Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

53 minutes ago, IainGamer said:

Anyone recommend sound settings for headphones.  Can’t seem to find a headphone setting.  

I can't back up my claim at the moment but I did a search earlier and apparently "BOOST HIGH" was the headphone setting in the beta so try that.

1 hour ago, Thor said:

As someone with zero interest in multiplayer, what's the campaign like in this? Should I wait until it's cheaper? 

I only ever play SP these days. It's the best SP COD in a long while. That said there is nothing new. It's linear, its loud. I'm having fun with it but I currently am not looking to replay it.

• Upvote 3

Multi is great so far, that drip-feed addiction of upgrading, customising and unlocking is as compelling as ever and seems really deep. Feels gnarly, brutal and visceral but like Dave White said not as twitchy and jumpy as recent CoDs. Maps are tactical and not just merry-go-round loops of endless spawn deaths, you can hold a position and plan. It's a proper military shooter again with some seriously cool gadgets and perks and no sci-fi silliness.. Not seeing any lag or unfair deaths, everything is ridiculously smooth and slick. Ace.

• Upvote 4

Haven't touched campaign yet but I am liking the MP quite a lot. Ground War is basically a more concise Battlefield. The traditional Cod modes meanwhile feel free of a lot of the frustrating bullshit from some other entries so far. Definitely getting MW2 vibes, too early to say how good it is though but the gameplay is stripped back quite a bit to the more balanced pace of that era and seems to punish players who run around all the time very hard - sprinting players sound like a herd of elephants! 

• Upvote 1

Has anyone actually managed to add anyone to the cross-platform friends list? They seem to have hidden it rather unintuitively under sub-menus and 8 don't think anything obvious pops up to tell you about a request, so no one can find my requests. Or maybe it is broken. 

By the end of the night I could tell the good players had arrived, got murdered on that very confusing grezna raid map

I can’t say the campaign as a whole has been as good as Infinite Warfare’s so far but two of the missions will be added to any list of the most memorable in the entire franchise.

It helps that it looks as good as it does and for once HDR actually means HDR at launch rather than a washed out image that’s worse than with it turned off.

9 minutes ago, DC Lemon said:

I can’t say the campaign as a whole has been as good as Infinite Warfare’s so far but two of the missions will be added to any list of the most memorable in the entire franchise.

It helps that it looks as good as it does and for once HDR actually means HDR at launch rather than a washed out image that’s worse than with it turned off.

Which 2?

I’d say is the best looking console game I’ve ever played. The quality of the visuals is just ridiculously impressive given the hardware it’s running off. 

Makes me kind of scared / excited at what the next gen will be able to achieve (eventually). If the leap is as big as rumoured imagine in game if they could hit similar quality to the cut scenes in this game...

• Upvote 1

don't know what happened last night but got a few spots of lag,  hope its a temporary thing. Not had any of that stupid magic bullets stuff and poor hit detection so far. I changed my go to of TDM last year to domination and find you get less of that shot in the back stuff and spawn camping.

I love how sniping has retuned to a skill based affair and they've got rid of quick scoping. I completely stand by this is the best one since cod4 and mw2 and every year my hope of back to boots on the ground has been totally realised.

• Upvote 3

Good sign when you wake up and jump straight back into the game you were playing until midnight. I've really enjoyed the random playlist and playing modes I never usually pick, I'm finding it a gentler way of learning the maps and levelling up than just maining FFA like I usually would. Which is the mode where you carry a bomb to a destination and guard it? Love that. Enjoying all of the maps so far, had some amazingly tense stand offs and holding buildings down, it feels way more strategic and solid than CoD has been for ages.

Putting a solid day into this now. Lovely.

1 hour ago, mexos said:

I’d say is the best looking console game I’ve ever played. The quality of the visuals is just ridiculously impressive given the hardware it’s running off. 

Makes me kind of scared / excited at what the next gen will be able to achieve (eventually). If the leap is as big as rumoured imagine in game if they could hit similar quality to the cut scenes in this game...

There's something about the lighting that makes fire and flames seem brighter and more real than anything I've seen before, some of the mortar explosions and rocket attacks are straight out of a movie. Looks like top-end VFX. It's hard to process that this is happening in real time and not pre-rendered, there's a level of detail and polish that I've not seen before. Amazing.