IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes

Broker

38 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Jeez, Juno Hoslow, Knight of Blood is an awful person.

He caused me a bit of grief, in the end I got him by doing loads of jumping attacks.

7 minutes ago, Blunted said:

He caused me a bit of grief, in the end I got him by doing loads of jumping attacks.

I think that was my original strategy but when I go back that way I'll try harder...

And platinumed, one of only 4 games I've bothered to do this. With only Persona 5 requiring similar effort.

I was bricking it incase I had screwed up something again and would have to play through it for the third time....which I will probably do anyway.

NG+ was easy, admittedly I entered it at 170ish and gained another 30 levels during the play through. I wish you could respec at roundtable hold in Ng+ I had fancied trying a melee build but didn't want to arse up my save if I couldn't get on with it and then be unable to beat the boss that opens up respeccing. So stayed as a caster and it took around 10 hours to do the run as I had to do the blue ladies quest line again.

On 01/03/2022 at 16:56, robdood said:

Come on then, what's people's best-voted messages?  Someone had a really good one earlier in the thread who was it?  Hundreds of upvotes.  You bastard. 

My two best are 'Don't give up, skeleton' in front of a skeleton corpse in one of the crypts with about 100-and something, and a simple, "behold - door!" in front of a boss door, also in one of the crypts, with about 60-something. 

I've also put some actual helpful ones (e.g. "ladder - left" for sneaky ladders etc) which get a good amount of upvotes while I'm pootling about online. 

My "Seek Pickle" one on PC right on the first day under the pot by the door next to the training area got well into the thousands before it was overwritten. I now fully lay claim to the endless "found pickle!" and "still no pickle" meme messages I've been seeing throughout the game over the last month as being the results of my handiwork.

Got to the LoR boss.

Spoiler

Astel the something something. Anyway, pretty cool design, but he ded. Fuckers just cannot deal with repeated lightning bolts to the face.

I can't seem to proceed any further without a 'Ring of oath', however...

The bit with the bears in the woods could have been lifted straight out of world of warcraft.

Never before in a from software game have I achieved so much in every 2-3 hour jaunt. Kill a dragon, do a cave , find some bonfires, level up, go back and kill the tree sentinel. Just LOADS OF STUFF TO DO. All awesome.

love this game

I've played this game over 50 hours.  I love it.  I hate it.  I'm not sure I want that from a game.  Just beaten Godrick and I've no idea where to go now.  All that time to get that far.  There's more to life.  Fair play to you that are heavily invested in the From type of gaming. I've tried.  It's not for me.

2 hours ago, Uzi said:

Watching this after finishing the game is so cool. You can see all the main characters and context is what is happening even in June 2019!

Just seen the TV ad. And after playing it for 50 hours it gave me proper chills. 

3 minutes ago, nightwaxon said:

I've played this game over 50 hours.  I love it.  I hate it.  I'm not sure I want that from a game.  Just beaten Godrick and I've no idea where to go now.  All that time to get that far.  There's more to life.  Fair play to you that are heavily invested in the From type of gaming. I've tried.  It's not for me.

Shame. But I get your point . Any other game for generations I'm done with after 40 hours max. This however is different gravy.

Completed a few more steps along Ranni's questline...

Spoiler

Delivered her the knife you find in Nokron (picking up the Mimic ashes along the way, at last) and collected the inverted statue.

Used it. Fantastic.

Killed Twatraptor Miriam for the second time and travelled to the top (or should that be bottom?). Took out the Godskin Noble (wanker) and collected the Cursemark.

Back to Ranni's tower, then the other tower, then warped back to Ainsel River. Found the doll. Spoke to it. Fast travelled to the Baleful Shadow boss and zapped it from a distance while checking my phone (I wondered why there were so many bloodstains here the first time through).

Got the key. Warped to the library. Got the ring. Warped back to the place where I fought the alien dragonfly boss to find the way no longer barred.

Took the lift up, and up and up and up, and then...

Spoiler

2081430603_robert-redford-nod(1).gif.42ff455176c92a7f1d78fd4455ffbbab.gif

Man alive.

Only problem is that I appear to have mislaid 

Spoiler

Blaidd.

Last I saw him was when he helped me take out Redahn I thought he said he would meet me in Nokron but I couldn't find him. Is he somewhere obvious?

Question about the endgame.

So, I’ve been through Crumbling Farum Azula and beaten the boss there.

Now I’m 

Spoiler

back in Leyndell, but it’s ass-deep in erdtree ash. I’ve been wandering about, not sure what to do. Beat one easy boss, then noped out of a wandering Gargoyle fight (no mimic no fight).

I explored the deep underground stuff, Shunning something, found some lobsters, and a confusing catacomb which I never found last time I was here, and some stupidly easy priest boss.

Now I’ve somehow got back to the Queen’s bedchamber grace and found Godfrey. Who is, for now, kicking my arse. I’m SL120 with about 50 VIG, hopefully enough.

So, is this the boss-rush home stretch past him? Did I miss any other big subareas in the main area?

So, having shrugged off defeats, deaths by platforming, difficult boss fights, long meanders through dungeons into death with good humour; I finally found my rage quit point 45 hours in. 

Sodding Preceptor Miriam. Dealt with her without dying even once on first encounter — just raced past the normal enemies, diving through her attacks and wailing on her until she retreated, repeat until dead. But inverted Miriam, sitting in the middle with Annoying Hands and Spellthrowing Shield Fella can get to fuck. They absolutely demolish me, over and over. I thought I'd try ranged battle, but my crappy shortbow doesn't reach and I'm extremely not a caster. For the first time I'm tempted to respec just to deal with her, as melee just isn't a fun time here.

In the end I just turned off in anger and decided to relive my mid-teens and watch animated Souls instead.

30 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Question about the endgame.

So, I’ve been through Crumbling Farum Azula and beaten the boss there.

Now I’m 

Hide contents

back in Leyndell, but it’s ass-deep in erdtree ash. I’ve been wandering about, not sure what to do. Beat one easy boss, then noped out of a wandering Gargoyle fight (no mimic no fight).

I explored the deep underground stuff, Shunning something, found some lobsters, and a confusing catacomb which I never found last time I was here, and some stupidly easy priest boss.

Now I’ve somehow got back to the Queen’s bedchamber grace and found Godfrey. Who is, for now, kicking my arse. I’m SL120 with about 50 VIG, hopefully enough.

So, is this the boss-rush home stretch past him? Did I miss any other big subareas in the main area?

Spoiler

Last bosses are where you fought morgott and where the erdtree thorns blocked you -  just keep going in Leyndell captial so yes past godfrey

15 minutes ago, Wiper said:

So, having shrugged off defeats, deaths by platforming, difficult boss fights, long meanders through dungeons into death with good humour; I finally found my rage quit point 45 hours in. 

Sodding Preceptor Miriam. Dealt with her without dying even once on first encounter — just raced past the normal enemies, diving through her attacks and wailing on her until she retreated, repeat until dead. But inverted Miriam, sitting in the middle with Annoying Hands and Spellthrowing Shield Fella can get to fuck. They absolutely demolish me, over and over. I thought I'd try ranged battle, but my crappy shortbow doesn't reach and I'm extremely not a caster. For the first time I'm tempted to respec just to deal with her, as melee just isn't a fun time here.

In the end I just turned off in anger and decided to relive my mid-teens and watch animated Souls instead.

I laughed in her face using

Spoiler

Crazy Superman railgun eyes. Get rekt biatch!

15 minutes ago, Benny said:

I laughed in her face using

Hide contents

Crazy Superman railgun eyes. Get rekt biatch!

The range on that thing is nuts. OP as fuck for sniping.

It takes about 18 minutes to load on the Xbone (well not quite, but it isn't great!). 

Did the manor last night, after my earlier nope at seeing the main enemies it turned to to be pretty easy. Those big hand things are a pain but got through ok, boss was done in one as well. Found a nice sword I've others talk about but my stats for faith are nowhere near...hmmn to respec or not. 

The three sisters area. Does performance tank for anybody else? It dropped to about 2fps unless I looked at the floor. Xbone version. Seemed to be at a specific point looking at the middle tower from the first one. 

Question: do dragons normally fly off at 50% health? Is that because I'm too slow?

4 minutes ago, PeteJ said:

Question: do dragons normally fly off at 50% health? Is that because I'm too slow?

That one always buggers off early, most don't.

11 hours ago, Padaxes said:

My last session I got to the Altus place, I had a roam around then found im in the capital ? Is that right? Seems a bit sudden.

So i backtracked and then suddenly unlocked a load of stuff 

Reveal hidden contents

Killed a dragon got the glinstone key, went to raya lucaria

was buzzing, its just so satisfying when its flows like that. As people have saiid just exploring is what progresses you. Its very well done.

But then I ended up on a massive mission across some roof tops and died and it was just so disheartening. Ages spent being really careful and then some twat with a fire cross bow somehow kills me and its such a long way to get back there I just cant be bothered.

The highs and lows of From games I guess.

There's a ladder just before that bastard which can be kicked down to create a shortcut, if you try it again.

As a strength melee build I've been using the special crossbow (crebus?) For ranged battles and whomped Miriam with it. And a giant greatshield for everything else. Killed Juno yesterday with a dozen guard counters.

Spoiler

PXL_20220403_084501820.thumb.jpg.85405c067a5beeaee6a953b9e82073b6.jpg

My map so far . Don't really know where to go or to go exploring parts I have been to as I feel I have missed loads. This game is going to take me the rest of the year to finish.

46 minutes ago, therearerules said:

There's a ladder just before that bastard which can be kicked down to create a shortcut, if you try it again.

As a strength melee build I've been using the special crossbow (crebus?) For ranged battles and whomped Miriam with it. And a giant greatshield for everything else. Killed Juno yesterday with a dozen guard counters.

Interesting thanks. Ive never done a gaurd counter or a parry mind you. Im a dual weilding STR build mainly.

I did change from sword to pike for an enemy for the first time yesterday and was amazed at the difference, suddenly I was stunlocking them and murdered them super fast!