rllmuk
djbhammer

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

2 hours ago, grindmouse said:

Battle Royale mode is called Warzone and will be F2P as a standalone title as well as part of MW.

This is going to be amazing. Hope we don’t have to wait too long for it to drop.

• Upvote 1

On 10/02/2020 at 13:43, Strategos said:

Well I got Riot shield gold without playing hardcore ....

Got a fair ammount of abuse a long the way :) But people seem to love the gold shield /shrugs

It's great for killing campers, as you can use the shield to block their claymmores.  EOD is a good perk, but double time is great too as you need to crouch to avoid getting shot in the feet. Objective modes are great as you can actually help win the game by holding flags etc 

There are a lot of players who are pretty good at killing shields now though, many will switch to molotovs / semtex and pwn you. One good trick is when they start throwing a stick at you, sprint right at them, take em with you. 

Also I find that if you go into a corner and crouch behind your shield players will often run past you without noticing you. Do this near an objective and doff them in the back before they know whats happening.

I thought I posted this the other day but it didn't for some reason.

I've been playing riot shield earlier on shipment, and it's not been as bad as I thought. The main thing I've found is that getting actual kills with it is slow, but it is great fun, and I actually managed to get a VTOL out and came second on my third match. You can definitely tell the people who panic, and you know you've got them. Just wait till they reload and start bashing away. It's a bit disconcerting on PC because once you start meleeing then it seems to lock on to them and I hadn't encountered that before, you'll stay attached to them unless they get too far away.

In other news I've been playing rust, and the spawns are completely fucked. It's the same as they are in Shipment, spawning you literally in the gunsights of the person who's just shot you. It's ridiculous, and it isn't fun. I can cope with it on shipment, I'm sure it's meant to be over the top and ridiculous, and we all know it's just a merry go round for leveling guns up. But on a bigger map it's just staggering that they've left it like that.

11 hours ago, U2031 said:

In other news I've been playing rust, and the spawns are completely fucked. It's the same as they are in Shipment, spawning you literally in the gunsights of the person who's just shot you. It's ridiculous, and it isn't fun. I can cope with it on shipment, I'm sure it's meant to be over the top and ridiculous, and we all know it's just a merry go round for leveling guns up. But on a bigger map it's just staggering that they've left it like that.

That's the whole game mate. It got worse with the patch last week but every single game, on every map, on every mode, I see it multiple times where I spawn in a sight line or spawn on the exact spot I died on so I die again, or spawn on an explosive etc. It's annoying as fuck. 

Rust is a mess. Ridiculous spawns, framerate goes to hell when you climb the tower, constant air support/kill streaks thanks to the new perk balancing but no fucker bothers to ever shoot anything down.

New map is good though, feels like a classic MW2 map somehow.

1 hour ago, Mr Tony said:

That's the whole game mate. It got worse with the patch last week but every single game, on every map, on every mode, I see it multiple times where I spawn in a sight line or spawn on the exact spot I died on so I die again, or spawn on an explosive etc. It's annoying as fuck. 

It’s only annoying if you care about K/D. Respawns are so quick you’ll likely spawn into safety soon enough.

I’ve only got caught in a spawn death loop once on Shipment which lasted maybe 15 seconds. Mildly irritating at most then it was back to business as usual.

3 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

It’s only annoying if you care about K/D. Respawns are so quick you’ll likely spawn into safety soon enough.

I’ve only got caught in a spawn death loop once on Shipment which lasted maybe 15 seconds. Mildly irritating at most then it was back to business as usual.

More than annoying if you're playing TDM FFA or Kill Confirmed where K/D is the entire point.

1 minute ago, grindmouse said:

It’s only annoying if you care about K/D.

No it isn't. I don't care about my KD, I just want to enjoy the game and have a crack at doing my best. Spawning and being killed instantly due to the shitty system is really frustrating. I don't mind when someone out shoots me or gets a lucky shot or whatever, but when I'm regularly dying due to the games crap spawn system and there's nowt I can do about it, then it's annoying as fuck.

• Upvote 1

It just seems like such a basic thing in an online shooter to get right, don't spawn behind/infront of other players or in the blast radius of a killstreak, or on top of an objective. I love pretty much everything about this game but the spawning is weirdly fucked.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

or in the blast radius of a killstreak, 

That's another one. I've regularly spawned inside an active cluster strike. There's no need!

11 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

It just seems like such a basic thing in an online shooter to get right, don't spawn behind/infront of other players or in the blast radius of a killstreak, or on top of an objective. I love pretty much everything about this game but the spawning is weirdly fucked.

Shipment is too small for the number of players by design. Unless they implement a spawn queue it is unavoidable. 

It is annoying constantly spawning in the midst of enemy held territory, but there will be a reason the game isn’t spawning on the other sides of the map - likely because those sites are also occupied or under barrage from killstreaks.

13 minutes ago, Mr Tony said:

That's another one. I've regularly spawned inside an active cluster strike. There's no need!

I had a good one in Rust last night where I called in an airstrike, got shot shortly afterwards, then promptly respawned under - you guessed it - my own airstrike. Hilarity* ensued.

* Copious swearing

10 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

Shipment is too small for the number of players by design. Unless they implement a spawn queue it is unavoidable. 

It is annoying constantly spawning in the midst of enemy held territory, but there will be a reason the game isn’t spawning on the other sides of the map - likely because those sites are also occupied or under barrage from killstreaks.

It was doing it to us on shipment 2v2. It does it to us on the bigger maps like Grazna Raid. Regularly it spawns you on the exact spot you died on. The spawns are totally fucked in this game. Just look at the video I shared the other day, and enemy team spawning one after the other directly in a snipers scope. 

Spec Ops is totally broken.

I lost the ability to use any items or revive people mid-game.

I got downed by the enemy and teleported 400m away from my team.

There's also a game breaking bug where people can change the colour of their names. So people are changing their name to blue so enemies think they are on the other team and don't shoot...

13 minutes ago, Mr Tony said:

There's also a game breaking bug where people can change the colour of their names. So people are changing their name to blue so enemies think they are on the other team and don't shoot...

THANK YOU. God, I wondered what the fuck was going on last night.

1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

THANK YOU. God, I wondered what the fuck was going on last night.

Yeah it's annoying as fuck. The devs have acknowledged it and are prepping a hotfix apparently. So that will be another 420GB patch no doubt.

• Upvote 1

Last night was a complete shit show. Back to how CoD used to be like getting shot from the position you'd literally just taken your sight from and bullshit spawns. Had an absolutely terrible evening of it. Also I think some of the Weeklies aren't working, as I got ten Tac Inserts but the Weekly hasn't updated, unless I'm doing it wrong. It also says get 100 kills with a secondary so I put Overkill on and used an SMG and that didn't count either. If it has to be pistols it looks like I'm off to Hardcore because good luck getting pistol kills in regular.

• Upvote 1

Game crashes insesently for me now. Crashes in lobby, just as round is loading and when I quit. And everytime you dare to alt tab direct X shots the bed. Pretty tiresome. 

1 hour ago, gooner4life said:

Am I doing something wrong or does this run like absolute shite on an Xbox One X? frame rate chugs like mad on Rust.

Rust has been the same for me One X.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

Has it been confirmed that the BR mode is free? 

I love BR in cod mobile but don't want to buy the game for a 3rd time just to play the new mode.

Nothings been confirmed, it's all leaks and datamining.

18 hours ago, The Mighty Ash said:

Rust has been the same for me One X.

Same on PS4. Climbing the tower kills the framerate.

The latest update has killed my buzz for this game. Too many killstreaks and other annoying shit to deal with, so I'm hopping over to the Division 2 for a bit. Take THAT, Activision!

• Upvote 1

I've gone back to Siege, but the next season reveal has really fucked me off, so I'm itching to get back on MW.

I'd love to post an extensive Year 5 analysis/rage about R6 Siege's GaaS strategy - I'd save it for the GaaS thread, but I guess I could bump the Siege one, just nobody here is into reading it!  8-)