IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes

Broker

1 hour ago, Ste Pickford said:

I always go with a dex build then always feel envious of those people with the massive two handed swords and heavy armour when I'm getting battered later on, but I just can't bring myself to play in that slow, lumbering way.  I guess I'm a natural coward who just loves dodging and jumping out of the way.

Also, base.com are now reporting: Status: In Dispatch :omg:

Dark Souls early patches allowed you to be a Zweihander welding, Havel ring fast rolling, Big Daddy monster.

Hoping for that level of brokeness. And at least one weapon as satisfying as the DS1 Zweihander. The feeling you get when it literally flattens an enemy is unsurpassed.

9 minutes ago, Curtis said:

Did you know that they've re-modelled the

Hide contents

Great Sword so it looks like Guts' sword from Bezerk.

[Minor weapon spoiler]

Aw shit this may be the clincher for me now. 

43 minutes ago, amc said:

Several in Sekiro but I'm currently at an impasse with Owl Father second fight so fuck all chance of wrapping that game up today.

I might also try and get past the boss I'm stuck on in Sekiro to get in the mood

Spoiler

I think its the same fight as you, Owl Father in the location where you fight Genchiro, in that tall building with the railings. I'd fought so many bosses in a row I just couldn't stomach yet another one.

42 minutes ago, Zico said:

Postie delivered mine at 8am. Got the series X version. I think it looks lovely. 

Game Collection purchaser here, no delivery yet. That's good. Yes. I don't need it right now. I've got work to do, hahaha!  In fact, I can't think of anything worse than the post man delivering Elden Ring just right now. Nope. Nope!  Ha!  Ha ha!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.67def2db18c22240e011a265e8e52068.png

It's very cool seeing so many gamers get excited by a launch, and to see a game that seemingly lives up to the hype and then some. Enjoy everyone 🙂

I bounced off Bloodborne after defeating the first boss, too hard for me, but with all this talk I feel like I'm missing out on a gaming event if I don't at least experience Elden Ring and give it try. Fingers crossed I get a bit further this time.

Just now, kempstar said:

Does anyone know if changing the region on my xbox will mess up a download in progess?

Ive downloaded 40% so far, which is enough to play it. 

It triggers a restart IIRC, so yes. 

1 hour ago, Davros sock drawer said:

I'm in a tricky situation atm because my gf has recently been playing DS1 on my PS4 when she's over at weekends. She's about to wrap up the Painted World, so still lots to do. She can't wait to play it again this weekend. 

How do I tell her that she won't be getting a look in?

Buy a 2nd TV and play side by side. Assuming you wouldn’t be playing on the PS4 too

Aha - there's an update, but I can't get it cos it's not out...

image.png.8121ff891b24a2f743ccf4e62bcdede6.png

perhaps it got a delayed a smidge?  ah well back to work, someone @ me if they get it to unlock on steam, please? :)