rllmuk
djbhammer

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

Currently loving sniping on Shoot House. It gets people all rilled up. They then come to get you so just sit back with a short range weapon in hand to off them as they run at you.

Shoot House doesn't annoy me as much as I thought it would. Adaptation is the key to that one. The maps that really piss me off in Domination (which is what I mainly play) is Picadilly and the one with the bridge in the middle. Picadilly is a grey, cluttered fucking mess of a map. The bridge one ends up being a struggle for B and is just fucking dull as shit.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

The bridge one ends up being a struggle for B and is just fucking dull as shit.

If its a struggle for B its actually quite good, what gets me is when your team of sniping morons are all pushed back to your spawn and you end up getting blasted from orbit by gunships for the whole match.

Anyone else had trouble going online with this?

Yesterday it kept saying restart was necessary after update, it restarted then said and did the same thing over and over. Could inly play the campaign. 

4 hours ago, mexos said:

Currently loving sniping on Shoot House. It gets people all rilled up. They then come to get you so just sit back with a short range weapon in hand to off them as they run at you.

Add  some proximity mines for added rage, then top it off with the combat knife for pad destruction overload.

4 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Shoot House doesn't annoy me as much as I thought it would. Adaptation is the key to that one. The maps that really piss me off in Domination (which is what I mainly play) is Picadilly and the one with the bridge in the middle. Picadilly is a grey, cluttered fucking mess of a map. The bridge one ends up being a struggle for B and is just fucking dull as shit.

Shit Haus is quite enjoyable now, when it first came out I detested it. What boils my piss now is (and I should be horsewhipped for saying it..) Crash!

Such fond memories from COD4 but in this instance I'm just utter shit on it. I just can't get into my flow at all. Mostly Domination game type or Kill Confirmed.

9 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Do you mean the Afterlife medal? If so I've had it recently.

No, well I don't know if you get rewarded etc as I'm not that bothered other than daily challenges and missions.

You've lobbed a frag Hail Mary styleee down field just as someone caps you from behind. In the past there was always a chance you killed someone but now it never happens. I say Hail Mary but more accurately it's tossing it into a cluster of Tangos and you know you'll get one or more of them in your blast. #Matilda

Small maps don't usually do it for me but I'm completely hypnotised by Shoot House. I've done easily six hours on that map alone today and not touched any other mode. Usually I'm all about the objective based tactical modes on bigger maps, but there's something maddeningly addictive about Shoot House that keeps me coming back for more and more. It's hectic, chaotic, unfair, ridiculous and encourages some of the worst tactics imaginable, but god it is so funny and moreish. It's like a microcosm of a shooter, everything you've ever known crammed into this tiny playfield with far too many players and stupid amounts of explosives and air support, but somehow manages to be utterly compelling every round.

The only way I thought it could be improved would be the option to play your own music when you call in air support, like in MGSV. Can you imagine a VTOL hovering over the playfield and blasting out The Final Countdown as it unleashes hell on the players below?

Anyway, back to it.

• Upvote 1

Is there some sort of remedial matchmaking, bots or aim assist in this game? Because I am slaying it - every 1v1 feels like I’m shooting the AI from Goldeneye and have minutes to do it. Had a couple of Hardpoints and Free For All where I was carrying the game.

I can’t tell if Siege has just given me lightning headshot skills or I’m being a fool and playing with some form of stabiliser. I’ve never been this good at COD. 

New content incoming today: Vacant, Shipment, New 2v2 content, Dropzone, etc. 

Not really sure why they keep changing the maps though - I wasn't a big fan of the new "safe spaces" in Crash, and now it looks like people can go on top of the containers in Shipment.  Weird.

• Upvote 1

Would’ve preferred some MW2 maps: Estate, Terminal, Skidsrow) but happy we’re getting more updates

I’ve seen lots of complaints about the game from people who obviously love the shit COD’s where everything is bright colours and there are no tactics just run around gunning. Could explain why I’m doing well in matches and the usual COD audience are whining.

Still hate Hackney Yard.

32 minutes ago, DC Lemon said:

Shipment is fun. Stat-destroying fun. Enemies respawning in front of you again and again fun.

It is batshit mental.