rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Vorgot

Persona Q 2 - 4th June - The last big 3DS release

So the UK release is next week, and it may not be high on everyone's wishlist, but I am ridiculously excited for this. I think this could be the last major physical release for the 3DS and it's kind of fitting as it's the only platform that it can really work on. This game is mentioned in the Persona spinoff thread, but I figure it deserves its own discussion.

For those unaware of it, the game is a mashup of Persona and Etrian Odyssey, so loads of dungeon crawling, turn based combat and map drawing all set within the world of the Persona series. This one has characters from Persona 3, 4 and 5, as well as the female protaganist from Persona 3 Portable, so should be a blast. I sunk over 100 hours into the original game, so am really looking forward to this.

There is a ton of day 1 DLC but none of it is needed, in fact the personas you can buy actually break the games difficulty, it becomes way too easy with them. The extra characters you can download as dungeon navigators are nice if you have a particular desperation to have them in the game, but I'll be sticking with Rise, Fuuka and Futaba I think (though I may end up shelling out for the twins from P5).

The DLC thats worth having is the music, which adds battle themes from 3, 4 and 5, plus 3 Portable, 4 Golden and Q. These 3 packs are free for the first month after release though. There is a free 3DS theme on the eshop now as well.

Only downer is that there is no english dub this time, I guess Atlus are not expecting this to sell enough to justify the cost. It's a shame as I usually play my JRPGs with a japanese soundtrack, but the Persona games are a rare series where I prefer the english dub.

Hope some people pick this up and enjoy it, I'm hoping Amazon ship it a little bit early, but as long as I have it for release day, I'll be happy.

• Upvote 3

Didn't know about the lack of English dub, so no Max Mittleman as Ryuji then 1484259503911.gif.56ba38a6eddba73598abab0879fa1fe0.gif

Still, looking forward to it, still haven't progressed any further with the first one but I'm getting it from the kids for my birthday/father's day. (provided my other half has ordered it as Ive told her exactly what I want, she has enough on without having to think of what to buy)

Its a shame about the dub as I'm so used to the characters voices, but I understand why they have not included it. Won't spoil my enjoyment of the game too much.

I'll have to get my Ryuji fix by watching the dub of One Punch Man instead! :lol:

• Upvote 1

This seems to already be out of stock at a lot of places, not sure if they are doing a reprint. It could be worth sourcing a copy now if you were planning on getting it.

8 minutes ago, erhgiez said:

This seems to already be out of stock at a lot of places, not sure if they are doing a reprint. It could be worth sourcing a copy now if you were planning on getting it.

I'd noticed this as well, glad I ordered back in March from Amazon. It still says arriving tomorrow, but it's not despatched yet. I suspected it might be a limited run, I bet 3DS game sales are pretty low at the moment. 

Amazon had better honour my order, as I'd saved up gift cards for a while to pay for it, as I am completely skint at the moment. Would not be able to afford it digitally if Amazon suddenly decided they didn't have the stock for my order.

Amazon have dispatched my copy but you might still be fine if they do delay it. I ordered Etrian Odyssey Nexus and got an email the day before launch saying it would be delayed so cancelled and quickly ordered from Game worrying that it would have a limited print run but it’s be easily available since then and is still available at Game now.

Mine has been dispatched.

I didn't teally enjoy the first one much, but worried this might soon be hard or expensive to find, so I pre-ordered it.  If I don't like  I can flog it.

Just woke up and checked, mine is on its way, so looking forward to that arriving later. The first one was one of my favourite games ever, so am really hyped for this.

1 minute ago, Protocol Penguin said:

My copy has been dispatched from thegamecollection.net :) Sad that this marks the end of an era, goodbye 3DS. :(  

It is sadly. I still have a long wishlist of games I want to pick up though, so like the Vita, I'll be playing it for a long time to come

• Upvote 1

riNj2ohh.jpg

Here's hoping the much-rumoured, portable-focussed Switch mini will go some way to fill the void left by Nintendo's decision to no longer produce dedicated handheld consoles.

• Upvote 1

Yay, my copy has arrived. Comes with a nice little art book (though book is pushing it, more like a manual). But considering that manuals are a thing of the past it's nice to have in there! Nice to fire it up and get the Persona vibe from a new game again.

Don't forget to download the battle themes, which are free for the first month of release.

• Upvote 2

think the copy my other half has bought me just got shoved through the letter box, buy it's for my birthday and thats a fortnight away! I know, I'm an adult and I could just have it early etc but it's more about the kids giving it to me than anything really (I know I have more stuff, mostly as I told my other half what to buy as her memory's been awful since she started her chemo last year)

• Upvote 2

Well this is brilliant. As with the last one (and every Persona game) it's a slow start and introduces stuff to you bit by bit, but it was great to get back into mapping and exploring again. They've improved the mapping a bit, adding a free moving palette that you can populate with your favourite icons, and adjusting some icons (a power spot now shows if it's active or not), but it's more of the same otherwise. Once I had switched map rotation on and wall guide lines off I was right at home again. I was getting used to the map not rotating playing Etrian Untold, but with the rotation on it's far easier to map walls correctly.

I was a bit worried that I wouldn't like the Japanese Voice acting. I've always played Persona with an english dub even though 90% of Japanese games I pick the Japanese voices, but the voice acting is brilliant and captures the characters really well. It was with the introduction of some characters a ways in that totally sold me on this though, it's very obvious to me now that the english actors in P5 took a lot from the japanese voice actors when they did the english version. This is really obvious when you listen to Futaba and any of the Velvet Room people in particular. 

The new music is great so far as well, but I am looking forward to be able to pick my battle music, an option which I presume unlocks a bit more into the game. So a hugely promising start for me, this seems to have delivered exactly what I wanted. And it is still tough as well, even on normal the last game was a challenge from the off and this seems to be no exception.

• Upvote 1

if anyone is having trouble finding it, Amazon.es is the cheapest I can find at just under £34 delivered, rear of the box is likely to be in Spanish, but the game will play right :)

It really is one of those games you need to pre-order I'm afraid.

I had the first one on pre-order but canceled it in the end. A few months later I paid £65 for it  :(

• Empathy 1

Its on the e-shop as well, which I'd have been happy to have but I only had Amazon vouchers to use when I ordered in March. Now that I have the physical one though, it's a nice thing to have. 

1 hour ago, Keyboard Koala said:

It really is one of those games you need to pre-order I'm afraid.

I had the first one on pre-order but canceled it in the end. A few months later I paid £65 for it  :(

I ordered it from the game collection yesterday and it arrived today.

I got an email from Amazon saying I had been refunded, and panic gripped me.  Fortunately it was just the price drop guarantee.

Thoughts on picking this up?

i don’t expect a reprint. 

Its already £65-85 used on Amazon.

Buy the US version or buy the German/French\Spanish?

12 hours ago, Camel said:

I ordered it from the game collection yesterday and it arrived today.

I wouldn't have waited any more days if you really wanted it. And you could've been lucky too, it's already sold out in most online retailers.

Well the first dungeon boss is as hard as I thought it would be. Same as the first game, without the right set up and strategy it's one of the hardest fights in the game as your options are limited. About to head back in for another try once I level Ann a bit more.

Liking it so far. Most weapons have decent affixes now so are worth getting even for magic only users, and not having to pay to heal up is good. The P3 female MC is brilliant as well, you can tell they made an effort with writing her stuff as she's been left out of every other game.

Did Persona Q just get a stealth reprint off the back of this? There are loads of brand new copies showing up on Amazon and Ebay. Any info on this?

Seems a bit quick for a reprint, and by reading comments elsewhere it seems the US got a load of these and Europe had shortages all over. Amazon still showing as unavailable and the ones on ebay are ridiculously priced or from Jap/NA. 

Am trying to play this in bursts as I don't want to finish it too quickly and I mainly play on the 2DS when tmy boys are here at the weekend and are hogging the PS4 and Mac. Beat the first boss, but it took me a few goes and the RNG factor plays a big part, which I expected. I'm going to have a nightmare trying to figure out who to put in my 'dream team' but i may swap people around a bit. Got the item that lets you level someone up to the same level as your highest character, so hope to get a few more of those.

And since I have avoided spoilers, the name of the second movie made me laugh out loud, much to the embarrassment and shame of my boys.

13 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

Seems a bit quick for a reprint, and by reading comments elsewhere it seems the US got a load of these and Europe had shortages all over. Amazon still showing as unavailable and the ones on ebay are ridiculously priced or from Jap/NA. 

Am trying to play this in bursts as I don't want to finish it too quickly and I mainly play on the 2DS when tmy boys are here at the weekend and are hogging the PS4 and Mac. Beat the first boss, but it took me a few goes and the RNG factor plays a big part, which I expected. I'm going to have a nightmare trying to figure out who to put in my 'dream team' but i may swap people around a bit. Got the item that lets you level someone up to the same level as your highest character, so hope to get a few more of those.

And since I have avoided spoilers, the name of the second movie made me laugh out loud, much to the embarrassment and shame of my boys.

Sorry, I meant the first Persona Q, there hasn’t been a new copy of it on sale for years and suddenly loads start appearing

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Persona-Shadow-Labyrinth-Standard-Nintendo/dp/B00Q6ATK72?ref_=mw_olp_product_details