rllmuk
djbhammer

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

Exactly, and just to annoy the yoots further they should add a heavy penalty to accuracy while jumping with all weapons, nobody is firing a shotgun while jumping round a corner and hitting someone, they're more likely to hurt themselves.

• Upvote 6

Controlling areas and buildings, getting good lines of sight and holding your own is what this game is all about. Running around blindly whilst hip firing is bad form and will get you punished by smarter players. The maps are designed for tactical play, not the chaotic merry go round of insta-deaths that CoD had devolved into. This game is wonderful.

• Upvote 5

Yeah if this is finally the game that dismantles the SMG murder carousel that COD has been since, hmm, Black Ops II or so then I am extremely on board. 

Shipment coming back would be a disaster though. I had my best ever game of COD on that map but that doesn’t mean it isn’t the worst one the series has ever seen, aside from Nuketown, whose existence I refuse to acknowledge. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, gooner4life said:

Yeah because the smart thing would have been to run outside and get domed.

yeah but If everyone just sat in the same building for the whole game then there wouldn’t be much of a game.  Which is what is happening to free for all 

1 minute ago, IainGamer said:

yeah but If everyone just sat in the same building for the whole game then there wouldn’t be much of a game.  Which is what is happening to free for all 

Well clearly not everybody is if you keep running in there and getting killed.

• Upvote 8

1 minute ago, IainGamer said:

Maybe just go back to cartoon COD and leave this one for the rest of us to enjoy?

Amazingly, there is plenty of room for two different flavours of COD. For me, the last one was a pure mess, whereas this is borderline sublime. It has fixed almost all of the issues I had with the way the series had gone - the ridiculous jumping, hardscoping, hyper speed, overpowered score-streaks, gaudy gear and costumes, shitty maps, etc, etc - all ahve been imrpoved with this more considered. tactical return.

• Upvote 2

Anyone else finding that they're switching up their main weapons depending on the map and game mode? I'm definitely getting more use from classes that I usually would've ignored, the maps seem deliberately designed to make you consider your weapon of choice a bit more than before. It's done away with quickscoping and made the kill cams more entertaining, matches are more varied and exciting now. The balance feels great.

Unlocked an under barrel shotgun for the default assault rifle last night, going to have some fun with that on the Hackney map! 

I'll need to find out how to add mukkers on this. I'm getting COD4 vibes but most are on PlayStation nowadays. 

Just loving this more and more. Like @IainGamer at first was really frustrating but after a few hours it's clicked and I love it.

Started to get into Domination tonight. :wub:

Is there a Rllmuk tag?

Tempted to pick this up.

Not played cod multiplayer in years and im exclusive to BF and Titanfall for multiplayer but this sounds good. 

Be good to play with some people from here, im on xbox but there are not many of us. How does cross play work anyway? Is there a seperate gamertag/psn name screen where you can add people from different platforms? 

Is that new co-op options that have arrived tonight (well, maybe last night, ai didn't look at it yesterday), operations it's called or have I managed to miss it completely...

16 minutes ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

Tempted to pick this up.

Not played cod multiplayer in years and im exclusive to BF and Titanfall for multiplayer but this sounds good. 

Be good to play with some people from here, im on xbox but there are not many of us. How does cross play work anyway? Is there a seperate gamertag/psn name screen where you can add people from different platforms? 

It’s really simple actually, you have to link your gamer tag to an Activision ID but it will do it automatically, then it’s like adding a discord friend pretty much name#273747 in the social tab and send friend request. 

The only downside is voice chat is awful and so you have to just mute all But party (it’s an option in settings) then you can talk privately amongst yourselves.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, deerokus said:

I found a bad map, Aniyah Palace. Too big, unfocused and cluttered. 

Played 2 hours, 1 playlist, 20 player TDM...came up 4 times, well, 5, I shut it down on the last one.

4 maps the whole night, bridge x 3, windmill x 3  and grazia (like the lady mag) once, and of course the shitty palace map that never comes up on groundwar.

Sorry to take things a bit off topic, but if I were to buy this game tomorrow on PS4 and put the disc in at about 5:30pm with an 80mbit download speed would I actually be playing it at a decent hour that night or am I looking at Thursday? Up until Black Ops 2 I bought all of them for the campaign with no real interest in multiplayer so hoping to fly through it in time for Death Stranding.

10 hours ago, Wallace said:

I'll need to find out how to add mukkers on this. I'm getting COD4 vibes but most are on PlayStation nowadays. 

I’m on Xbone. PIR8 reunion?

@Commander Jameson too?

39 minutes ago, Wincho said:

I’m on Xbone. PIR8 reunion?

@Commander Jameson too?

I've still got my XB1, but haven't played anything on there for a while now. Getting free time in a evening is tricky, sadly. From the videos I've seen though, it does look very close to what COD4 was.

9 hours ago, deerokus said:

Yeah, that's my least favourite too when it comes to TDM - it's not too bad for the objective based modes as they force the players to focus but, of course, it only ever comes up as TDM in my rotations. 

Nipping about on the quad bikes saves some legwork though... 

13 hours ago, Kevvy Metal said:

aaaah...it’s not a true COD launch till IainGamer complains profusely about it! 

Glad to be of service :D 

I live playing all CODs eventually.  Tried again last night and played hardcore modes.  Enjoyed this a little bit. Only because I kept creeping around and camping.  

I think they need to fix the sound on this,  add a lot more maps for FFA, add hardcore mode for FFA and it could become a much better game.

Gun Fight or whatever it's called is brilliant. So simple, and something which could've been done 20 years ago, yet so fun.

10 hours ago, deerokus said:

I really like that. I cleared out the main rooms under the dome and held for ten minutes just using audio cues and claymores. 

COD's best rusher of all time - Sandy Ravage - has had to switch up his gameplay and is still having fun, so I'm sure all those hating that they can't run around like headless chicken with a shotgun can adapt and still enjoy what this game has to offer.

Anyways, here's a video of him complaining about the tanks in Ground War.  I think I agree with him - that mode would be infinitely better without them in it.  I've also included another vid of how to abuse tanks in ground war - which I've seen many people do.

2 hours ago, Pob said:

Gun Fight or whatever it's called is brilliant. So simple, and something which could've been done 20 years ago, yet so fun.

What is it?

12 minutes ago, Stanley said:

What is it?

2v2, small maps, no respawning, different weapon/item combos on each round, first team to 6 wins. So the rounds are very short and sharp.

• Upvote 2

I haven't played Spec Ops yet, but apparently and updated version of Scrapyard is in there - one of my favourite MW2 maps.  Not really sure why they don't just add it into the 6v6, TDM and Dom map rotations already.

image.thumb.png.5fff8baa92d811ebe390421f38e0e89a.png

• Upvote 2