rllmuk
djbhammer

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

7 minutes ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

I have went from rank 107 to 57.

Wtf?

Yep, seasons reset your rank to 55 (if you're already passed that level), which is the soft cap of sorts. 

Since they got rid is prestige levels you  keep progressing to 155 each season. You've not lost any of your unlocks or weapons though :)

Anyone had issues with buying CoD Points before? Got my son 1100 to get the battle pass and they won't show up on his account and won't let him do anything in the store. All works fine on mine though. 

I was enjoying the new maps this morning (Sawmill is great), and over-zealously dumped £10 on that pink tracer gun.

M4A1 is burst-only, the gun has a creepy anime girl on the sight.

Instant regret.

On the plus side I managed to rocket launcher a helicopter from a rooftop on Warzone. Wiped out the entire team, it was like something off the trailer.

2 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

I was enjoying the new maps this morning (Sawmill is great), and over-zealously dumped £10 on that pink tracer gun.

M4A1 is burst-only, the gun has a creepy anime girl on the sight.

Instant regret.

you can add full auto to it in the customisation menus.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bradigor said:

Anyone had issues with buying CoD Points before? Got my son 1100 to get the battle pass and they won't show up on his account and won't let him do anything in the store. All works fine on mine though. 

Not because of parental controls is it?

1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

Not because of parental controls is it?

There shouldn't be any. We bought the points directly from the store via his account, so not sure what the issue is. Only thing I can think, is it being a US Account in the UK, but never had issues like that with any other game. 

Got a bit sick of seeing PC mouse-and-keyboard-ers showing up in my WZ games - a side effect of now having three team sizes as well as two modes to choose from, I guess - so I tried switching crossplay off. That's been discussed a few times in this thread (or maybe the competing, now dormant dedicated WZ one) and a few people said it wasn't working etc. For me, it's been working fine on PSN: it gives me a warning whenever I go to join a game but in practice I've had no problems finding ones to join. If anyone had trouble with it before, might be worth trying again now. I suppose there may sometimes be some trade-off for, say, ping times in the game you end up in - I think that's what the warning is mainly about - but I haven't noticed major problems there.

I think crossplay to XBL is great but I'm not sure, personally, that it's wholly fair to be playing against PC gamepad players, given the advantages some of them are likely to have in terms of resolution / framerate / proximity to the monitor / whatever. And I would certainly say that playing against PC M+Kers is absolute bullshit, and I don't have much truck with arguments about autoaim levelling the field - I am pretty confident that the me of ~6 years ago playing on PC would wipe the floor with the me of today playing on PS4 with a Dualshock, even ignoring the indignities of my cruelly advancing years.

It would be nice to have some options to control this more precisely, but I suppose that would splinter the player base even further. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

There shouldn't be any. We bought the points directly from the store via his account, so not sure what the issue is. Only thing I can think, is it being a US Account in the UK, but never had issues like that with any other game. 

Download Warzone on the US account and load the game.

16 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Download Warzone on the US account and load the game.

Ah ok, thanks. Will that cause issues for me on the UK account?

13 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Ah ok, thanks. Will that cause issues for me on the UK account?

If you buy COD points they will only appear on the game for that region on Playstation, it's the same with Fifa points and other in game currency, so if you're sharing a PS4 then you will need to keep 2 different regions versions on the console or just re-download one as and when you want to buy and spend the points.

2 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

If you buy COD points they will only appear on the game for that region on Playstation, it's the same with Fifa points and other in game currency, so if you're sharing a PS4 then you will need to keep 2 different regions versions on the console or just re-download one as and when you want to buy and spend the points.

Thanks for that. Ok, will get his points added and spent on there, then can delete and that'll be his lot. Thanks bud. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-04-11-i-wish-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-let-me-play-the-maps-i-want-when-i-want

Surely a deputy editor within Eurogamer carries enough weight to get in touch with IW direct and find out what is going on, rather than crowing about it in an article?

Seems to me that a lot of developers say they want feedback, providing multiple ways of doing so, and then actually not fucking replying to any of it.

They even closed down the official forums the other month, because they just weren't replying to anyone or anything raised.

Seems some that might be able to help and be in a position to do so on the behalf of many go about it in the wrong way, like this article.

The answer of course is to add a map filter, but the article mentions too many numerous options that will never get anywhere.

While they are at it, fix the fucking uncapped frame rate issue on the menus on PS Pro, this has been a thing for 6 months

Servers down for anyone else?  Was playing earlier no problem but now receiving an error when fetching online profile. 

Yup, got disconnected a couple of minutes ago.

The cross play is making this totally pointless at the minute. Just give us the option to turn off pc players. 

Whenever I play standard MP I turn it off. It's supremely pointless to play normal TDM/Domination etc with cross play on. Warzone is less fucky because chances are you won't come across a PC player but you still get kerb stomped occasionally.

3 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

Why would you ever turn crossplay on?

You have to for Ground War and Warzone.

Just now, p1nseeker said:

you don't have to.

There's no issue filling lobbies for a free game

On the Xbox you absolutely, 100% cannot play Warzone without having cross play on.

How strange, you can absolutely have crossplay off for warzone on PS4.

Best case scenario would obviously be crossplay between consoles, excluding PC players.

Just now, moosegrinder said:

I know, it must be something to do with how Xbox live works and cross platform nonsense.

I feel your pain. Strange situation.

54 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

On the Xbox you absolutely, 100% cannot play Warzone without having cross play on.

In the console settings, under something like privacy and security, you get to choose your settings, and then choose custom settings. That gives an option to block playing with other systems. Apparently that's a hard option that stops crossplay, but when me and gf and friend all turned it off and queued together in warzone we were waiting for 5+ minutes for a match so went and turned it back on. 

Basically I don't know if it works, and if it does, whether or not it actually finds an Xbox only lobby, but reddit pointed to it working. 

EDIT: Just tried again and waited 10 minutes with nothing. Reddit actually saying no-one has found a lobby doing it, waiting hours. So not a solution. 

• Upvote 1

I noticed yesterday a lot of PC players in my lobby playing FFA in just regular MW mode (not WarZone). 

The setting for crossplay seems to have magically switched itself on again by the looks of it (PS4). I've had my preferences reset a few times now with these updates