rllmuk

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

Yeah, edited my post to make that clear. The WZ thread went into hibernation a while ago, and it does seem a bit pointless separating them. (Maybe @bradigor could merge it into here?)

There seems to be a massive disconnect from the people making the game, vs the people responsible for the updates and patches. They've taken what was the best COD so far, an absolute masterpiece, and completely ruined it, driven the playerbase crazy and made the game progressively worse with each patch. Here's double XP and double weapon XP - only XP isn't registering, the Battlepass isn't progressing and get this - you can't get in a game anyway since we hosed matchmaking. But don't worry, next week we'll force another 30GB patch to fix it.

Total mess.

• Upvote 3

The battle pass XP is definitely working for me as I'm on 63 with something like 27 days left, which is unheard of before now. Although I'm also pretty sure they stealth* buffed that

The games are fine when I can get in, but it's just * waves hand in air vaguely *

*communication is so poor it's probably not been a stealth buff.

I'm not getting that, I got a level in less than that I think. I'm going to have to watch it progress tonight now.

Although I have had a revelation that some people already knew about and have talked about in this thread; the career challenges. I totally forgot about them in S2 and while I'm not jonesing for the bizarre emblems they unlock they are xp and keep the game interesting. I kind of hope this game keeps going after the new one comes out because I'm done investing in this shit every year.

There is a really 'fun' glitch at the moment whereby in-game voice chat just cuts out after 2-3 minutes of play in Warzone, and doesn't come back until you leave the game or the game finishes.

Which would be fine if everyone's on the same platform, but is absolutely gamebreakingly shit if you have some friends on Xbox and some on PS4. 

Spent half the games this evening playing in a squad in warzone in silence.

Posted (edited)

I managed to get into a few games and finally finished off damascus. I completed the riot shield yesterday and started work on the knife this morning, and it's not been too bad all told. The worst thing has been mounted and crouching kills with the assault rifles, purely because of the sheer amount, and some of the shotguns and marksman rifles with no attachments were pretty awful. 3 kills without dying with the riot shield was pretty frustrating, but it's surprising how quickly it comes together once you get into the groove. I only really spent yesterday concentrating on it, and I had it done by teatime. I tried to concentrate on shipment for knife kills, and the last thing was kills while wounded. On shipment you're pretty much gauranteed to be wounded 90% of the time and I got it in about 3 matches, but I was chucking a thermite on the floor and running through it when I could.

I hate damascus, I think it looks like shit.

I'm going to put it on my launchers, so everyone can see that I've done it and run platinum on everything else.

Edited by U2031
spelling
10 minutes ago, Isaac said:

There is a really 'fun' glitch at the moment whereby in-game voice chat just cuts out after 2-3 minutes of play in Warzone, and doesn't come back until you leave the game or the game finishes.

Which would be fine if everyone's on the same platform, but is absolutely gamebreakingly shit if you have some friends on Xbox and some on PS4. 

Spent half the games this evening playing in a squad in warzone in silence.

Either I've stopped getting matched up with people using mics or voice chat stopped working for me a while ago. I don't use a mic myself but I often used to end up in teams where the other 2-3 were chatting away and/or using it for coordination in game, but I haven't really had that in at least a couple of weeks now. Occasionally I get someone talking briefly at the beginning of a game, and it does seem to work for the (often hilarious) snippet of voice chat you get from your victim when you get a kill, but that's it.

Maybe this is a different issue and they changed the matchmaking to favour putting mic users with other mic users or something.

A user on reddit was claiming that picking up the armour satchels can lead to voice chat cutting out, not tried it out yet though. 

Also some players believe teammates are being identified as enemy players which seems plausible as when I have got kills I’ve been to hear my friends for a brief second. 

• Upvote 1
20 hours ago, Uncle Nasty said:

There seems to be a massive disconnect from the people making the game, vs the people responsible for the updates and patches. They've taken what was the best COD so far, an absolute masterpiece, and completely ruined it, driven the playerbase crazy and made the game progressively worse with each patch. Here's double XP and double weapon XP - only XP isn't registering, the Battlepass isn't progressing and get this - you can't get in a game anyway since we hosed matchmaking. But don't worry, next week we'll force another 30GB patch to fix it.

Total mess.

And that is setting aside how they managed to turn a fresh, more tactical take on the franchise into yet another 100mph akimbo shitfest.

It was expected of course given all the crying from entitled COD kids but, still, what a shame to see a game go from great to so poor in so short a time..

• Upvote 1

I’ve got back into Warzone on this when I have a half hour spare. Randoms really are utterly useless at keeping together, pinging loot or avoiding 1v4 Leroy Jenkins shootouts. Maddening. 

3 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

As much as I'm still enjoying it I can't really argue with any of that. It's such a shame. 

And don;t start me on the absence of incentive for people to actually play objectives in objective modes. It is eternally infuriating to be the only player on my team actually trying to play the game instead of fucking about just aiming for KDR. I literally feel like it's 1 v 6 or 10 for 90% of the games I play.

That's if I can even get a game anymore given how fucked it is since the last (ridiculously large) patch. And when I do get a game it is so laggy that I feel like every other round is a blank. 

But, yeah, the gun-play itself is still very, very compulsive and it is the best feeling COD in many, many years which makes it an even greater pity that they have fucked it up so much.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Stopharage said:

I’ve got back into Warzone on this when I have a half hour spare. Randoms really are utterly useless at keeping together, pinging loot or avoiding 1v4 Leroy Jenkins shootouts. Maddening. 

Why not just play solo?

Solo is great but it's quite a different game to trios and quads - e.g. it's much cagier, I'd say, especially in the later stages.

• Upvote 1

@hmm to a point I find solo easier, as any sounds I hear are definitely not friendlies.

For the most part my friend and I squad up and just play against trios (without filling the third spot). 

I've found playing Plunder with randoms surprisingly enjoyable. People are fairly willing to go for the contracts and if you want to be a lone wolf it's not as bad, as you're covering a larger area for the Lott (when I play with two mates we tend to spread out over a zone anyway).

Are there any cheap download codes about for PS4? I fancy playing the main game and the multi. It'll be my first COD since 4, and my first real go of the online elements. I need to go digital (a mate and I share the purchases/do the account swap thingmy) but sort of resent paying £60.&04 a game that came out in October. Even in the recent sale it was still at £45. 

• Upvote 1

Ah right, had no idea about download codes. Don't currently live in the UK, so for the account sharing stuff, anything we both buy and split has to be digital. 

Looking at Hot UK Deals, Warzone and a resurgence in popularity has led to the game being close to RRP recently, whereas it was £30 digitally before Christmas, which is a bit of a pain. Not sure how much I want to spend £60 for the game, when the part I most enjoy is free. 

I've heard the single player is the best in a long time? I did like COD 2 and 4, back when this were all just fields.  What's the co-op stuff like?