Elden Ring - Colosseum PVP Update Out Now

Broker

There are two giant chain bridges leading to the boss area. You need to take the one that is a little further up from the grace and then just a little way beyond the fog door you'll see his sign.

11 minutes ago, Girth Certificate said:

it's Jar-bro Alexander, it's just inside the door on the left. 

Do note there are two doors for that arena and he only appears at one.

46 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

which is a weird decision in itself. 

I want to fight the giant pot-bro in Caelid, or even better summon him in to smash a boss. Then betray and kill him later, as tends to be the way with NPC summons.

Ah right, I actually found him elsewhere when I was doing some revisiting of old areas - after beating the Giant - so I was too early in his questline for him to show up for the Giant I guess.

Spoiler

I found him in the lava having a bath on Mt Gelmir and he said he'd head up to the mountaintop of giants next.

I hope I can still trigger the rest of his questline then.

On 16/05/2022 at 21:26, Triple A said:

OMG you got it bad.

Well i'm here for 8 weeks, and there are certain parts of the day where its too hot outside. So Air-Con and Elden Ring are a perfect combo! :eyebrows:

1 hour ago, Cyhwuhx said:

I've had the sign appear at both. I'll check tonight as I'll be heading that was as soon as I get past Malenia (gave up after 20 attempts on NG+ last night)

On 14/05/2022 at 05:46, robdood said:

@NickCis it the first from game you've finished or the first you played? Because any of their earlier games will scratch the same itch now, I'd imagine!

I can't muster enthusiasm for any gaming after this either! Everything feels so basic and uninteresting at the mo! 

I'm kind of in the same scenario, with this being my first Souls games I've actually got into yet I have no desire to play the old ones. For me it's the open world that makes it, where as before leveling up meant going to the same one or two areas over and over again, now there are so many options to make the grinding more entertaining. Often have several enemies to try and return to or I can just go some areas I've not fully explored and run around hitting things whilst looking for caves/catacombs.

In the last (and only) Souls game I played (DemonSouls) I would have 1 or 2 bosses I couldn't get past and would just go through the same area over and over (one with skeletons?).

I'm now Level 103 btw 😎

6 hours ago, Alan Stock said:

Ah right, I actually found him elsewhere when I was doing some revisiting of old areas - after beating the Giant - so I was too early in his questline for him to show up for the Giant I guess.

Hide contents

I found him in the lava having a bath on Mt Gelmir and he said he'd head up to the mountaintop of giants next.

I hope I can still trigger the rest of his questline then.

Other thing about taking Alexander into the Fire Giant fight is that it makes Torrent unavailable. Shouldn't be a bad fight if you have a +10 Spirit and Alexander with you though, they will do most of the work. Just stay out of the way and watch the fireworks.

Any tips for the gargoyle brothers in Nokron? I’ve got D’s brother as a summon and my Mimc up to +10, but they jump around so much I’m struggling to get the hits on them being primarily a DEX build. I can get one of them down ok, but by that point both my summons are usually dead and I’ll have used most of my health flasks, so the remaining one has his focus purely on me and I get destroyed. Help!

My main tip is stay the fuck away from that poison cloud.  I think it damages you as well as poisoning you, and that was my undoing. I died so many times in the poison.  If you see the poison cloud, get away, and don't even try to get close enough to do damage until it's moved to another spot.

If you move to the right of the entrance door, there's a waterfall down to the lower area. Try to bait the first one to fight you there, and if you get lucky one of them might jump over the waterfall and drop to its death.

52 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

My main tip is stay the fuck away from that poison cloud.  I think it damages you as well as poisoning you, and that was my undoing. I died so many times in the poison.  If you see the poison cloud, get away, and don't even try to get close enough to do damage until it's moved to another spot.

If you move to the right of the entrance door, there's a waterfall down to the lower area. Try to bait the first one to fight you there, and if you get lucky one of them might jump over the waterfall and drop to its death.

Even if it doesn't jump off, by fighting in that corner you get more time to kill the first one before the second gets to you. 

1 hour ago, JPL said:

Any tips for the gargoyle brothers in Nokron? I’ve got D’s brother as a summon and my Mimc up to +10, but they jump around so much I’m struggling to get the hits on them being primarily a DEX build. I can get one of them down ok, but by that point both my summons are usually dead and I’ll have used most of my health flasks, so the remaining one has his focus purely on me and I get destroyed. Help!

Shabriri's Woe Talisman on Mimic. Rotten Breath to kill the gargoyles. Keep your distance and let them attack the mimic whilst you hit them with rot breath.

I found as long as I could fight one-on-one their attacks weren't too hard to avoid. I saved my ash summon for the middle of the fight when the second one turns up then tried to drag one away and finish him off while the other fought my ash man.

Still finding the balance in NG+ a touch off. Not just the damage dealt/received but also just some of the boss weapons/weapon arts. Waterfowl Dance is ridiculously OP - video example - none of the NPC / Invader style characters have much response to it if they don't break through my poise right before it, and if it connects it just wrecks them. Though I suppose that is quite realistic! :D

Still enjoying it by and large though. Even if it's not quite the same without the sense of mystery and discovery of a first playthrough. I even managed to solo Radahn without knowing any of the dodge timings or really what I was doing at all. Revenge is sweet!

Got a bit fed up of Melenia tonight - one attempt I got her down to half health again in phase 2 - so I decided to head off to CFA for the first time. 

Interesting place and the locals gave me a warm welcome. I somehow managed to take out the first big enemy without a scratch and made my way to the Godskin Duo. Interesting fight which I weirdly enjoyed, I went in expecting to fail as I got so battered from the normal knights outside I had already used up half my flasks. Going into an obvious boss fight expecting to fail made it nice and relaxing. Again, barely a scratch.

Happy days....but I can't help feel that I need to take out Melenia soon...

12 hours ago, Uncle Nasty said:

@John0Enjoy it, because NG++ is a different beast entirely. I was soloing bosses like they were nothing in NG+, in NG++ they are humbling me again.

I doubt I'll make it that far to be honest, I'm only really going through NG+ for some character questlines and to get to Melania again. What level did you start NG++ at though out of interest? Got a friend who said he finished NG+ on 290, which seems extremely high to me.

Well, the Capital is pretty big, isn't it?  I've not been playing every evening, and only for two or three hours at a time when I do, but I feel like I've been in the Capital for about a week now, and there are still areas I've not properly explored yet, and I've not been down in the sewers.  I do try to be very thorough and explore every nook and cranny.  Found the boss door, but will save that until I've been everywhere.  It's a great area.

And the place just *throws* runes at you, compared to all the earlier areas.  I guess that's the designers saying, "you better level up, chump".  Not had any major problems with any enemies yet, in early (now mid) 80s level.

48 minutes ago, John0 said:

I doubt I'll make it that far to be honest, I'm only really going through NG+ for some character questlines and to get to Melania again. What level did you start NG++ at though out of interest? Got a friend who said he finished NG+ on 290, which seems extremely high to me.

About 220 going into NG++. I did skip a lot of optional areas/quests in NG+ and didn't bother levelling much, got careless with runes and felt pretty much over-levelled for all of it. Going to have to do a lot of farming on this run, if I can even get to the farming spot. Right now I don't even want to think about how tough the Capital will be, or if I can even get there.

3 hours ago, Ste Pickford said:

Well, the Capital is pretty big, isn't it?  I've not been playing every evening, and only for two or three hours at a time when I do, but I feel like I've been in the Capital for about a week now, and there are still areas I've not properly explored yet, and I've not been down in the sewers.  I do try to be very thorough and explore every nook and cranny. 

I found that area the hardest one to keep a mental map of.

8 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

I did skip a lot of optional areas/quests in NG+ and didn't bother levelling much, got careless with runes and felt pretty much over-levelled for all of it.

Yeah this is exactly how I've approached it too! Good to know I'll need to prep myself a bit if I ever make it to the next new adventure.

Question for those who've finished the game...

Spoiler

I loved the abandoned Roundtable Hold that I stumbled upon in the Capital.  A really eerie, spooky moment in the game once you realise, kinda, where you are.

Does the story behind this location get explained at some point before the end of the game?

Wow, the Haligtree Brace section is absolutely stunning. One of the most visually striking levels I've ever seen in a From game, although it's clearly under the same influences as a lot of Bloodborne. I'm not normally a huge fan of 'gotcha' bits in games, but there's one bit I stumbled into before that was almost comically OTT in terms of springing a dozen enemies on you. You almost have to admire the malevolence in that kind of design. I lost about 100,000 runes, but I'm not upset.

37 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

Question for those who've finished the game...

Hide contents

I loved the abandoned Roundtable Hold that I stumbled upon in the Capital.  A really eerie, spooky moment in the game once you realise, kinda, where you are.

Does the story behind this location get explained at some point before the end of the game?

Not really (unless there's an item description that mentions it). It could be it's the same location except in a parallel/alternative reality but *end-game spoilers*

Spoiler

the fact that is is affected by your actions in 'your' reality suggests otherwise

or it could be a dream like construct (maybe you never actually leave the points of grace) which is based on the 'real' hold in the capital. Or maybe Space-Wimpy-Homes just built a bunch of them :lol: . It might be located out in the lands beyond the fog where the Tarnished were roaming before they come back to the lands between. 

9 minutes ago, Girth Certificate said:

Not really (unless there's an item description that mentions it). It could be it's the same location except in a parallel/alternative reality but *end-game spoilers*

Hide contents

the fact that is is affected by your actions in 'your' reality suggests otherwise

or it could be a dream like construct (maybe you never actually leave the points of grace) which is based on the 'real' hold in the capital. Or maybe Space-Wimpy-Homes just built a bunch of them in the lands between :lol: . It might be located out in the lands beyond the fog where the Tarnished were roaming before they come back to the lands between. 

Cheers.  If there was a proper reveal at some point, then I'd wait to come across that in the game, but if not then I can happily dig into reading fan theories and fun stuff like that right away.

• Broker changed the title to Elden Ring - Colosseum PVP Update Out Now