rllmuk
djbhammer

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

56gig download for the ps4 disc version came up as taking 31 hours for a time for me. The old ps. 'pause and resume' trick did the job and it's now a much more manageable amount. 

My building should hopefully be getting FTTP by next gen, much needed. 

14 minutes ago, Pug said:

Good advice.

I get killed by a camper and just end up shouting, "How can sitting in a corner just waiting for someone fun!!!"

I know I need to slow myself down as most of my deaths are whilst I'm running about.

Yeah. Just those first few moments when a round starts, you're almost always better holding a position and thinking about the map rather than hooning around hoping you get a random kill. I mainly play FFA so not sure about other modes, but taking it slow and methodical using cover is going to get you a lot more kills than making yourself a visible moving target.

I got this with a new PS4 pro (the game PS4 trade in deal is excellent value imo) and looked forward to playing it tonight. It’s not going to happen is it. Who thought forcing an update of that size on players who just bought the game was a good idea. SAKE.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Pug said:

Good advice.

I get killed by a camper and just end up shouting, "How can sitting in a corner just waiting for someone fun!!!"

I know I need to slow myself down as most of my deaths are whilst I'm running about.

The best thing is these pillocks stay where they are and don't move after, so you can usually get the drop on them when you've respawned. Had many a guffaw in the beta at popping some dickhead because they thought they were quicker. Not quicker than a fucking flash grenade then a shot to the head.

Well I haven't gotten in to a call of duty game for years and years... Think the last time I got in to it as MW2?

Anyway, this is the most fun I've had with a game in a loooooooong time. Loving the multiplayer!

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Omizzay said:

Anyone know how to change the NAT Type from Moderate to Open?

I have Google Mesh Wifi if that helps???

Open port 3074 on your router and it will work fine. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, denisb said:

Finally got into multiplayer why is my username a massive bunch of gobbledegook And not my psn one ?

It's linked to your Activision account. Or it should be anyway. I guess if you haven't got one it just assigns you a random one.

So I've just got this and it's installing on my terrible 10mbps internet. Am I able to play the campaign once that part's installed or is it going to be a long old wait for the whole thing?

13 hours ago, womblingfree said:

I’m presuming the final level is uncovering that the President of the United States is a Russian asset and then storming the White House while he chucks burgers at you.

FAKE NEWS!!

1 hour ago, Mugman said:

So I've just got this and it's installing on my terrible 10mbps internet. Am I able to play the campaign once that part's installed or is it going to be a long old wait for the whole thing?

No, you need to get the 76GB part first.

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

It's linked to your Activision account. Or it should be anyway. I guess if you haven't got one it just assigns you a random one.

And you can change it from ingame. Dig around in the options. 

maps are utterly sublime, even picaddilly which I thought looked dull as fuck from the videos is such a tactical masterpiece and forces a slower style of play.

Gun game is the best addition to this series ever, has the tension of pubg end game. 

• Upvote 3

MP is not as immediate as BO4. Campers are still giant dickheads

started to like it more after two hours but I’m not convinced yet. That may change over the weekend

edit to add, I like the Piccadilly map, think the bridge one isn’t all that

Just now, IainGamer said:

Enjoying this now FFA mode now live.  Why no hardcore mode tho, or am I missing this somewhere in the options? 

It's called Realistic now.

Less HUD options, any gun will 1 shot in the head etc.

• Upvote 1

A 56gb day one patch? The media shouldn't be giving this shit a free pass! 

That's absurd. Activision are SHIT the penny pinching motherfuckers. Spyro was a fucking joke too but at least you could play the first game

• Upvote 1