IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes

Broker

3 minutes ago, geldra said:

Soooo, can I stick the PS5 disc in my PS5 and select to download the PS4 ver?  Or do I need the PS4 disc in the PS5 so I can download either?  

(this is a legit shitshow on Sony’s behalf.)

I don't think so, reading that you can only dl the PS4 version from the store if you went digital, so a PS5 disc won't give you the same option... 

Basically buy digital - get both versions, buy PS4 disc, free upgrade to PS5...

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

What are people going for, PlayStation, Xbox or PC?

I think I’m going PlayStation but I’ll wait for the comparisons etc. as I’ll be buying digital. 

PC for me.

Hovered over the PS5 version in case there might have been some haptic bonuses but, in the end, went with PC for the shinies.

Not that arsed about a video - I'm sure they can bang out a few tweets summing up the lay of the land if they want to. I'm sure they won't be the only ones weighing in either, given the anticipation for this.

Not had any notice of shipping from Simply Games (PS5). I've only ever pre-ordered a game once before this, anyone had experience of when I should expect delivery from them?

Almost tempted to double dip and get the cheap XSX version digitally instead to make sure I'll have it on Thu night

14 hours ago, watusi said:

I ordered 28th Jan and mine is still showing awaiting stock - PS5 launch edition

Hopefully yours has progressed now but, FYI, my order did indeed have a problem with the payment card, as I guessed.

Fortunately The Game Collection promptly sorted it out, cancelling my preorder and crediting me some reward points so I could reorder at the same price. This has also allowed me to switch to the PS5 version for the same price, rather than messing about with upgrades. Hopefully it'll head out today. (Edit: breaking news - now processing!)

In case it helps anyone in the future, the reason my card didn't work is that there's a change in the law for how card payments are authenticated and I think my preauthorisation, with my old expiry date, was no longer sufficient. Might be worth bearing in mind if anyone else has any longstanding preorders in the pipe.

24 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I can distinctly remember most reviewers not completing Red Dead 2, forcing themselves to have a miserable time trying to and giving it glowing reviews anyway. 

Death Stranding too. That tweet guy has a dreadful memory. 

3 minutes ago, SuperCapes said:

If they can maintain the From feel throughout, and make exploration meaningful this could be a GOAT candidate. 

The streams were insane yesterday. New areas, vast new areas, being discovered all day, all intricately designed and dense with things to do. I tapped out last night when the latest new area was discovered, it was just too big to comprehend - it was like a game map in itself, and completely different to the previous areas. Everything has that distinctive FROM beautifully grotesque feel, it's cohesive and tightly art directed but still out of its head, batshit creative. It just makes everything else look tired and stale.

Amazing that something as big and detailed as this was completed during the pandemic.

I had a bit of a weird experience with my Currys preorder. I went to cancel it because my Game Collection order should be ok now - this is a bit of palaver because you have to fill in a form to request cancellation, rather than just clicking a button like everywhere else. Anyway, shortly afterwards I got an email saying they'd had to cancel my order because

These items are unavailable for home delivery at this time

Maybe that was still due to my request and the person dealing with the cancellation clicked the wrong thing, but I just thought I'd mention it, in case anyone decides to take up that offer above.

7 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

The streams were insane yesterday. New areas, vast new areas, being discovered all day, all intricately designed and dense with things to do. I tapped out last night when the latest new area was discovered, it was just too big to comprehend - it was like a game map in itself, and completely different to the previous areas. Everything has that distinctive FROM beautifully grotesque feel, it's cohesive and tightly art directed but still out of its head, batshit creative. It just makes everything else look tired and stale.

Amazing that something as big and detailed as this was completed during the pandemic.

Hot damn! Why is it not midnight Thursday yet! 

I wonder if this will end up with ~90 metacritic like other FromSoft games. Everything I have seen looks like a clear step up over other open world games, and my worries wane reading your comments. I feel like the game should be a 10/10 across the board, and even though scores really don't matter, it would be nice to see a From game achieve that. Bloodborne should be 95 plus on Metacritic, as should DS! 

37 minutes ago, Hawklord said:

Not had any notice of shipping from Simply Games (PS5). I've only ever pre-ordered a game once before this, anyone had experience of when I should expect delivery from them?

Almost tempted to double dip and get the cheap XSX version digitally instead to make sure I'll have it on Thu night

Do you mean the £25 Argentinian version? Also tempted.

5 minutes ago, SuperCapes said:

Hot damn! Why is it not midnight Thursday yet! 

I wonder if this will end up with ~90 metacritic like other FromSoft games. Everything I have seen looks like a clear step up over other open world games, and my worries wane reading your comments. I feel like the game should be a 10/10 across the board, and even though scores really don't matter, it would be nice to see a From game achieve that. Bloodborne should be 95 plus on Metacritic, as should DS! 

It'll probably hit a 90/91 average and the internet will explode in anger that its too low.

6 minutes ago, Mystacon said:

Do you mean the £25 Argentinian version? Also tempted.

That's the one. The only Souls game I don't own on multiple platforms is BB, so it's inevitable that I'd re-buy at some point anyway lol

3 hours ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Thanks. Makes a change from being told I hate everything on here.

I like it. You’ve obviously watched a good load of footage, so you’ve got me really hyped for it. Can’t wait.

56 minutes ago, Hawklord said:

Might be worth sending them a note, from their twitter:

We are currently implementing changes to our internal systems and reviewing our pre-order process which is why we only have a limited display of products at the current time. This should be completed within the coming weeks and new titles will then be added to the website.