Jump to content
IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes


Broker
 Share

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Rayn said:

 

Yeah, I've been there by riding a coffin down a waterfall. I'm pretty sure the well I've heard talk about just got you down to an isolated cave. 

 

That's not the subterranean shunning grounds I don't think. The only well I can remember is in the capital and leads you into the sewers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rayn said:

 

Yeah, I've been there by riding a coffin down a waterfall. I'm pretty sure the well I've heard talk about just got you down to an isolated cave. 

 

There's one in Bloodborne that does that. There's a couple of bastard shark men in there that wreck you up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Amazing that the access to such a huge and significant area is so obscure. And it just keeps going, and going. I found it by accident by jumping down as a last resort, running away from a knight blasting me with lightning. Proper Souls-y level design, shortcuts, amazing NPC quests, incredible boss fight and a dank oppressive atmosphere that you can almost taste. All hidden and optional. Madness.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rayn said:

I've been playing the game for about 120 hours now, I've nearly rinsed NG+ (stuck on Malenia) but I just remembered that I used to hear talk about a well that can be entered which has a creepy boss. I've been under the impression that I'd explored the entire map thouroughly but I've yet to come across a well that I can enter. So, if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be thankful. 

 

Down the well in the Capital.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

A couple more pages of the journal. I've made it to Stormveil Castle on paper.  I'm exploring the Capital in my actual game.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

 

This is really beautiful, your artwork would be amazing as the loading screens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

A couple more pages of the journal. I've made it to Stormveil Castle on paper.  I'm exploring the Capital in my actual game.

 

  Hide contents

 

 

 

By jobe that is incredible!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Amazing that the access to such a huge and significant area is so obscure. And it just keeps going, and going. I found it by accident by jumping down as a last resort, running away from a knight blasting me with lightning. Proper Souls-y level design, shortcuts, amazing NPC quests, incredible boss fight and a dank oppressive atmosphere that you can almost taste. All hidden and optional. Madness.

 

It becomes obvious once you beat Maliketh, a hole appears in the capital I guess that's their way of ensuring it's not missed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm somehow still playing this, over 100 hours in now and level 96. Still find it annoying from time to time, last night I rage quit because I was running around with 46K runes and somehow a insanely difficult boss fight (big giant in the snow) kicked in out of nowhere (no yellow doors) and I was trapped in with invisible walls. I died, tried finding the runes again (why can't you see rune location when in battle?) but couldn't and died again. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fuck me, does this game ever end? I’d pushed on into the capital, but felt a bit underpowered, so went back and did Radahn, which opened up Nokron! The view from up there looking over the Siofra river area I’d done earlier is amazing. The way From design levels is so far ahead of anyone else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fuck the Godskin Duo,.. I killed both the gargoyles, found the darkroot depths, killed all the pals and gave the cuddle woman something I didn’t even know I had. Explored elsewhere but I just want to get the game done now. But these two are just pissing me off. Much much much worse than Smough and Ornstein. Much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, scottcr said:

Fuck the Godskin Duo,.. I killed both the gargoyles, found the darkroot depths, killed all the pals and gave the cuddle woman something I didn’t even know I had. Explored elsewhere but I just want to get the game done now. But these two are just pissing me off. Much much much worse than Smough and Ornstein. Much.

 

Here's a hint in "player message" form:

 

Spoiler

try sleep

 

Or, more explicitly:

 

Spoiler

Craft sleep pots. Send one of the duo to sleep. Fight the other one until it dies. Wake the sleeping one up and fight it - or, if it brings back its buddy, send it to sleep again. The "health bar" is more like a set amount of damage you need to dish out, and so it doesn't matter who your attacks are focused on.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've made some more progress. Castle Sol done, another area I wouldn't rate highly on Trip Advisor but glad I visited. If I've missed any items I won't be returning to get them. 

 

Finished a few catacombs I'd struggled with previously. Killing bosses on the first attempt is always good. 

 

Got rivers of blood; the people's sword.  Don't have enough arcane by ten. Temping to pile in the upgrades but my current weapon is working too. Hmm..

 

Done lots of quest progress by jumping around the map a lot to talk to everybody. Also some use of guides. No chance I'd have processed some on my own.

 

Got some items to level serious weapons to 10 that it turns out I could have done ages ago. Oh well always nice to have more special stones. 

 

Started exploring the snow field, ran around. Found a village, got killed by my most single most hated enemy in any souls game, and decided that'll do for tonight. 

 

Progress!

 

I feel like I'm closing in on the end. I have very mixed feelings about this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Amazing that the access to such a huge and significant area is so obscure. And it just keeps going, and going. I found it by accident by jumping down as a last resort, running away from a knight blasting me with lightning. Proper Souls-y level design, shortcuts, amazing NPC quests, incredible boss fight and a dank oppressive atmosphere that you can almost taste. All hidden and optional. Madness.

I particularly liked that although it's hidden it's also hinted at just enough that you might go looking for it. First an NPC mentions the sewer under the capital. Then in the initial sewer area you pass through you see an item you can't reach behind iron bars, so you know there has to be more to find. That was enough to get me exploring the area more carefully until I found the well. Very clever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Capwn said:

I'm somehow still playing this, over 100 hours in now and level 96. Still find it annoying from time to time, last night I rage quit because I was running around with 46K runes and somehow a insanely difficult boss fight (big giant in the snow) kicked in out of nowhere (no yellow doors) and I was trapped in with invisible walls. I died, tried finding the runes again (why can't you see rune location when in battle?) but couldn't and died again. 

 

 

 

I was thinking that you might be under-levelled for that area, but the wiki reckons 100-120 is acceptable (I think I was possibly around 120 when I started the area) so eh.

 

Remember to always be suspicious of wide open areas with no other enemies in them, although usually you can run away from the field bosses. I guess that one boxes you in because it's a story-related boss?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, scottcr said:

Fuck the Godskin Duo,.. I killed both the gargoyles, found the darkroot depths, killed all the pals and gave the cuddle woman something I didn’t even know I had. Explored elsewhere but I just want to get the game done now. But these two are just pissing me off. Much much much worse than Smough and Ornstein. Much.

 

I "finessed" them to the afterlife together with my Mimic. One of the easier bosses in my experience.

 

Also you then have the Across the Roots grace unlocked in DD. You can easily kill all six firebreathing statues (or whatever they are) without much risk and farm about 20k with each cycle starting from that grace and moving down the roots on Torrent. Real nice if you need to top up half a level worth of Runes and the like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cyhwuhx said:

 

I "finessed" them to the afterlife together with my Mimic. One of the easier bosses in my experience.

 

Also you then have the Across the Roots grace unlocked in DD. You can easily kill all six firebreathing statues (or whatever they are) without much risk and farm about 20k with each cycle starting from that grace and moving down the roots on Torrent. Real nice if you need to top up half a level worth of Runes and the like.

 

yeah - I'm at level 180, I've got rivers of blood and moonlight or whatever it is.  I've got them down pretty low, but just getting beaten.  I haven't spent that much time on them, I think I'm just losing the will tbh.  I think the game has been great, but I honestly thing it's too big.  For me at least, it's over stayed its welcome and my tolerance for bullshite has almost evaporated to the point where I get to a boss now and just sigh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, scottcr said:

 

yeah - I'm at level 180, I've got rivers of blood and moonlight or whatever it is.  I've got them down pretty low, but just getting beaten.  I haven't spent that much time on them, I think I'm just losing the will tbh.  I think the game has been great, but I honestly thing it's too big.  For me at least, it's over stayed its welcome and my tolerance for bullshite has almost evaporated to the point where I get to a boss now and just sigh.

 

Pop a Rune Shard. That usually helps if things are just out of reach.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, scottcr said:

 

yeah - I'm at level 180, I've got rivers of blood and moonlight or whatever it is.  I've got them down pretty low, but just getting beaten.  I haven't spent that much time on them, I think I'm just losing the will tbh.  I think the game has been great, but I honestly thing it's too big.  For me at least, it's over stayed its welcome and my tolerance for bullshite has almost evaporated to the point where I get to a boss now and just sigh.

 

level 180?!?

 

I'm level 166 on NG+ and I can mash every boss solo with ease! 

The godskin duo aren't even a problem the first time round at a much lower level. 
Are you not using any summon's or anything? There's two of them, why not have a pal? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I use my mimic - he's at +8, I've not got what I need to make him stronger - but he doesn't last very long.  I tried summoning hoomanz to no avail.  Like Fire Giant, I don't find them particularly fun to fight against.  There's been a lot of bosses in the game that have been fun encounters.  These are just annoying spammy things and, tbh, placing them here seems a bit cheap.

 

I'm not a particularly good gamer, although I did manage to beat Metroid Dread.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, scottcr said:

I use my mimic - he's at +8, I've not got what I need to make him stronger - but he doesn't last very long.  I tried summoning hoomanz to no avail.  Like Fire Giant, I don't find them particularly fun to fight against.  There's been a lot of bosses in the game that have been fun encounters.  These are just annoying spammy things and, tbh, placing them here seems a bit cheap.

 

I'm not a particularly good gamer, although I did manage to beat Metroid Dread.  

 

Why are you still playing this game?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@scottcr I am going to echo what other people said, Sleep. You can carry 5 pots max, and one direct pot hit is enough to make one sleep. So divide the two, put one to sleep, defeat the other. Rinse repeat. Also, NO summons as they can mess up the sleep.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, df0 said:

@scottcr I am going to echo what other people said, Sleep. You can carry 5 pots max, and one direct pot hit is enough to make one sleep. So divide the two, put one to sleep, defeat the other. Rinse repeat. Also, NO summons as they can mess up the sleep.

 

yeah- I'm going to give that a try today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.