IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes

Broker

Just now, earlymodernsteve said:

Got a lovely surprise tube from Bandai today... Presume it's connected to being on the preview list but a massive limited edition poster is now mine :) no 8 of 250 apparently. Will take a picture when I've cleared space to roll it out properly. 

Oh man that sounds awesome!

If you click on the time till release option after pre-ordering on PS5, you can choose to auto-download, which will start on the 23rd.

You can also choose to auto download the PS4 version along with something called the Elden Ring Adventure Guide, which is PS4 only. Any idea what that is?

2 hours ago, Minion said:

I think it's an adventure guide dude.

Ya don’t say! Wondering what it consists of, as it’s a separate download to the games and it’s showing as PS4 only.

Edit - Apparently It’s a pre-order bonus that contains extra information on the Lands Between. Most likely some digital tat then. 

18 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

I think all platforms get the adventure guide thing? Going here and expanding the details suggests so.

Yeah, I’d assume it comes with all digital pre-orders. It shows as a PS4 download on PS5, which is what I was referring to.

Argh. My turn for 'things to go wrong just in time for Elden Ring'. 

My PC has started just shutting itself off for no good reason.  Yay!  No idea what's causing it.  Seems to only happen when connected to TV in living room, which is mad weird. 

9 hours ago, robdood said:

Argh. My turn for 'things to go wrong just in time for Elden Ring'. 

My PC has started just shutting itself off for no good reason.  Yay!  No idea what's causing it.  Seems to only happen when connected to TV in living room, which is mad weird. 

The first thing I’d change there would be the HDMI cable even though I have no idea how a potentially dodgy cable might cause a PC to shut down.

47 minutes ago, Mike S said:

The first thing I’d change there would be the HDMI cable even though I have no idea how a potentially dodgy cable might cause a PC to shut down.

Yeah I'm thinking that too, tried HDMI in the office (usually DisplayPort) and no issues... It's not shutting down, more that it sort of just black screens  / hangs.. tested this by having music playing, when the black screen happens everything seems to stop, tho PC seems to still be on.  Have done a thorough purge last night and this morning of old installs and registry and startup processes etc. to be safe.  Fingers crossed all looks good, will try in living room again tonight with a different HDMI. 

1 hour ago, robdood said:

Yeah I'm thinking that too, tried HDMI in the office (usually DisplayPort) and no issues... It's not shutting down, more that it sort of just black screens  / hangs.. tested this by having music playing, when the black screen happens everything seems to stop, tho PC seems to still be on.  Have done a thorough purge last night and this morning of old installs and registry and startup processes etc. to be safe.  Fingers crossed all looks good, will try in living room again tonight with a different HDMI. 

I get occasional 'handshaking' type issues with my PC via HDMi which sees it unable to display anything on the TV but that is usually fixed by just siwthcnbing the TV on  and off so that they can say hello again.

Back on topic, LESS THAN A WEEK!

I've got my kids with me for the weekend next weekend.  We usually play some games together.  9yo been loving Hades recently. 

Think we're all going to be doing a new character together on Elden Ring though :D

8 hours ago, Steven said:

It's been reading your posts on here and is going all HAL on you.

"Install Elden Ring"

"I'm sorry, Rob. I can't do that"

"Open the fog gate doors, HAL."

Spoiler

Does Elden Ring have fog gates? If not you can pretend my pun was "Open the From game doors, HAL."

I've been trying so hard to convince myself I don't need to have this day one....but I really do NEED it :lol: Are there any good deals about for PS5? Cheapest I've seen is £47ish at simplygames, just wondering if it's cheaper elsewhere?

40 minutes ago, Zombait said:

I've been trying so hard to convince myself I don't need to have this day one....but I really do NEED it :lol: Are there any good deals about for PS5? Cheapest I've seen is £47ish at simplygames, just wondering if it's cheaper elsewhere?

I got it for £39.95 from Amazon as they had a £5 off when you spend over £10 thing going on. But they probably don’t anymore, standard price was £44.95.