IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes

Broker

1 minute ago, Ry said:

Was watching some videos on builds and I'm still none the wiser what to go for as a novice. 

Hit shit in the face. Ignore everyone saying things about magic, I played 1-3 and never touched it. Just find a class you like the stats of, be it health or face smashing or dexterity or whatever the fuck and go with that.

I always go with a dex build then always feel envious of those people with the massive two handed swords and heavy armour when I'm getting battered later on, but I just can't bring myself to play in that slow, lumbering way.  I guess I'm a natural coward who just loves dodging and jumping out of the way.

Also, base.com are now reporting: Status: In Dispatch :omg:

3 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

I always go with a dex build then always feel envious of those people with the massive two handed swords and heavy armour when I'm getting battered later on, but I just can't bring myself to play in that slow, lumbering way.  I guess I'm a natural coward who just loves dodging and jumping out of the way.

Quality is the way.

Went for the PS4 version in the end as there’s no sign of my PS5 from Game yet (they took the money last week… what are they doing?). 

Gonna tramp it up on my launch PS4 then make use of that sweet upgrade when (if) my shiny new machine arrives. 

4 minutes ago, kempstar said:

Is there a guide somewhere to switching region and buying this in NZ? Or is it easier to just go to NZ?

doesn’t matter where you buy it - as long as it’s preloaded and ready. 

go to settings - system - language and location

change location to New Zealand - restart machine

welcome to tomorrow :)

Bah Im such a mug, downloading this now. The hype train was just too powerful.

Oh course this is what i thought about Sekiro and bounced right off that, so fingers crossed....

It LOOKS great and I do love an open world RPG game so i'm hopeful. But it's the hope that gets you right :) 

17 minutes ago, kempstar said:

Has anyones The Game Collection order arrived yet?

I reckon a few of those will arrive today. I have a feeling mine will be tomorrow but I think I'm going to BBQ for a mate anyway - I'll have a gander over the weekend at some point.

Won't be long until this thread resembles Boris' version of the full Sue Grey report, I'd imagine.

15 minutes ago, Mortis said:

doesn’t matter where you buy it - as long as it’s preloaded and ready. 

go to settings - system - language and location

change location to New Zealand - restart machine

welcome to tomorrow :)

Im struggling to buy it! Ive changed my region to NZ. It wont let me pay by Paypal, and it wont accept my postcode for my credit card, presumably as it is expecting an NZ format!

Are you saying I can go back to UK location, buy the game, download it, and then change my location to NZ, and play it three hours from now?

1 minute ago, kempstar said:

Im struggling to buy it! Ive changed my region to NZ. It wont let me pay by Paypal, and it wont accept my postcode for my credit card, presumably as it is expecting an NZ format!

Are you saying I can go back to UK location, buy the game, download it, and then change my location to NZ, and play it three hours from now?

Yes, buy it from the UK store first

Switch locations to unlock later

4 minutes ago, kempstar said:

Yep pretty much. 

46 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

Same.  But ultimately fast weapons are my favourite, I'm not very good at playing the slow, only hit once-in-a-while approach.  Much prefer a falchion to a zweihander.  Though OBVIOUSLY Zweihander looks fucking coolaf. 

So, today I'm hunkering down for some serious battling. I have Dark Eater Midir, Nameless King and Soul of Cinder to wrap up DS3. I have Old King Allant and King Allant in DeS Remake. 

Several in Sekiro but I'm currently at an impasse with Owl Father second fight so fuck all chance of wrapping that game up today.

I'll probably only finish Remake but whatever, it'll be a nice bit of juice in preparation for Elden tonight.

I'm in a tricky situation atm because my gf has recently been playing DS1 on my PS4 when she's over at weekends. She's about to wrap up the Painted World, so still lots to do. She can't wait to play it again this weekend. 

How do I tell her that she won't be getting a look in?

1 minute ago, hombre_hompson said:

All planned for a gaming evening tomorrow but the Amazon order is saying delivered before 11pm. Surely it won't come that late in the day?

Amazon are shit for launch days. My series X came three days late....