Jump to content

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes


Broker
 Share

Recommended Posts

Something happened which created an opening for me 😀 to proceed somewhere I could not before. I went down that direction thinking it would be a mini dungeon or something. I am probably 4 hours down that way and still have not found the end of the area. 
 

Spoiler

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Earlier today I was daydreaming about Elden ring and nearly came in here to joke that at this point I would not be surprised if the map turned upside down at some point ala symphony of the night. Then an npc  gave me…

Spoiler

… an upside down statue and I knew exactly where to go. I had marked a tower earlier which clearly required an item to unlock. I just did not expect the place to go upside down. It took me a moment to realise what the statue was doing as you can place it and remove it at will. This is just incredible. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/09/2022 at 14:17, rgraves said:

Tiche is a bit convoluted to get to - if you want to know:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

 

And mimic:

 

 

I stumbled upon mimic! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I kept waiting to see what ash you were going to summon in the gargoyles fight and you didn't even summon one. I feel a bit cheated. I always go maximum number of helpers on that fight. Bloody Gargoyles. If I could summon more than two I would do. I'd go full Radahn on them. Fairly play to you though, just D. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Alask said:

I kept waiting to see what ash you were going to summon in the gargoyles fight and you didn't even summon one. I feel a bit cheated. I always go maximum number of helpers on that fight. Bloody Gargoyles. If I could summon more than two I would do. I'd go full Radahn on them. Fairly play to you though, just D. 

 

 

 

honestly my confidence was really ignorance. I thought I got one summon per fight and did not even think to call in my bruv. it was after midnight again btw. also really that fight is decided in the first half. if you manage to get one down the other one is in dire trouble. my confidence was high when I saw the first one down. albeit shaken a bit when I realised his moveset was different. he has one flying attack I could not really figure out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Oz said:

So it only has that one use? 

Yeah, nobody else will want it.

 

Me I'd give it to her, then I'd talk to her more than you think seems reasonable and go away and come back a few times more than you'd think necessary. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

The lady who gives out free hugs in Round Table Hold, then later relocates to a new home deep, deep underground. 

My god. I had no idea she reappeared. 
 

 

hmmm, to wiki or not….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Anne Summers said:

The lady who gives out free hugs in Round Table Hold, then later relocates to a new home deep, deep underground. 

Lol I didn’t know it was the same lady! I need to pay more attention. At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if she turns into a lizard later. Or a hand. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got to capital. I am 102 hours in! The capital is making my head hurt. Seems endless. I found one shortcut which took me absolute ages. I was out of flasks by the time I found it. Better come back to this fresh tomorrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What's everyone's favourite faith spells? I have a faith based build but I'm mostly just using it for doing damage with my blasphemous blade and buffing. I tried a few spells but they are either a little underwhelming or way too elaborate with long wind up times. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love faith builds, there my stealth archer for Elden Ring. I can't help myself, everyone needs to at least have Flame, Cleanse me on their hotbar at all times and once you've spent 15 faith on that. Well, why not go 80 faith, or go faith/arcane or faith/strength and have all the  other goodies? My top incantations that I struggle to avoid re-using all the time are:

 

Frenzied Burst : the long range snipe spell. Essential for when you want to kill a Crucible Knight from the safety of a far away ledge.

 

Black Flame, Lightning Bolt or Stone of Gurranq for a easy to use and fairly quick ranged option for normal non-sniping range. Black Flame has the lovely % dot on it and I really like the ignition effect when you charge it. Lightning Bolt makes you Zeus and is very easy to hit with, Stone of Gurranq is a massive stone. A tough choice for a favourite.

 

The Flame of Frenzy for very good aoe damage in a pretty usable cone shape and it's available super early.

 

Ancient Dragons' Lightning Strike for (potentially) massive damage against extremely large targets. It's occasionally very very satisfying, but also often leaves you with the "I should have just used the Envoy's Long Horn or Black Flame Tornado for the same amount of damage and a lot more reliability."

 

Recently I've stopped using Dragon Rot breath spells at all, because once I buy them I can't help myself. It's there, always calling to me and telling me it can solve whatever boss related problem I am currently having and the worst thing is I know it's right.

 

Bonus call out to Discus of Light, which I recently learnt can be paired with the Erdtree Greatshield to throw out the discus, then wait for it to come back to you and then parry it with the shield to send out a massive bolt of holy damage. It's kind of satisfying to throw out discs of light, hit things going out, hit things coming back and then if you get the timing right hit things again for massive damage. It's a lot more forgiving timing wise than a usual parry too and feels a bit like playing pingpong with yourself. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Alask said:

I love faith builds, there my stealth archer for Elden Ring. I can't help myself, everyone needs to at least have Flame, Cleanse me on their hotbar at all times and once you've spent 15 faith on that. Well, why not go 80 faith, or go faith/arcane or faith/strength and have all the  other goodies? My top incantations that I struggle to avoid re-using all the time are:

 

Frenzied Burst : the long range snipe spell. Essential for when you want to kill a Crucible Knight from the safety of a far away ledge.

 

Black Flame, Lightning Bolt or Stone of Gurranq for a easy to use and fairly quick ranged option for normal non-sniping range. Black Flame has the lovely % dot on it and I really like the ignition effect when you charge it. Lightning Bolt makes you Zeus and is very easy to hit with, Stone of Gurranq is a massive stone. A tough choice for a favourite.

 

The Flame of Frenzy for very good aoe damage in a pretty usable cone shape and it's available super early.

 

Ancient Dragons' Lightning Strike for (potentially) massive damage against extremely large targets. It's occasionally very very satisfying, but also often leaves you with the "I should have just used the Envoy's Long Horn or Black Flame Tornado for the same amount of damage and a lot more reliability."

 

Recently I've stopped using Dragon Rot breath spells at all, because once I buy them I can't help myself. It's there, always calling to me and telling me it can solve whatever boss related problem I am currently having and the worst thing is I know it's right.

 

Bonus call out to Discus of Light, which I recently learnt can be paired with the Erdtree Greatshield to throw out the discus, then wait for it to come back to you and then parry it with the shield to send out a massive bolt of holy damage. It's kind of satisfying to throw out discs of light, hit things going out, hit things coming back and then if you get the timing right hit things again for massive damage. It's a lot more forgiving timing wise than a usual parry too and feels a bit like playing pingpong with yourself. 

 

 

image.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Alask said:

I love faith builds, there my stealth archer for Elden Ring. I can't help myself, everyone needs to at least have Flame, Cleanse me on their hotbar at all times and once you've spent 15 faith on that. Well, why not go 80 faith, or go faith/arcane or faith/strength and have all the  other goodies? My top incantations that I struggle to avoid re-using all the time are:

 

Frenzied Burst : the long range snipe spell. Essential for when you want to kill a Crucible Knight from the safety of a far away ledge.

 

Black Flame, Lightning Bolt or Stone of Gurranq for a easy to use and fairly quick ranged option for normal non-sniping range. Black Flame has the lovely % dot on it and I really like the ignition effect when you charge it. Lightning Bolt makes you Zeus and is very easy to hit with, Stone of Gurranq is a massive stone. A tough choice for a favourite.

 

The Flame of Frenzy for very good aoe damage in a pretty usable cone shape and it's available super early.

 

Ancient Dragons' Lightning Strike for (potentially) massive damage against extremely large targets. It's occasionally very very satisfying, but also often leaves you with the "I should have just used the Envoy's Long Horn or Black Flame Tornado for the same amount of damage and a lot more reliability."

 

Recently I've stopped using Dragon Rot breath spells at all, because once I buy them I can't help myself. It's there, always calling to me and telling me it can solve whatever boss related problem I am currently having and the worst thing is I know it's right.

 

Bonus call out to Discus of Light, which I recently learnt can be paired with the Erdtree Greatshield to throw out the discus, then wait for it to come back to you and then parry it with the shield to send out a massive bolt of holy damage. It's kind of satisfying to throw out discs of light, hit things going out, hit things coming back and then if you get the timing right hit things again for massive damage. It's a lot more forgiving timing wise than a usual parry too and feels a bit like playing pingpong with yourself. 

 

Thanks! I will experiment tonight :eyebrows:.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Alask said:

 

 

Bonus call out to Discus of Light, which I recently learnt can be paired with the Erdtree Greatshield to throw out the discus, then wait for it to come back to you and then parry it with the shield to send out a massive bolt of holy damage. It's kind of satisfying to throw out discs of light, hit things going out, hit things coming back and then if you get the timing right hit things again for massive damage. It's a lot more forgiving timing wise than a usual parry too and feels a bit like playing pingpong with yourself. 

 

Never knew this. Does it only work with that one shield?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, it's the Golden Retaliation ash of war which is unique to the Erdtree Greatshield so only works on that. The skill parries incoming incantations and sorceries retaliating with golden power. As the discus spells boomerang back at you, it means you can parry them and reflect a massive holy blast back from your own incantations. It's not super hard either, I can do it fairly reliably and I'm rubbish at parrying. Plus there's no real downside if you miss time the parry. Your own discus won't hurt you and you only use FP when you successfully parry.

 

Might get patched out at some point I guess as it's maybe not intended, but it's fun and while effective it's not overpowered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On my third run at final boss, as soon as you reach Lyendell the quality of everything plummets. Open world is almost gone completely, bosses are variations of "a ton of stuff everywhere that can one-shot you". What a complete slog this melee run is.

 

I think I am completely done with this whole SoulsBorne thing by From, my indifference has reached levels I thought were unique to Ubisoft games. Uninspired copy paste content, over and over. The upcoming game by From is going to suffer from the exact same issues as previous Souls' entries, guaranteed. It has yet to be unveiled and I've already played it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, df0 said:

On my third run at final boss, as soon as you reach Lyendell the quality of everything plummets. Open world is almost gone completely, bosses are variations of "a ton of stuff everywhere that can one-shot you". What a complete slog this melee run is.

 

The Capital is actually one of my favourite video game 'areas' in years and years. The visual design is a hard juxtaposition compared to the rest of the game and for the most part it leaves me with a sense of deep, strange uneasiness - that the ruling classes and those wealthy enough to actually live there lived strange and quite alien lives compared to the rest of the people. I think it's an absolutely spectacular piece of design and while I've not opened the game in a few months now, even just thinking about it gives me chills.

 

I'm not really sure what I want you to do with this information, obviously - your opinion is just as valid as mine. I guess I just felt the need to stick up for a section of the game I thought was just fabulous (dahling).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.