Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

djbhammer

On 02/11/2019 at 19:12, Mike S said:

Why don't all these whining, entitled, man children just play the last BLOPS if that has all the nonsense that they want?

Instead of wanting IW to make this, far more interesting, COD exactly like the one they already have? I'll be very, very  disappointed if IW dilute this to make it easier for those dickheads as this is the most fun I've had with a FPS since the Titanfall games...

Its fine to think its shite though. 

Also the game does have a weapon balance and camping problem, fuck im not even a CoD regular and i can see the massive issues. 

I have went from liking the beta to hating it to liking it again. My solution, Hardcore objective modes. 

(Although i keep questioning my sanity when BF exists and that is better at objective based modes by some margin, every iteration)

You're never going to cure camping in a shooter like this. In fact it's seen as a legitimate strategy in Battlefield games so "camping" to hold a point in domination is a worthwhile strategy in my opinion. 

This is the best CoD in years. Yes it's frustrating when you die a lot, but that's mostly down to other people knowing the maps better and getting the first shot in. They should have put a beginner playlist restricted to levels 1 to 15 or something to give people new to the game a fighting chance to get to grips with the maps and game modes etc.

What really annoys me is the streamers and youtubers moaning that the game is crap when all they want is an easy game to rack up ridiculous killstreaks to make them look good in their videos. 

If people don't like the game then they don't have to play it, lots of different games out there.

The camping I’ve experienced isn’t notably worse than any other COD, but because everyone considers it an issue, what I have begun to notice is that even teams of randoms are sticking together more now. TDM really is TDM rather than six lone wolves vs six lone wolves.

Its OK to admit your enjoying it and likewise to say that you’re not - most of us here can articulate ourselves well enough to form a fair argument even if we don’t all have the same perspective.

if you can’t see what the issues or problems are - count yourself fortunate to be amongst the target audience for the game, but at the same time you must have doubts about the longevity of the game in its current state.

And that’s Ok, because we know COD games last a year tops. Lots of players don’t stick it the whole year, quite often the more casual players will move onto another game. 

the reason much of the community is vocal is because they are usually the ones who show their loyalty and play the game for the full year. It’s fair to say that the current approach of trying to build the game around the players who probably won’t be there for the long haul has irked some long term dedicated players of the franchise. 

Personally, I’ve tried to keep my criticism to

a minimum - the game has turned out precisely how the developers intended, for better or worse. 

Again i think what fuels the vocal criticism is that at its core there is a distinctly immersive and engaging FPS buried amongst some archaic and naive game design. Fortunately there’s hope it can be shaped into something more enjoyable for every play style. 

Its the best COD for ages. I'm genuinely enjoying it. Yeah it gets frustrating at  times. But then I;m also not striving to be the best COD player in the world.  There are some annoying aspects, mainly caused by players rather than the game; e.g. Domination being used asa K/D opportunity rather than actually trying to cap any flags. But on the whole its really good,

And so much better for the slightly slower pace and more tactical play. Its no good people wishing for the series to maintain the direction it was going in. The series deperately needed to change because sales were going down the toilet

I don’t really get the complaints. Any game that rewards kill streaks is going to suffer from camping. I get the same frustration with people ignoring objectives in BF as I get in this. Much of my annoyance with the game comes from when I’m playing alone and there is no communication going on. 

The annoyances are very similar to the annoyances from MW2. For example, weapons aren't so much balanced as so many are overpowered that it sort of levels out and you can enjoy using whatever. They just add to the fun. The shooting is so good and the gameplay so fun that they don't matter to me, I have genuinely not been frustrated with it at all unlike every entry I have played after the last really good one, Black Ops 2. 

They better not change it to pander to the folk who seem to want to play it like Quake.  And seriously I haven't seen any notable amount of camping, anyone who tries it in any game I have played gets dealt with very quickly. Maybe the campers just aren't killing me? It's weird. 

Just fix the dodgy spawning in certain modes (TDM for example), tone down the shotguns (can't believe I am saying that haha) and do something about the appalling Aniyah Palace map. 

Surely we have enough players to have a few private games, given cross play and all. 

I think i would have a better time if i actually played with some people having a laugh and chatting. As im constantly playing on my own.,

3 hours ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

Its fine to think its shite though. 

Also the game does have a weapon balance and camping problem, fuck im not even a CoD regular and i can see the massive issues. 

I have went from liking the beta to hating it to liking it again. My solution, Hardcore objective modes. 

(Although i keep questioning my sanity when BF exists and that is better at objective based modes by some margin, every iteration)

I didn't say it's not fine to think it's shite and I don;t think anyone else did either.

I do think it's incredibly tiresome to hear of all these kids bitching and whining because a game isn't exactly the same as a game they already have. I have no idea why they don't stick to BLOPS or whatever turn them on. and leave those that are very much enjoying this to carry on doing so.  I mean, I thought the last BLOPS was very poor compared to this and have always hated BF games but would consider it rather futile to go online and into, for example, threads dedicated to said games, just to complain that it is not like an FPS that I do like. I just didn't play them - it's not too difficult. 

I haven't seen any weapon balance issues, nothing like in BLOPS for sure, and camping has not been a problem for me. If someone is camping then they are really easy to mop up after they kill you once. I mostly play objective modes though, and a bit of TDM/KC, and in such modes 'camping' is actually controlling. It's not cheap or 'broken' as others have suggested, it is tactical. The biggest improvement to balancing is in the killstreaks which are now nothing like the over powered game wrecking score streaks of the last COD.  Now they are reasonably easy to avoid/defeat, and don't last anything like as long which means we can all concentrate on gunplay. That's a huge balance improvement to me..

Anyways, I reamin annoyed at the numerous bugs in the PC version most notably the Missions not tracking. I spent last night working towards the 50 or so Ghost perk kills needed for one mission only to have not one of the thirty odd kills I registered count.  It's dispiriting.

2 hours ago, kthxbliz said:

at its core there is a distinctly immersive and engaging FPS buried amongst some archaic and naive game design

What archaic and naive game design?

I am having zero issues in finding immersion and engagement exactly as it stands and would have to wholeheartedly disagree with your suggestion that the developers meld the game to suit an audience that will be there regardless and who have been served pretty much the same style of COD for years and years now.  I have no idea how you come to the conclusion that IW have tried to develop a game for players who won't be around for the lifespan of the game - the casuals I guess you mean? It's not like this is dumbed down or simplified in any significant way..

9 hours ago, idiwa said:

Sorry to be blunt, but why the fuck are you playing this? Every post I've read since release your not happy with X, this is broken that's fucked and more campers than a summer sale at Millets. 

If it's not doing anything for you, if you get zero enjoyment stop playing it. Life's too short. 

It's the same with the launch of every COD game, like literally all the same. The same shit-posting complaints to a hilarious degree all about the same things. 

I'd link but that's a bit creepy. But yes, it's not a new COD launch without the IG posts!  

1 hour ago, Omizzay said:

I only have one complaint - my guy seeing an enemy while I sneak up on him and screaming CONTACT! or ENEMY OVER THERE!

They need to remove that shit asap.

I believe that is being removed. Or at least hearing the enemy's call out is. It's a bit silly. 

2 hours ago, max renn said:

Got tired of being beaten up last night so went for the Heavy Support class (Riot Shield & LMG) omg it's amazing.

The first LMG ia my favoutite gun. Dont see many using it. I like it stripped down with no attachements

Put my PS4 in rest mode so it downloads quicker. Now I only have 37gb / 8hours to go. 

I put the disc in at 2pm

Can only imagine the Christmas day rows this game is going to cause :lol:

But seriously why can't I play the campaign? Spec ops? Anything? I can play a 1 v 1 on a tiny map and that's it. 

All digital future my arse

I can't get why camping is such an issue. Some do it , some don't. I'll change play from game to game, doesn't make me invincible if I'm dug in for a bit, and killing someone who's decided to do it is so much sweeter than a regular kill.

2 hours ago, Mike S said:

What archaic and naive game design?

I am having zero issues in finding immersion and engagement exactly as it stands and would have to wholeheartedly disagree with your suggestion that the developers meld the game to suit an audience that will be there regardless and who have been served pretty much the same style of COD for years and years now.  I have no idea how you come to the conclusion that IW have tried to develop a game for players who won't be around for the lifespan of the game - the casuals I guess you mean? It's not like this is dumbed down or simplified in any significant way..

And I’m pleased that’s the case for you, evidently many of the somewhat bizarre changes haven’t bothered you or you haven’t noticed them.

I would be happy to list a few? I’m not trying to spoil anyone’s enjoyment here.

Also the developers have plainly admitted the goal this year, you can watch them here:

I’m all for the game being more inclusive, and I’m all for a fresh approach and changing things up. I’m not saying it’s easy to make a game that’s accessible for new players and deep enough for hardcore fans, but I feel this game is one step forward and two steps back. 

8 minutes ago, kthxbliz said:

And I’m pleased that’s the case for you, evidently many of the somewhat bizarre changes haven’t bothered you or you haven’t noticed them.

I would be happy to list a few? I’m not trying to spoil anyone’s enjoyment here.

Please do as I strongly suspect that changes you consider detrimental (IT'S NOT BLOPS ANYMORE!) I would consider to be significant improvements. 

I'd also genuinely like to hear what is 'deep' about, say, the last BLOPs? Preferably without the 'oh, you must be a casual' tone if you could?

Absolutely loving this tonight. My set up is working lovely. I can run around a plenty and get good aiming speed. And I’m using the RPG to flush out the campers. Got 3 kills at once in Hackney within 20 secs of the level starting. Glorious.

Hackney Yard is a great map. Had a fun game on there earlier: obviously just campers everywhere tho amirite. 

The feature where you get a few seconds of the mic of the person you killed is fun, some guy kept making a weird groan on this one :lol:

Map design is a problem, the huge number of places you might be shot from in combination with the very fast TTK makes any sort of movement very hard.

Some maps, like Picadelly makes for some horribly boring gameplay in TDM (only mode I play apart from Ground War) with most matches ending due to the time limit rather than the number of kills.

Most maps also makes it way too easy to spawn trap the other team with spawn switching almost never happening. My "best" score came from sitting behind a container on Hackney Yard with a LMG killing people as they emerged from their spawn. High k/d yes but boring gameplay for both me and them.

My main issue is that this is the sort of gameplay that is rewarded right now and people, I included, love their k/d ratio.

Haven't had a single problem with campers but then I don't play team deathmatch. It's all about the objective games.

I absolutely LOVE holding the shop window in Piccadilly, got up to a 17 kill streak yesterday, first time ever. Marksman rifle, claymores, shotgun. Absolute blast.

Has anyone played hardcore mode yet? What is it about?

edit: not sure if fun or not.. https://gameranx.com/features/id/185744/article/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-how-to-play-hardcore-mode-multiplayer-guide/