rllmuk
djbhammer

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

3 hours ago, Dave White said:

The mk2 carbine on shipment is fucking brutal. Basically a 1 hit kill. Feels like quick scoping of old. 
tasty 

Week 1 - I said the MK2 is one of the best weapons in the game. It is incredible, especially when you get into the rythym of its reload.

I ended up uninstalling this last night. Bit of a weird one; I am enjoying it and I'm playing daily etc. I get in from work, and I just default to playing it without even thinking. It's become daily routine. 

So yeah, I've deleted it. I'll maybe go back to it. In the meantime I've got other stuff I should be taking care off.

Same here, hit it a couple of days ago, equipped the mara skin for a couple of matches and then switched back. 

I've managed to get skull camo on everything except two assault rifles, the aug and the shield. I can finish those guns off pretty quickly but I'm not sure how I'm going to do the riot shield. I had some success in hardcore by sliding in and meleeing but you need two blows in normal and I'm not sure that's going to work. 

Any riot shield experts?

Something has changed for the worse since the latest multiplayer patch. I don't know if our group has been bumped up to a higher level in matchmaking, but we are suddenly getting very much fucked on more than half of our games.

Also the spawns have got much more worse. It's now a handful of times in every match we get spawned in front of an enemy, or they are spawned behind us. Even in the small 2v2 grind mode I was getting spawned in front of the other players constantly. How does that happen, there's only 2 of them!! It's got to the point where I'm struggling to enjoy the game. Spawned to death instantly happens too often and it sucks since there's nothing you can do about it. 

11 minutes ago, U2031 said:

Any riot shield experts?

They're usually over there .

(points to dingy tunnel, that seems to almost suck in light and joy from the world. Inside are small crounching figures, the stench from them is so bad that is actually visible to the naked eye. Try to talk to them and they cower and grovel, and plead for thier lives, such is the level of their cowardice)

3 minutes ago, Mr Tony said:

Something has changed for the worse since the latest multiplayer patch. I don't know if our group has been bumped up to a higher level in matchmaking, but we are suddenly getting very much fucked on more than half of our games.

Also the spawns have got much more worse. It's not a handful of times in every match we get spawned in front of an enemy, or they are spawned behind us. Even in the small 2v2 grind mode I was getting spawned in front of the other players constantly. How does that happen, there's only 2 of them!! It's got to the point where I'm struggling to enjoy the game. Spawned to death instantly happens too often and it sucks since there's nothing you can do about it. 

And the Call of Duty wheel turns anew.

57 minutes ago, idiwa said:

I ended up uninstalling this last night. Bit of a weird one; I am enjoying it and I'm playing daily etc. I get in from work, and I just default to playing it without even thinking. It's become daily routine. 

So yeah, I've deleted it. I'll maybe go back to it. In the meantime I've got other stuff I should be taking care off.

Yeah me too.

I played Friday night and went to bed full of fuck, the habit has ceased to be fun..so I've started on Resident Evil 2 which is fab :)

@Mr Tony Something has definitely gone sideways since the patch I'm convinced the latency varies across game modes too.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Not long now until Black Ops 5 comes out and isn’t completely awful for a couple of months. So hyped.

8 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

5 minutes ago, max renn said:

@Mr Tony Something has definitely gone sideways since the patch I'm convinced the latency vary's across game modes too.

It's really fucked. I mean, look at this video from the past few days (Not mine)

https://old.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/f0aww9/they_really_fixed_the_spawn_system_best_spawn_ive/

On reflection I regret the tone of my previous post.

The thought of Rust/Shipment 24/7 does that to me.

Rust is GOAT.

I’ve been doing much worse in 1-on-1’s lately too. Still finish top 3 most games. Will probably grind a couple more BP levels tonight.

They announce Siege Year 5 next weekend. If that has a season long 100 level battle pass then I’ll need to sit out of MW. Doing both these last few weekends has been a nightmare - and I had to completely drop Apex and Fortnite.

I wonder if there’s justification or use for a GaaS general thread, although would people use it over the individual game threads? The purpose would be to compare value and discuss different approaches to passes, managing multiple passes etc. Maybe?

31 minutes ago, deerokus said:

I can't imagine many people play more than one such game at a time. 

Hmmm. I have 2-3 on the go when possible. They take preference over SP content.

I think there is probably value in a thread, where people can review various GaaS passes, MTX, in the context of other games - separate to the individual game threads. It would be more of a critical and informative thread. The MW thread is not really a place to compare the BP with other such games.

And if people are using multiple passes it might be useful to get feedback on which levels/unlocks are worth grinding for in each game so they can be better informed and plan their time.

2 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

Hmmm. I have 2-3 on the go when possible. They take preference over SP content.

I think there is probably value in a thread, where people can review various GaaS passes, MTX, in the context of other games - separate to the individual game threads. It would be more of a critical and informative thread. The MW thread is not really a place to compare the BP with other such games.

And if people are using multiple passes it might be useful to get feedback on which levels/unlocks are worth grinding for in each game so they can be better informed and plan their time.

Start one. It will either gain traction or it won't.

4 hours ago, U2031 said:

Any riot shield experts?

Well I got Riot shield gold without playing hardcore ....

Got a fair ammount of abuse a long the way :) But people seem to love the gold shield /shrugs

It's great for killing campers, as you can use the shield to block their claymmores.  EOD is a good perk, but double time is great too as you need to crouch to avoid getting shot in the feet. Objective modes are great as you can actually help win the game by holding flags etc 

There are a lot of players who are pretty good at killing shields now though, many will switch to molotovs / semtex and pwn you. One good trick is when they start throwing a stick at you, sprint right at them, take em with you. 

Also I find that if you go into a corner and crouch behind your shield players will often run past you without noticing you. Do this near an objective and doff them in the back before they know whats happening.

7 minutes ago, Strategos said:

Also I find that if you go into a corner and crouch behind your shield players will often run past you without noticing you. Do this near an objective and doff them in the back before they know whats happening.

I've started doing that with a silenced pistol on Shipment. Would have got two Chopper Gunners in one match doing it if it wasn't for a team mate team killing me 1 kill before the second!

I;ve lost count of the number of Gunships ive have on shipment.  With Killchain once you get you first streak its almost guaranteed.

If they erase the previous missions at the beginning of the next season then I'll probably give up on supporting the pass, because you don't even unlock the items when you unlock the tier, only challenges.

Also the Survivalist challenge for Jack Frosty is supposedly replace tomorrow on PS4.

I really hope this isn't the so, considering Fortnite lets skin/tier challenges roll on to the next season in most cases.

10 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

Who’s looking forward to the 100GB download for this patch?

Thankfully the Xbox downloads updates properly when it is turned off at night, unlike rest mode on PS4, so I'll be okay.

Unless they release it as one of these "multiplayer packs" that you download from the store like DLC. 

1 hour ago, Dave White said:

Looks like the UMP is back for season 2. Hope backlot drops today. 

tasty 

Rust and Ikea.

6 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I think so, so with the inevitable 14gb download most people should be able to play it by tomorrow.

Pfft I'm on 500MB I'll be playing it by 9pm ;)

7 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I think so, so with the inevitable 14gb download most people should be able to play it by tomorrow.

surely this was all downloaded the other week when it took 3 months before I could play it again?