Jump to content
rllmuk
djbhammer

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

Recommended Posts

Working through the challenges and my current task is to get headshots in TDM. Ugh. I can see why people are complaining if all they play is TDM, compared to the objective based games this is a soulless, pointless and empty grind. With the objective based games there is tension, flow, drama and laughs, TDM is just bland. I cannot see any point to this mode whatsoever, there's no joy or excitement to it at all.

 

Anyone complaining about camping is playing TDM for sure. I just hope their feedback doesn't contaminate the other modes which are beautifully balanced.

 

Can't wait for this challenge to be over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Contrariwise I mostly play TDM and find it to be where CoD is at its best. Halo and Battlefield play a better objective based game for my money. TDM is no more a 'soulless, pointless empty grind' than any other mode in my experience - certainly full of tension too. It is a different skill set though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah TDM doesn't work too well in this one, there's a lack of flow and focus to it which makes it a bit dull and irritating at times.  Although weirdly I tend to do better at TDM than most of the objective modes. 

 

Games like MW/MW2 and Black Ops 2 had that mode spot on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just ordered a One X. 

 

Do we think the standard version of MW will drop in price for Black Friday? I'm not fan of these uber editions...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, Nein said:

I've just ordered a One X. 

 

Do we think the standard version of MW will drop in price for Black Friday? I'm not fan of these uber editions...

Someone said the Playstation blog had indicated the standard edition would be discounted on the Friday, but I can't remember which thread, I'll see if I can find it. If it's true (and the PSN/Xbox sales do pretty much line up) then it might be on Xbox.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad parent question upcoming. My kids are bugging me looking this for Christmas, "all our friends have it", etc. you know the drill. Minded to decline, but then again, never did me any harm *twitches*.

Just how extreme is the content? Can you filter any of it? I read somewhere you can shoot a baby?! That seems fucked even by CoD standards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not suitable for children really. The graphic depiction of people being shot or blown up is present throughout the campaign and MP and the baby is a hostage in the scene you mention - you can shoot it accidentally and then the game says 'mission failed'. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

Found the link but it looks like they've removed any reference to the standard edition. That's odd.


Thanks for checking. 
 

Is there any benefit to buying one of the premium editions? I don’t care about cosmetics or unlocking weapons early. 
 

Is there any kind of battle pass upcoming that’s already included in one of the versions? 
 

I am trying to look into this myself but I’m work and it’s awkward!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been a while since I've tried to get into COD online, having loved MW 1 and 2 and started drifting off from 3 onwards. 

 

I know it has always been the way, but the way the progression system ties weapons, upgrades and perks to more experienced players is starting to grate.  It is hard enough trying to get into a competitive online game but to have weapons, upgrades and perks locked until you've played more makes the early hours really feel like you are just cannon fodder for the more experienced players. If anything, the better you get the more reduced your access weapons, perks and upgrades should be. In 2019, there must be a better system than just grinding up for hours to unlock a red dot or different gun or perk. 

 

I've been playing a bit of Ground War and it is incredibly frantic which is fun but there seems to be loads of deaths from helicopters, air strikes and snipers.  Much more than what I remember from MW1 and 2. It is probably my poor skills but the snipers also seem really over powered.  I only have to poke my head out and I'm instantly killed by someone half way across the map.  

 

I might try some of the other modes to see if they are slightly calmer. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Nein said:


Thanks for checking. 
 

Is there any benefit to buying one of the premium editions? I don’t care about cosmetics or unlocking weapons early. 
 

Is there any kind of battle pass upcoming that’s already included in one of the versions? 
 

I am trying to look into this myself but I’m work and it’s awkward!

 

Just digital items, except the enhanced one has 3000 CoD moonbuck$ included, which probably won't be enough to buy the Season Pass although I don't think there's a price for that yet so don't quote me.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, moosegrinder said:

 

Just digital items, except the enhanced one has 3000 CoD moonbuck$ included, which probably won't be enough to buy the Season Pass although I don't think there's a price for that yet so don't quote me.

 

Ah. Ok. Where did I get it from that the maps are going to be free? :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nein said:

 

Ah. Ok. Where did I get it from that the maps are going to be free? :(

 

Oh they are, I didn't mean Season Pass I'm just used to typing it it seems. All post release content in that respect is free, sorry.  It's just cosmetics and the 'battle pass' you pay for.

Also I just mistyped cosmetics as "costmetics" and I wonder why no-one has coined that yet.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, McCoy said:

It's been a while since I've tried to get into COD online, having loved MW 1 and 2 and started drifting off from 3 onwards. 

 

I know it has always been the way, but the way the progression system ties weapons, upgrades and perks to more experienced players is starting to grate.  It is hard enough trying to get into a competitive online game but to have weapons, upgrades and perks locked until you've played more makes the early hours really feel like you are just cannon fodder for the more experienced players. If anything, the better you get the more reduced your access weapons, perks and upgrades should be. In 2019, there must be a better system than just grinding up for hours to unlock a red dot or different gun or perk. 

 

I've been playing a bit of Ground War and it is incredibly frantic which is fun but there seems to be loads of deaths from helicopters, air strikes and snipers.  Much more than what I remember from MW1 and 2. It is probably my poor skills but the snipers also seem really over powered.  I only have to poke my head out and I'm instantly killed by someone half way across the map.  

 

I might try some of the other modes to see if they are slightly calmer. 

 

Most of the more popular weapons, perks and load outs are all available early in the progression system. 

 

For reference: M4 assault rifle, 725 shotgun, overkill perk, claymore mines. Resupply ammo crate as your field upgrade and you’re as sweaty as any max level player within 15 levels or

so :)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got this a couple of days ago and am absolutely loving it. Loved the first MW, loved the second even more and then the rot set in.

 

Definitely the best campaign since 2, Piccadilly Circus was bonkers. Might even give multiplayer a go. I hear it’s popular.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really wish they had a FOV slider for consoles, like they do with PC.  I don't see why not, as they already do it to a certain degree when you use Dead Silence and it runs fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way they've nailed the loop of getting into games quickly, being instantly back on the playing field after death, a reward for everything that you do even if it's just an XP boost or a new camo, enough time between rounds for a quick tinker in Gunsmith to try a new scope or perk and then back into the chaos, it is completely and overwhelmingly engrossing. I almost forget to breathe playing this game. It just completely consumes you. Incredibly thrilling and satisfying gunplay. When stuff is exploding all around you, windows getting blown out, parked cars exploding from rocket fire, bodies flying past you from the amazing rag doll physics, the sound full of so much detail and percussion, it's a wild and spectacular ride every round. This is by far my favourite game this gen and it's not even close.

 

I just put a hybrid scope, blackout rounds, extended barrel, the wounding perk and a stabilising tripod for crouch and prone on my M13, this is a pure murder machine now. The hybrid scope lets you flick between near and far magnification, total game changer on larger maps and for attacking/defending on Domination. With the blackout rounds (silent, no bullet traces) they don't even know where they're being hit from until it's too late. Love it.

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The M13 is also deadly if you add all the recoil control attachments (including the last barrel you unlock). Laser accurate (but a bit more cumbersome). I have two different M13 classes depending on if I want to be sneaky or not. 

 

Playing with friends last night and ended up in some of those very camp-heavy matches some people seem to complain about. It's strange how that never really happens for me but often when in a party. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

The way they've nailed the loop of getting into games quickly, being instantly back on the playing field after death, a reward for everything that you do even if it's just an XP boost or a new camo, enough time between rounds for a quick tinker in Gunsmith to try a new scope or perk and then back into the chaos, it is completely and overwhelmingly engrossing. I almost forget to breathe playing this game. It just completely consumes you. Incredibly thrilling and satisfying gunplay. When stuff is exploding all around you, windows getting blown out, parked cars exploding from rocket fire, bodies flying past you from the amazing rag doll physics, the sound full of so much detail and percussion, it's a wild and spectacular ride every round. This is by far my favourite game this gen and it's not even close.

 

I just put a hybrid scope, blackout rounds, extended barrel, the wounding perk and a stabilising tripod for crouch and prone on my M13, this is a pure murder machine now. The hybrid scope lets you flick between near and far magnification, total game changer on larger maps and for attacking/defending on Domination. With the blackout rounds (silent, no bullet traces) they don't even know where they're being hit from until it's too late. Love it.

 

 

I think the gun configurations are one of the best thing about this game. I mean i'm guessing its in the thousands of possbilities per gun (aside from handguns/lanchers). Playing around with what works before you it great. And its a real incentive to try and unlock more and more attachments/mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's definitely one of the big addictive pulls. And if you've not tried upgrading the handguns I recommend it - the .357 magnum has five slots so you can have a stock, snub nose, fast trigger, scope, and more that I can't remember.  If you do the challenges (not the dailys) there is an entire section for using specific weapons, in there there's one where you have to get 25 headshots with a handgun. I did it on the Shoothouse playlist. Intense but worth it. There are actual unique weapons as a reward, not just XP and camos. Addictive as hell.

 

I expected all the guns in a class to have the same mods and attachments, but there is variation depending on the model like the Blackout Rounds which I haven't seen on any of the other Assault Rifles apart from the M13. That keeps the interest up and makes another crazy additive rabbit hole to fall down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

I expected all the guns in a class to have the same mods and attachments, but there is variation depending on the model like the Blackout Rounds which I haven't seen on any of the other Assault Rifles apart from the M13. That keeps the interest up and makes another crazy additive rabbit hole to fall down.

Indeed - The M4 has no less that 3 different calibre of rounds you can fit (Standard 556, 9mm and SOCOM rounds)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.