Elden Ring - chortlesome japes

Broker

MS, Sony and Valve should tell FROM to get the day one patches ready for the 18th and just put the digital versions out then. You’d sell loads more digital copies (presumably their goal anyway). Yes, it would likely piss off retailers who didn’t have their copies nearly two weeks early, but what would/could they do?

Let me dream a while...

On 12/02/2022 at 10:47, Number 28 said:

It was free for the PS3 games and it sticks in my craw that they ended it. I'm wondering if it's worth spending £6.99 for a month just to have the messages throughout the world and invasions/summons, but sometimes I think maybe it's better without. It can be ugly/distracting to see some of these online objects littering the landscape. Sekiro definitely didn't need the remnants.

Save yourself the money!

FROM games are definitely much better offline without all that atmosphere breaking clutter and noise that other players leave all over the shop.

19 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Save yourself the money!

FROM games are definitely much better offline without all that atmosphere breaking clutter and noise that other players leave all over the shop.

dont be daft, how else would you know there is a great ring down the well!?!

On 13/02/2022 at 01:24, Banjaxed said:

Anyone that’s going digital on Xbox the 6000 reward points for preorder has appeared so make sure to click it first to get £5 worth of points. 

Bah! I pre-ordered a few days ago and used £10 rewards credit I had built up. 

BUT I've noticed the money has not actually came out of my account yet and the rewards credit is still there for me to spend... Does this mean I can stop transaction and reorder for the cheeky 6000 points thingy?

22 minutes ago, Dave White said:

Hey no Elden for you until you finish DS.... 😘

100%…

I just noticed that that alternative Steelbook version was available in the UK if you had preordered on the Bandai/Namco store.

So my Amazon order was scheduled to arrive on Saturday but I've just been emailed news that it's eligible for release-day delivery. :wub: And it's the daft launch edition too.

I should have booked the day off. :P 

Not final fantasy in the way it’ll play at all.

I suspect everyone is hoping for Dark Souls x Botw. 

47 minutes ago, denisb said:

Just watched the trailer but it doesn’t really show how it plays 

I like Zelda style rpg final fantasy style not at all  what’s this like ?

Watch the official gameplay preview from a few months back:

Edit:  ok, maybe more Dark Souls x Open World. @SuperCapes

3 minutes ago, SuperCapes said:

@geldra no no I am sure you are on the money :) I think most people are wanting it to be X BOTW! I am just not one of them ha! If it is like BOTW, I am sure most people will be delighted. 

I think my use of BOTW is probably pretty lazy. I expect/hope that at the absolute minimum this will be a From game through and through in terms of what your hopes are in the above post. 

(I’ll find out in a decade or so)

1 hour ago, geldra said:

I suspect everyone is hoping for Dark Souls x Botw. 

32 minutes ago, SuperCapes said:

Without trying to sound controversial, I hope it is nothing like BOTW. 

Without trying to sound controversial, I hope it's not too much like Souls.

I'm kidding, of course. I just think the "IT'S <blank> SOULS!" line gets rolled out so much that it's a useless generalisation now. And the beta already gave the impression of something that could be judged on its own merits. Yes, it borrows a lot of elements from those games, but seemingly recontextualises things just enough.

I just hope it has me intrigued throughout! I am overhyping it though, now that I have finished Sifu there is just nothing else I want to play until next Friday. Absolute first world problem. I have endless shit to play, just struck by choice paralysis/thinking nothing will compare or make the hours go quicker. 

Aye, I am a big child! 

I’m still undecided if I should get this or not. I’ve tried both Demon Souls and Bloodborne years ago, and not lasted long at all before trading them back in. However over the last year I’ve played and finished a number of pretty hard games. If we took Returnal as an example, how do we think the difficulty level in Elden Ring might compare? 

I kind of want to be there day 1 and hoping this might be the souls game I finally click with. 

2 minutes ago, Hawklord said:

My missus messaged me today asking if I could get next Friday off as she has holidays to use up. Checked my work calendar and said to her, no need, I've already got that day booked off, so yes we can go through to Edinburgh for the day...:facepalm:

You could get hold of a positive covid test in time for next Friday, and self-isolate?