IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes

Broker

4 minutes ago, imp said:

Oh boy do I have the incantation for you! Gets rid of rot for a mere 14FP, and only requires 12 FTH!

It is called:

Reveal hidden contents

Flame, Cleanse Me

And can be found in

Hide contents

Liurnia...

Hide contents

Southeast of the Church of Vows...

Hide contents

In a fire monk camp.

That's a great tip, cheers! I already have it, in fact. I'm so focused on spamming lighting bolts at everything that I don't even really think about the other incantations I have. Onwards!

9 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Surprised you didn’t come here to tell us the game was broken :lol:

Nope. Incidentally I’ve now got upwards of 20 clips of random R2 attacks coming out while I’m not pressing it, previously queuing it, or even touching the pad. Usually after I’ve started turning to move. Both of my dualsense pads. Happens with 3 different Katanas. Doesn’t seem to happen on PC version. Haven’t tested PC version with dualsense yet but that’s next on my list. 

The twenties?? I’ve got 50 vigor and feel like I’d like atleast another 10. Did prove enough to one shot the fire giant and commander Niall though. The ludicrous damage I get pairing eleonora's pole blade and the godskin peeler with bloody slash on it is helping a lot. Unless things are immune to bleed, then it all goes downhill very quickly.

Finally beat Alecto too.

Spoiler

Pinned him into a corner and didn’t let him out. I’ve no shame though, he deserved it.

1 hour ago, Moz said:

Nope. Incidentally I’ve now got upwards of 20 clips of random R2 attacks coming out while I’m not pressing it, previously queuing it, or even touching the pad. Usually after I’ve started turning to move. Both of my dualsense pads. Happens with 3 different Katanas. Doesn’t seem to happen on PC version. Haven’t tested PC version with dualsense yet but that’s next on my list. 

Theres nothing wrong with the game. In 90 hours of play, I’ve never seen that happen, ever also 2x pads on PS5. Also no one else has reported that here or anywhere else as if it would be true, the Twitter detectives would of immediately identified it. 

You might have some weird Bluetooth interference in your house. 

2 hours ago, imp said:

Oh boy do I have the incantation for you! Gets rid of rot for a mere 14FP, and only requires 12 FTH!

It is called:

Hide contents

Flame, Cleanse Me

And can be found in

Reveal hidden contents

Liurnia...

Reveal hidden contents

Southeast of the Church of Vows...

Reveal hidden contents

In a fire monk camp.

I love that handy little spell. It’s been a nice intro into using the spell casting when my build has been melee based. 

5 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

Mad attention to detail in this game

- Fire spells do less damage in the rain

- Lightning spells do more damage in the rain 

- You leave different footprints on sand/mud etc if you’re wearing/not wearing shoes

- There are no Stakes of Marika near Rennala because her husband, Radagon, left her for Marika 

Hide contents

Which is weird since, technically, Radagon IS Marika…

- Metal weapons make sparks when hitting stone, wood weapons don’t

- Torrent ducks when you use spells on horseback 

- Some merchants play a tune from Bloodborne on their instruments (The First Hunter theme) 

I fucking love these, especially this one!! 

8 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Cheers @df0. I'm a pure faith build, chucking lightning spells and stoving in heads with my sacred mace. Mostly, I've been using Latenna (is that her name? The archer woman) and the Redmane Knight summon (Olga?). I've got both of those up to level 6, so I might get them to 9 and then save the +10 flower for once I've found the mimic.

I really enjoyed watching these

It’s helped me decide to have some fun with the shield guys. 

21 hours ago, cassidy said:

I had to turn it off today bouncing off that Fire Giant even though I've nailed 70% of the fight. Every time I get killed I don't think it's my fault.   I shall have to take a break I think. 

I’m about to attempt him. Taking tips from the zero damage run guy. 

May I ask what build and level you’re going in with?

3 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

I’m about to attempt him. Taking tips from the zero damage run guy. 

May I ask what build and level you’re going in with?

Str/vit/end and about 104-105 I think. 

Dual wielding and using mimic tear, havent played it at all today cos I'm annoyed at the game still. 

26 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

I fucking love these, especially this one!! 

I like to imagine him/her becoming increasingly irate. 

First time you cast a spell: “woah, easy there! Nearly singed my ears!”

1 millionth spell: “FOR FUCK SAKE! YOU DO THAT AGAIN AND I WILL DESPAWN AND DROP YOU OFF A GODDAMN CLIFF!”

8 hours ago, Parappa said:

Yeah its all part of the learning.  Also try mapping your potions to the shortcuts.  I have both of mine mapped with the horse whistle and a summon and it seems to work well. 

I managed to map the horse whistle and wondered whether I should map the potions, too. Ta.

Summon, you say? Something to look forward to...

3 hours ago, Moz said:

Cant wait to see those.

1 hour ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Theres nothing wrong with the game. In 90 hours of play, I’ve never seen that happen, ever also 2x pads on PS5. Also no one else has reported that here or anywhere else as if it would be true, the Twitter detectives would of immediately identified it. 

You might have some weird Bluetooth interference in your house. 

That's what I'm wondering.

My top Mimic Tear Tip - equip the Shabriri's Woe Talisman (Constantly attracts enemies' aggression) when you summon it, then take it off and replace with your normal Talisman as soon as the Mimic appears. All enemies including bosses will be attracted to the Mimic and mostly ignore you, so you can wail on their legs and buttocks like the pathetic Tarnished that you are. Great if you use a tanky Mimic with high damage output.

Godskin Noble is driving me mad. Not because it seems insurmountable but because the lock-on keeps breaking at crucial moments. Not had this problem with any other bosses so far but it seems to struggle with this one, especially when the boss is behind a pillar. Infuriating when you're really close to winning and you die cos the lock-on breaks and you end up guarding the wrong way.

And done. Fucking amazing from start to finish. Last boss a little sour but other that that best game I've ever played. 

I absolutely wrecked the last boss by somehow parrying one of his spells with Carian Retaliation... I was actually trying to cheese him.

Man everything is gonna feel rubbish after this.

31 minutes ago, El Spatula said:

And done. Fucking amazing from start to finish. Last boss a little sour but other that that best game I've ever played. 

I absolutely wrecked the last boss by somehow parrying one of his spells with Carian Retaliation... I was actually trying to cheese him.

Man everything is gonna feel rubbish after this.

Do what I’ve done, and go play Dark Souls 1-3! They’re still good! 

1 hour ago, Majora said:

Godskin Noble is driving me mad. Not because it seems insurmountable but because the lock-on keeps breaking at crucial moments. Not had this problem with any other bosses so far but it seems to struggle with this one, especially when the boss is behind a pillar. Infuriating when you're really close to winning and you die cos the lock-on breaks and you end up guarding the wrong way.

You're going to love a certain boss at a certain windy area. This is totally not a thing that was an issue since Dark 1 and FROM totally did not have time to fix this at all 😒

Watching this after finishing the game is so cool. You can see all the main characters and context is what is happening even in June 2019!

Finally up to what I presume is the final boss. Finding it a chore now, and really just want to finish it so I can put it to rest and move onto something else!

I load it up, have 2-3 tries at the boss then turn it off again frustrated. Got it to about 30% on 2nd phase so sure it'll happen at some point...

Beautiful art direction as mentioned loads of times already, but lacks joy. It's such a depressing game. And at over 100 hours in I have no idea what's really going on story wise. Ultimately worth it for the experience, but doubt i'll be replaying anytime soon.

My last session I got to the Altus place, I had a roam around then found im in the capital ? Is that right? Seems a bit sudden.

So i backtracked and then suddenly unlocked a load of stuff 

Spoiler

Killed a dragon got the glinstone key, went to raya lucaria

was buzzing, its just so satisfying when its flows like that. As people have saiid just exploring is what progresses you. Its very well done.

But then I ended up on a massive mission across some roof tops and died and it was just so disheartening. Ages spent being really careful and then some twat with a fire cross bow somehow kills me and its such a long way to get back there I just cant be bothered.

The highs and lows of From games I guess.

25 minutes ago, df0 said:

You're going to love a certain boss at a certain windy area.

Since beating this boss earlier today, I have been doing my bit as a good citizen of the Lands Between, helping many others also beat this one.  I was getting pretty low on rune arcs!  And the runes came in super handy for doing multiple weapon upgrades, thanks to the new bell bearings.

Am a bit of a dab hand against this boss now!  I like using sleep then bleed  😴 🩸 😈

1 hour ago, Doctor Shark said:

Do what I’ve done, and go play Dark Souls 1-3! They’re still good! 

I'm tempted to play DS3, it's my least played one. It rubbed me the wrong way due to favouring strength builds greatly. I don't do strength. 

Oddly DS2 is my most played....

On 28/02/2022 at 16:55, Ste Pickford said:

However, the game it's reminding me most of is Tir Na Nog on the Spectrum.  I think someone else mentioned this upthread.  I'm feeling the same kind of fear and mystery even as I wander around quite empty areas as I did in that game.

Fuck! Yes! This.