rllmuk
djbhammer

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

Well still persevering and FFA is just broken with camping winning every time.  I don’t buy the whole keeping an area secure rubbish.  They just sit at the same part of the map until finally killed then do the same somewhere else.  Just rubbish. 

Hardcore on other modes is better and can understand the teamwork element.  It is just a bit boring as you spend ages just waiting.  

Cant believe this is the first COD ever that I wont eventually like. 

loved the campaign. But online just a broken game 

• Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Free For All was always a bit pish. I am sure there are 'campers' on that.

No where near this man.  This is camperville.  Even Eurogamer has called it out. 

• Downvote 2

I'm really not seeing it in the team modes which is all I play. The game is clearly designed around that. Someone 'camping'? Flash or smoke him out and let your teammate kill him. Easy. All the strong buildings have so many entrances. Smoke grenades are really effective. Check your corners. 

34 kills 13 deaths on hq in gun runner there with a 13 kill streak (and not camping, just playing the objective well). never thought I'd be getting decent k/d on a cod ever again. The PKM is a beast, reminds me of the RPD in CoD4 in that it's really deadly at all ranges but no one seems to use it. 

• Upvote 1

We are playing search and destroy almost exclusively as a 3-4 man team and it is absolutely fantastic. I really enjoy the one life rounds. It's unbelievably tactical if you want it to be.

Still enjoying the standard marksman rifle (up to level 40) and the last shotgun.

Tried the riot shield also last night which is quite fun..

I have it on PC :p 

Im loving it, I hate run and gun , sort of adapted to it in Blops because I had to, but this is much more like it for me.

Trying a hybrid play technique atm with careful movement. Still getting masacred by jumpy twitch shooty lads, don't know what they are all complaining about.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, skittles said:

Tried the riot shield also last night which is quite fun..

I've been trying just using the M4 and keeping the riot shield on my back so it's harder to get shot in the back.

I need to get my sniper upgraded because it's useless at first. 

This game is great. Multiplayer is a lot of fun, campaign was great. It's defo worthy of the Modern Warfare title.

Finally got to play this last night. 

Played for an hour and a half and realised... this is not fun. Why am i playing this over battlefield. Wait, theres a reason i have not been playing this franchise for years.

Although i will give it a few more hours and see if the other game modes click  and finish the campaign. Its getting sold if it doesnt click.

Also, the lag was fucking atrocious when i played my small stint. Players freezing in place and the like. Im playing on X on a 50mbps connection so fuck knows what is going on. Add in that i kept getting put in 6 vs 2 matches (me being in the 2) that were heavily behind. And i dont want to even comment on the fact everyone is camping. I thought people might be over exaggerating, but yup. Whenever i thought i could move i was dead. Whenever i camped i could get high k/d. No cunt plays the objective.

I can see some resemblance of fun here but it needs major changes. 

• Upvote 1

39 kills 7 deaths on St Petersburg Domination. Moving around constantly (but smartly) with a shotgun (and some help from two Vtol jets, brilliant killstreak). Playing the objectives too. Best fun I have had in cod in years. Admittedly using the r9-0 shotgun which feels maybe a bit too effective, it's glorious, like I'm playing DOOM haha. 

But it's all campers amirite. 

• Upvote 2

I just played my first few games of CoD since MW2 and I thought it was great fun. I put tons of hours in to the original CoD4 and this feels reminiscent. Obviously its been a long time and I've exclusively played Destiny for the last 5 years so my point of reference is long way from this but it felt like theres a pretty good tactical game here if you can get in the right team.

Campaign looks fucking glorious too.

Tried Spec Ops last night.  Man, that shit is difficult / unfair if you're lone wolfing it.  The map in that mode seems so big, I'm wondering why they didn't just use that for a Battle Royale mode.

I managed my biggest streak (16) yesterday on Gun Runner Dom - definitely my favourite map so far.  I've also unlocked bouncing betties now - much more fun than claymores.

I only hate one map so far - the one with the windmill/warheads/church.  It's the only one I back out of.

23 hours ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

Finally got to play this last night. 

Played for an hour and a half and realised... this is not fun. Why am i playing this over battlefield. Wait, theres a reason i have not been playing this franchise for years.

Although i will give it a few more hours and see if the other game modes click  and finish the campaign. Its getting sold if it doesnt click.

Also, the lag was fucking atrocious when i played my small stint. Players freezing in place and the like. Im playing on X on a 50mbps connection so fuck knows what is going on. Add in that i kept getting put in 6 vs 2 matches (me being in the 2) that were heavily behind. And i dont want to even comment on the fact everyone is camping. I thought people might be over exaggerating, but yup. Whenever i thought i could move i was dead. Whenever i camped i could get high k/d. No cunt plays the objective.

I can see some resemblance of fun here but it needs major changes. 

I love how this ancient meme is still appropriate. I think I first saw this when I used to play Unreal Tournament over dialup:

fsw_vaderowned.jpg?w=584

• Upvote 8

So I’ve got some time to play this morning. I boot up the PS4 and it forces a download. Ok it’s only 1.7gb. I wait. Then it spends (so far) 20 minutes ‘copying’. This drives me spare. Why can’t it just do this in the background? Why sit there and wait till I want to play to update the thing. Is there a setting I’m missing? Every option in automatic downloads is switched on.

My number one hate about the PS4 is it acting like a computer. Just don’t. I only wanted to shoot some shit for 30 mins. That time is now gone staring at a progress bar. 

• Empathy 3

Enjoying this so far although I think I need to team up as it’s rubbish playing solo.

add me for Xbox: ‘Boggle Eye Joe’. 

I can usually get on for a good session Friday and Saturday nights one the kids are in bed.

2 hours ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Well, fuck. How depressing. Fun while it lasted.

Why don't all these whining, entitled, man children just play the last BLOPS if that has all the nonsense that they want?

Instead of wanting IW to make this, far more interesting, COD exactly like the one they already have? I'll be very, very  disappointed if IW dilute this to make it easier for those dickheads as this is the most fun I've had with a FPS since the Titanfall games...

• Upvote 3