IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes

Broker

18 minutes ago, Lovelyman said:

Loving the performance paranoia 

From DF:

The PC situation is also worth clarifying. As it currently stands the PC version using the latest 1.02 patch has a number of issues that will affect all hardware configurations on all graphical settings presets.

However, even running on the launch day patch 1.02, the frame-rate mode continues to run at a range of 45-60fps on PS5 and Series X, while the quality modes on each range between 30-60fps. Both machines run with entirely unlocked frame-rates, and much like the network test, there's still no 30fps cap to even out the wavering reading in quality mode. The result? A highly variable performance for the quality mode in particular, where 60fps is rarely - if ever - achieved on PS5 or Series X.

So all in all, it's a bit of a mixed bag for Elden Ring right now on all platforms.

Still no dispatch notification from Currys for this on PS5. In spite of a gut feeling telling me to not to, I pre-ordered it from them as they were the cheapest at the time. But if they don't get a move on soon, its looking increasingly likely I'll be buying this digitally tonight and Currys will be getting told to sod off.

Anyone else in the same boat?

My ps4 copy showed up from GameByte. Worth ordering from them, they seem to regularly deliver stuff early. It's not the three days early Chivalry 2 was, but I'll take a day early.

Sadly I won't be able to play until Saturday due to social commitments. But still 

1 minute ago, Sie said:

Still no dispatch notification from Currys for this on PS5. In spite of a gut feeling telling me to not to, I pre-ordered it from them as they were the cheapest at the time. But if they don't get a move on soon, its looking increasingly likely I'll be buying this digitally tonight and Currys will be getting told to sod off.

I just cancelled my Amazon order and will be getting digitally. I wouldn’t usually do that and would wait but by coincidence I’ve got the day off tomorrow because I had to use some days so I wanna play it in the morning like a silly child.

Also had £30 PSN credit sat in my account which swayed me. Also the fact that getting it digitally seems to mean I could play the PS4 version at 60fps if the frame rate on the PS5 annoyed me.

53 minutes ago, Fargo said:

Hate to be that guy but the framerate on the series x is rough. Tempted to try and get a refund and go with PS5. 

I never noticed fps before but the last year of playing games at 60fps has left me really aware now when a game drops frames or is locked to 30fps. 

I don’t have a VRR compatible TV unfortunately. 

I was able to cancel the Xbox version as technically it was still a preorder :) I love MS for that option 

have preordered on PS5 and hopefully the extra few frames help (motion blur too which is apparently absent on Xbox) and if all else fails I’ll just play the PS4 version 

aside from the framerate what I played today was excellent and I’m looking forward to a good weekend's gaming! 

18 minutes ago, Sie said:

I went digital for the first time specifically to avoid this bollocks

14 minutes ago, SM47 said:

My ps4 copy showed up from GameByte...

Sadly I won't be able to play until Saturday due to social commitments. But still 

Classic

15 minutes ago, dizogg said:

I just cancelled my Amazon order and will be getting digitally. I wouldn’t usually do that and would wait but by coincidence I’ve got the day off tomorrow because I had to use some days so I wanna play it in the morning like a silly child.

Also had £30 PSN credit sat in my account which swayed me. Also the fact that getting it digitally seems to mean I could play the PS4 version at 60fps if the frame rate on the PS5 annoyed me.

I did the same. I generally prefer physical but it’s not like I’m ever going to sell it.

I had the collectors edition and realised that I wasn’t that keen on the statue, too.

Ok early question as in typical From fashion there’s no guide to all the icons that appear on the screen. 

Spoiler

I have 2 red boxes under my stamina bar - one with an up arrow and another with a down arrow - what do these mean?

I also occasionally get a white gate icon at the side of the screen - again???

Well, in what was a complete surprise even to me I've pre-ordered this. My only experience with SoulsBourne games is the Demon's remake which I really enjoyed* so I'm tentatively looking forward to this. Got the day off so might as well have something to do.

* First playthrough I found relatively simple - a nice challenge - but NG+ kicked my arse for some reason. Just hope I do better in this.

51 minutes ago, Sie said:

They sent mine earlier. Via dpd so likely to arrive.

Guys, sorry to be a bothersome bore, but a question to those in the know - would I be right in thinking that the way to get my Series X Elden Ring on would be to buy it, let it pre-load, then switch region to NZ?

12 minutes ago, deerokus said:

They sent mine earlier. Via dpd so likely to arrive.

Yup, sod's law. Paid for the digital version on PSN and then 20 minutes later, I get a DPD email. Oh well, at least I can get cracking on it tonight rather than tomorrow!

Have to agree on the shoddy Series X frame rate unfortunately. I don’t usually notice that sort of thing but I found it very off-putting here.

Was tempted to get a refund and go PS5 but it sounds as if that’s unstable as well (albeit with some extra frames in play). Gonna stick it on my gaming monitor instead of the TV and hope that VRR does the business.