781C102B6686.jpeg

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ah that one! yeah,  i think i used my standard "cant be fucked with that " strat  of The pulley bow, and bleed bolts! fucks up everything!

 

From where you are

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Minion said:

it's impossible! If anyone has a video they can share that would be handy I suck at youtube because I barely ever use it

 

It's tough but possible. Took me a few tries. Here's what I did:

 

Spoiler

I have an INT build (70 INT) so use magic pretty much exclusively (Uchi and Moonveil as backup if melee is absolutely needed).

 

Mimic Tear Summon first

Then soften up with Comet Azur

Then switch to something like Stars of Ruin to mop up

 

The Mimic should, if your lucky, act as distraction so the knights don't mob you. There is a bit of luck involved there - sometime the Mimic just sits there doing nothing.

 

None of this is any use if you don't run magic of course - you could try a re-spec though.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

ah that one! yeah,  i think i used my standard "cant be fucked with that " strat  of The pulley bow, and bleed bolts! fucks up everything!

 

From where you are

 

2 minutes ago, ox1973 said:

 

It's tough but possible. Took me a few tries. Here's what I did:

 

  Hide contents

I have an INT build (70 INT) so use magic pretty much exclusively (Uchi and Moonveil as backup if melee is absolutely needed).

 

Mimic Tear Summon first

Then soften up with Comet Azur

Then switch to something like Stars of Ruin to mop up

 

The Mimic should, if your lucky, act as distraction so the knights don't mob you. There is a bit of luck involved there - sometime the Mimic just sits there doing nothing.

 

None of this is any use if you don't run magic of course - you could try a re-spec though.

 

 

Thank you both, I just summoned a couple of people and they seemed to have the build for it, god knows what they used but they had some sort of weapon art on a Greatsword that did tons of damage to the tree and down it went! Clearly my shitty dex build is lacking! Can those things bleed, it was either fire or bleed couldn't really tell. Feels cheap but then I had no way of beating all those enemies myself, even my mimic was getting destroyed in no time at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Interesting. I'm sure at some point they must have gone from a standard videogame horse that you tediously whistle for and then mount, to combining whistle and mount with the 'spectral steed' we got. It's sad we lost some Torrent characterisation though, that would've been nice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Valiant Gargoyles down with ease thanks to the +7 Mimic Tear / Hoarfrost Stomp combo. Still rocking ver 1.002, natch. First thing I’ve used Mimic for. Really looking fwd to going back to bosses I skipped and twatting them all over the shop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, robdood said:

Also now rocking the jump attack talisman too, we raining death from above!!  Also that Radagon's talisman, that buffs a bunch of your stats by five each... Insanely good. 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.00995a5db1ab427a36bf50b8a6ef5554.png

 

 

The soreseal increases all damage received by 15%. At lower levels it's definitely worth it, as that will be mitigated by both the vitality increase and endurance enabling heavier armour.

 

Now I'm over level 100, I'm not sure. Enemies hit like absolute trucks, and that 15% is going to bite. The additional health at 40 Vitality is also relatively less. 

 

Anyone got any experience on whether it stops being worth it?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/03/2022 at 18:33, ChewMagma said:

 

You have always been able to do this...

True.  I think when I beat Radahn my entire strategy was to keep the summons coming and make sure that if he was aggroed at me I would lead him back into my pack of besties.  I think I only hit him once but it took about 30 minutes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A question re Redmane castle. 

 

Spoiler

Am I missing something with the locked doors?  I've beaten Radahn, I've walked all around the place, but there are a bunch of doors I can't even interact with, some with pickups behind.  Do I need to keep looking or is it a 'come back later' thing?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kensei said:

 

The soreseal increases all damage received by 15%. At lower levels it's definitely worth it, as that will be mitigated by both the vitality increase and endurance enabling heavier armour.

 

Now I'm over level 100, I'm not sure. Enemies hit like absolute trucks, and that 15% is going to bite. The additional health at 40 Vitality is also relatively less. 

 

Anyone got any experience on whether it stops being worth it?

 

The way I look at it is, most things that are deadly kill me in 2 or 3 attacks, that 15% isn't gonna to change that too much.  Plus it just fits my style, better jump attack feels like a worthy trade.   :D

 

It bumps my vigour from 40 > 45 which seems to net me about 250 extra hp. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, kensei said:

 

The soreseal increases all damage received by 15%. At lower levels it's definitely worth it, as that will be mitigated by both the vitality increase and endurance enabling heavier armour.

 

Now I'm over level 100, I'm not sure. Enemies hit like absolute trucks, and that 15% is going to bite. The additional health at 40 Vitality is also relatively less. 

 

Anyone got any experience on whether it stops being worth it?

 

ive gota 180+ character, i still use it, as there are two other talismans you can use that mostly mitigate the damage! plus, the extra 20 levels, yeah its useful lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dumped the soreseal not too long ago at near 2k health it makes a diff and I have enough levels to spread between the 20 it uses to be fine. It's prob good till about 40-50 vig

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, robdood said:

A question re Redmane castle. 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Am I missing something with the locked doors?  I've beaten Radahn, I've walked all around the place, but there are a bunch of doors I can't even interact with, some with pickups behind.  Do I need to keep looking or is it a 'come back later' thing?

 


I left and came back and it all opened up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, robdood said:

A question re Redmane castle. 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Am I missing something with the locked doors?  I've beaten Radahn, I've walked all around the place, but there are a bunch of doors I can't even interact with, some with pickups behind.  Do I need to keep looking or is it a 'come back later' thing?

 

I think if you go to the area where your pals were waiting for the festival, up the stairs at the end and into the building, you'll find the announcer guy sitting in there. If you exhaust his dialogue, warp out then in again, the castle should have reset. The whole thing is pretty dodge. I experienced the same as you, but I think others fight another boss before they get to Redahn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Minion said:

OMG I'm so stuck, have I missed something obvious or is this literally the hardest level From have made - I'm talking about the haligtree - please help!

 

  Reveal hidden contents

In Elphael Inner Wall the Ulcerated Tree Spirit and all the knights around it, how the fuck are you supposed to kill that, and are they being buffed by soemthing as I do barely any damage to the knights, I just get wrecked over and over again! Any advice warmly welcomed please!

 


It’s definitely possible to lure him away from the other goons.

 

As always, if something is just too hard it’s usually a sigh that you’re under levelled* so sometimes the best advice is to leave it and go off and do other things.  I found that one relatively as I was decently levelled with some good stats and there’s a non optional boss before him that is way harder.

 

 

*

Spoiler

Or need to git gud

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bloodborne had the best lore of the series and you could piece together roughly what was going on with enough time investment and secret hunting. But even then it wasnt until the last third of the game that things started to fall into place, as with these games you're slowly putting together a jigsaw of plot pieces. It really encourages finding everything, but that can be a problem when some lore critical hints are hidden behind optional or obscure encounters, and even random loot drops from enemies. I do like the lore in this so far though, Ive been tracking it on my PS5 by screenshotting item descriptions and scenes of interest, and recording video of lore conversations as its usually nonsense until you listen again with the right context.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Further to my previous post above - and definitely more so than other souls games because of the open world and staggering amount of choice available to you - the what I rather coarsely refer to as the ‘Oi, Cunt. Remember me? Meta’ is king in this game.
 

The satisfaction of going back and absolutely WRECKING the enemies who previously chewed you up and shit you out once you’re levelled up is hugely satisfying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Strafe said:


It’s definitely possible to lure him away from the other goons.

 

As always, if something is just too hard it’s usually a sigh that you’re under levelled* so sometimes the best advice is to leave it and go off and do other things.  I found that one relatively as I was decently levelled with some good stats and there’s a non optional boss before him that is way harder.

 

 

*

  Hide contents

Or need to git gud

 

 

I can't be underlevelled I'm almost 150, I have 60 dex and a +10 Nagikaba, I just wasn't using effective weapon arts it seems like you really need to abuse them and/or incantations which I don't have. I don't think straight up melee solo is possible for that section, the tree gives you rot really quickly, the knights are super buffed in fact I think that whole level has been designed for coop considering how hard it is. It's a real step up from everything that's come before. I'm thinking about respeccing now, turn my dex build into the meme blood arcane build.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, robdood said:

If you're not generally finding them in the area you're exploring you don't NEED them, yet.  Unless you're finding 7s/8s instead..!  In which case try somewhere else :)

 


I find this to be notoriously not the case. I was running around with smithing stones higher than the ones I needed for tens of hours more than twice, and I’ve followed the basic path of area levels. It’s been annoying. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I recall some time ago some asked me for a citation needed on being able to parry bosses, and how you need to do it more than once to get the crit. This vid shows it. 

 

It also taught me something, that you can hold block and still parry, which lessens the risk of it going wrong. Neat. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Minion said:

 

I can't be underlevelled I'm almost 150, I have 60 dex and a +10 Nagikaba, I just wasn't using effective weapon arts it seems like you really need to abuse them and/or incantations which I don't have. I don't think straight up melee solo is possible for that section, the tree gives you rot really quickly, the knights are super buffed in fact I think that whole level has been designed for coop considering how hard it is. It's a real step up from everything that's come before. I'm thinking about respeccing now, turn my dex build into the meme blood arcane build.


Ah, sorry, I was mixed up with a tree spirit in the capital, I’m not there yet. Something to look forward to, I guess lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Strafe said:


Ah, sorry, I was mixed up with a tree spirit in the capital, I’m not there yet. Something to look forward to, I guess lol

 

 

Ahh, enjoy! Yeah I killed that one first go.... I'm sure in a year I'll be able to destroy everything in my path but right now this last level (assuming it is) is ridiculously tough compared to everything else From have put out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, robdood said:

A question re Redmane castle. 

 

  Hide contents

Am I missing something with the locked doors?  I've beaten Radahn, I've walked all around the place, but there are a bunch of doors I can't even interact with, some with pickups behind.  Do I need to keep looking or is it a 'come back later' thing?

 

 

Spoiler

I went back last night and completed the area. The place was full and all the previous doors were open.

 

I have finished Seluvis' quest though so I'm not sure if that triggered it

 

Spoiler

A certain person from the Castle is involved in the quest

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.