IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes

Broker

5 minutes ago, joemul said:

BotW + From Software combat is pretty much the dream game, right? I know that's what i was thinking while playing BotW, and i agree it is a once in a generation game even with the sub-par combat*

*comapred to From's

With some proper massive complicated dungeons/areas to explore.

58 minutes ago, Fargo said:

yeah I hope it’s not actually harder than Sekiro. But at least you can summon help, and can level up your character too. 

I'm going to be begging people to essentially play the game for me. The world and lore really appeals to me but the gameplay will probably have me snapping a controller in half. 

Has it been confirmed if there is crossplay?

1 hour ago, dug said:

IMG_20220223_113331294.thumb.jpg.bcc37ed3311d29d10baba62835c8f8fa.jpg

Look at this shit. Right there on my home screen but unplayable. It's like dangling a bag of heroin just out of arm's reach of an addict. Nggghhh! Why isn't it tomorrow night yet?!

Quite.

That OLED is dangling off the edge of the unit. And it's not parallel with the front edge. The cables looks like they could use some attention too.

The good news is that you've still got some time before ER releases to get it sorted out.

Regarding the difficulty comment in that early review...

Spoiler

Maybe it's just more difficult because it's new?  I know it's someone who's played previous games, but still, I would say Dark Souls was way harder on release day that it is today, because today there is tons of information out there about successful strategies and setups to help defeat certain bosses, and familiarity with how they work.

51 minutes ago, Klatrymadon said:

Konsole Kings (me neither) cancelled my PS4 copy without explanation. Tempted to go digital now, as I have a PS4 Pro with a massive HDD I'll never really use. Is the preloading process alright?

Yes I pre loaded on PS5 this morning, seamless. Unfortunately we can't move to New Zealand in the morning like those MS people.

1 hour ago, Steven said:

Or they've really fucked up. Could just be that the review is made up...

VaatiVidya did a 30 minute play and many in the comments were saying how easy it looked, to the point where in his follow up video he had to qualify it by saying he’d already played it for 24 hours prior to that run, knew exactly what he wanted to do in that video, where stuff was that would make it easier so made a beeline for it for the purposes of showcasing specific things in that specific video, but the actual game felt a lot more like a typical souls game in terms of difficulty  

I really hope I can actually make some sense of the story with this one without having to rely on Vaati and the other loremasters. I highly doubt that'll be the case, and if anything From will double down on the obscurity, but after finishing every one of their previous games I've always been left nonplussed by ending of the narratives. Bloodborne's, in particular, was very :huh:

I even tried taking notes for DS3 the first time I played it, but even the Bonfireside Chat guys couldn't really make sense of that game's story.

These games are always way harder to begin with, in fact all Soulsborne/Sekiro have been designed where the first playthrough is basically a test run and only in NG+ are you going to understand a lot of the stuff, so any new/curious/daunted players should remember that, treat it like a rougelike where each playthrough you learn more, you can never do everything in one playthrough in these games, you will miss stuff it's a given, it's partly what contributes to the depth.

Just now, Jamie John said:

I really hope I can actually make some sense of the story with this one without having to rely on Vaati and the other loremasters. I highly doubt that'll be the case, and if anything From will double down on the obscurity, but after finishing every one of their previous games I've always been left nonplussed by ending of the narrative. Bloodborne's, in particular, was very :huh:

I even tried taking notes for DS3 the first time I played it, but even the Bonfireside Chat guys couldn't really make sense of that game's story.

I’m pretty sure with the Souls games, Miyazaki always said that the story was only ever piecemeal and it was left up to the player to interpret and fill in the gaps. I believe this was because that’s how he felt when reading a lot of fantasy books growing up.