rllmuk
djbhammer

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

As a package This is quite simply the best cod imo. Gunfight has become an addiction. Domination on these new maps is just excellent.  It rewards skill and tactical play  finally, not headless chicken quake play. 

• Upvote 7

Played all day again and will be on until midnight, it really is tremendous. Filtered my playlist so I'm only getting objective based games - Domination, Kill Confirmed and CyberAttack are all amazing and make the maps play completely differently.

My default loadout is the KILO 141 assault rifle with all five slots filled and a n00b tube on the under-barrel (only one shot but gets refilled with the field upgrade), a perk to use a 725 shotgun as my secondary weapon (currently upgrading this, best range of all the shotguns), Claymores, Heartbeat Sensor, Ghost perk, and a perk that gives you an additional Claymore. Just having so much fucking fun with this build, the shotgun destroys up close and with a decent scope the KILO gets me plenty of long distance kills. Totally doable to lock an area down for the duration of a match, defending on Domination with the shotgun and Claymores is so gnarly and messy. Love it.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Mike S said:

Why don't all these whining, entitled, man children just play the last BLOPS if that has all the nonsense that they want?

Instead of wanting IW to make this, far more interesting, COD exactly like the one they already have? I'll be very, very  disappointed if IW dilute this to make it easier for those dickheads as this is the most fun I've had with a FPS since the Titanfall games...

It'll be really shit if they bring the red dots back on the map, I'm all for getting rid of the map entirely. Use your ears, the compass, cues from your team and your intuition to get kills. The devs should dig their heels in and ignore feedback from just one week of play, I hate it when any developer loses their cool and gets led by the nose by their playerbase. It dilutes their vision and ends up being this scrappy, messy design by committee on a massive scale. Players should trust the developers to do their jobs and make the game they want to make. I follow bands where they've allowed their fans to direct the album and it always ends up horribly. Same with games.

I did think how depressing it must have been for Infinity Ward to be on the receiving end of this madness after they'd spent so much time and effort making this amazing game. Only out for a fucking week and the internet is soaking its collective knickers because they can't get easy killstreaks anymore. Fuck me.

• Upvote 3

Borrowed the game and spent the past 6 hours or so playing through the campaign. Definitely a return to form, i cant believe how good the graphics/cut scenes are even on a standard ps4.

Doubt ill bother with any of the multiplayer stuff though before i give it back..

11 hours ago, Uncle Nasty said:

It'll be really shit if they bring the red dots back on the map, I'm all for getting rid of the map entirely. Use your ears, the compass, cues from your team and your intuition to get kills. The devs should dig their heels in and ignore feedback from just one week of play, I hate it when any developer loses their cool and gets led by the nose by their playerbase. It dilutes their vision and ends up being this scrappy, messy design by committee on a massive scale. Players should trust the developers to do their jobs and make the game they want to make. I follow bands where they've allowed their fans to direct the album and it always ends up horribly. Same with games.

I did think how depressing it must have been for Infinity Ward to be on the receiving end of this madness after they'd spent so much time and effort making this amazing game. Only out for a fucking week and the internet is soaking its collective knickers because they can't get easy killstreaks anymore. Fuck me.

I'm doing really badly at this (0.72 K/D) but still loving it. More importantly I'm learning the maps, which should make me up my game a bit. I'm still convinced there's some cheating going on, people just seem to know where I'll be and have it scoped in as soon as I turn a corner. You'd almost think they had put the time in and learned the maps.

I'm only like 2 levels away, but I really can't wait to unlock the Pointman perk at level 49.  You are basically rewarded for playing the objectives - capping flags, collecting tags, assists, etc - and scores will now contribute to getting streaks.  Perfect for Dom, Kill Confirmed and Ground War.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sbrandon111 said:

, people just seem to know where I'll be and have it scoped in as soon as I turn a corner. You'd almost think they had put the time in and learned the maps.

Headphones. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Battlefield 1 was ruined by the devs paying too much attention to YouTubers. Hopefully it doesn't happen here. 

1 hour ago, Omizzay said:

I'm only like 2 levels away, but I really can't wait to unlock the Pointman perk at level 49.  You are basically rewarded for playing the objectives - capping flags, collecting tags, assists, etc - and scores will now contribute to getting streaks.  Perfect for Dom, Kill Confirmed and Ground War.

Didn't know about this but sounds perfect, do you know which slot it goes in?

Spending another glorious day on this today, going to see how far I can level the 725 shotgun.

I think it's excellent. I understand the complaints about campers, but the 'battle chatter' helps once you know the maps and there are some tools you can use to help with it a bit too (plus the kill cam). 

Overall I'm happy. Even enjoying the campaign in an 'Uncharted walking-sim' kind of way. But for the set pieces rather than the story, the subject matter of which I'm not sure is handled especially well. 

15 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Didn't know about this but sounds perfect, do you know which slot it goes in?

In the highly competitive Perk 2 slot, where I usually run Restock or Ghost.

4 minutes ago, Omizzay said:

In the highly competitive Perk 2 slot, where I usually run Restock or Ghost.

Oof, I have Ghost in there too, tough call.

18 hours ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Well, fuck. How depressing. Fun while it lasted.

Agree with this guy totally. I'd hate to see Infinity Ward make some kneejerk fix for the jet pack fan boys. As he said above, I made a purchase based on the Beta and the style of game. If they then patch (fuck over) the game into something else its akin to a motor manufacture changing all the main characteristics of a car you've test driven on the day of delivery.

Just leave it as it is... I don't have an issue with anything in the game. I play a mix of Domination, HQ and TDM and even with TDM I don't have an issue with spawns. Being that I've not touched COD for nearly 7 years if they fuck up this release with knee jerk patches I'll never buy a COD game again.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, deerokus said:

Battlefield 1 was ruined by the devs paying too much attention to YouTubers. Hopefully it doesn't happen here. 

There was a load of b/s with BF V in the first few weeks of release too, it was like they had no clear strategy for issues they just randomly fucked with things.

1 hour ago, dvdx2 said:

Enjoying it ok, but wtf am up against guys at level 94 starting off?

That's just how much they've played. I think the matchmaking is skill based so they're probably shite. 

• Upvote 1

Such a good time on this last night. Threw a grenade over a wall on Hackney Yard and got my first triple kill and a popcorn notification, simple and sad, but as addictive as crack.

• Upvote 1

Best sesh ever last night, this has bought out some of the real old Xbox Live degenerates on my list from the early bird days. 

The nightime goggle maps had us all in a reminisci-package of the Rainbow Six days of yore.

Loving it.

1 hour ago, grindmouse said:

Any one try playing this crossplay with friends on xbox-ps4? Does it work easy enough with mics and everything?

Yep. There is some sort of bug where some people don't get added properly if their Activision name is in the wrong format for some reason, which is solved by changing the Activision name if this applies (even just to what it already is). It's supposed to have a string of numbers on the end. 

• Upvote 2

I'm maining the 725 shotgun now with Overkill and the KILO 141 as my secondary weapon. The 725 easily has enough range for a one-shot kill across a wide street, unless they're sniping you'll always get the kill before they even pull the trigger. It's wonderfully brutal. At close range, forget about it, no matter what they're carrying you're going to win. You don't even need to be ADS, just a hipfire blast to the body is enough to bag a kill.

On Domination on St. Petrograd, the B flag is a brilliant spot for defending if you go to the upstairs windows overlooking the street above the flag. Defend the stairs with mines/claymores to stop anyone rushing you, the 725 will reach the opposite windows for a one shot kill and you can easily kill whoever is trying to take the base in one shot. You can feel the rage and fuming when they come back for a revenge kill and run straight into your mines or another shotgun blast to the gut. Everytime I take that spot I can bring in all three killstreaks - Counter UAV, Gun Turret, VTOL. Try it.:hat:

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Totally agree. 

That clip of the 'pro' guy whining that he wanted red dots as all he does is see red dots on his map, go finds them, then gets his scorestreak was irritating as hell as that sounds a truly boring way to play. As you say this new build offers loads of environmental awareness whether it be the avatar calling out enemies (which works both ways of course), the louder footsteps, the other players shouting out enemy locations, etc, etc and that's not even including the various perks assists. Red dot chasing is idiotic.

Anyways, couple of gripes. After a 128 Gb install and a couple of 7 or 8 Gb patches in the last week it is really disappointing that the PC version still carries the day one bugs - the text, chat box persisting on screen if I should even accidentally press the chat key, a weird bug that randomly sees all game text, HUD etc disappear and which requires a hard shutdown of the game. Those are nothing compared to mission objectives being randomly wiped though. I amn playing a few of the MP missions just to encourage me to play with a wider range of weapons and so on.

I'd been happily working through the various weapons one until the 'get 30 kills with pistol' mission which slowed me right down as pistol is so boring to play with. This meant I'd only use it a few times per match and, hence, it took ages to work through. Up to about 25 kills of 30 I equipped an optical sight that I'd earned and, without warning, it seems that reset my tally to zero. Possibly as the next mission is 30 kills with an optical sight equipped pistol. It has really pissed me off as it took days of whittling away at that mission using a weapon I hate. Since then, and even with the sight removed, my tally will not move beyond zero so I'm abandoning the mission. First world problems, etc...

I've alos just been placed into a queue to join battlenet then a queue to join the game (not an MP game, just the game itself) as the servers are , ap[apparently, under heavy load. Which seems a little amateurish.

Outside of those few gripes the gunplay remains absolutely magnificent. 

The video stutter on pc is fucking shit

supposedly working on a fix 

Apparently, the PC update was datamined and there are supposedly 38 free maps coming!!!!  Here's a breakdown:

Gunfight: (5 Maps)

- Cage (mp_m_cage)

- Cargo (mp_m_cargo)

- Hook (mp_m_hook)

- Exclusion Zone (mp_m_exclusion)

image.png.9f082598f10c8755dd81cca66d682277.png

- Shoot House (mp_m_speed)

image.png.af25802ff3c8458778e47646b965fadf.png

6v6/10v10: (30 Maps)

- Aniyah Tac (mp_aniyah_tac)

- Crash (mp_crash2)

- Dam (mp_dam)

- Krovnik Farmland (mp_farms2)

- Gulag (mp_gulag)

- Hospital (mp_hospital)

- Layover (mp_layover)

- Lowline (mp_lowline)

- Lumber (mp_lumber)

- Malyshev (mp_malyshev)

- Milbase (mp_millbase)

- Oasis (mp_oasis)

- Port (mp_port2)

- Prison (mp_prison)

- Rivne (mp_rivne)

- Shipment (mp_shipment)

- Shipment (Day) (mp_shipment_am)

- Shipment (Night) (mp_shipment_pm)

- Slums (mp_slums)

- Stadium (mp_stadium)

- Sub Base (mp_subbase_lm)

- Super (mp_super)

- Urzikstan (mp_syrkistan)

- Torez (mp_torez)

- Transit (mp_transit)

- TV Station (mp_tvstation)

- Faridah (mp_faridah)

image.png.21a7d2054276ee937a33879dbe757102.png

- Rust (mp_rust)

image.png.1d672c6d3694dc6f59887fa7dbcee1c6.png

- Takedown (mp_takedown)

image.png.935ca8b62aac145d2c0be9a40358ed72.png

- Borderline (mp_borderline)

image.png.93a39182127bdc41f0ddb926f7ea14bf.png

Ground War: (1 Map)

- Smetna Farms (mp_farms2_gw) – Callouts: Hay Storage, Launchers, Central Barn, Silos, and Windmills

Other: (2 Maps)

- Gun Course (mp_t_gun_course): Make your way through the course as fast as possible while clearing all enemy targets and avoiding civilian casualties.

- Marksman Range (mp_t_sn_reflex)

That is an absolute shit ton of content!  Even the remakes are a great selection (though I really wish Afghan was included).  Hopefully a BR mode will also be added early 2020 and then this could well be the best COD of all time - unless they royally fuck up the season pass system with pay to win weapons.

• Upvote 1

I am loving this game. I was wondering what everyones favourite loadouts and attachments / perks are.

I tried something different last night based on a spec some guy out on YT. Make a huge difference for speed, I'll post it here.