rllmuk

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

@moosegrinder since you mentioned Reddit I thought I'd give it a go. They shut down the official forums, hardly ever answer their Twitter feed, and when they do its useless bullshit like clearing your cache, but fuck me what the hell do you need to do to get it noticed? I've tried a few times and the instant second I click on POST over at Reddit it is blocked and deleted! 

Fucking sick of games companies banging on about "the community" - GTFO with your hot air! 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

So they've got an autoban on certain words?! That's utter fucking bullshit.

Looks like it. After my last attempt, if I removed any more words it wouldn't have made any sense!

Hahaha! Fucking hell.

I think after this season I'm done. I've hit hundred, I've done most of the career rank challenges and now am stuck on the game mode/chopper gunner/juggernaut ones I'm never going to get. Nearly 153 so the next double triple will push me over but this game just stresses me out too much. Just get too radged with it. Life's too short to be pissed off and masochistic.

I've never known another COD to have every gunfight so infuriating. It's largely the skill based matchmaking giving high latency lobbies and this has completely removed any notion of having a relaxed or messing about session, instead forcing you to sweat.

The usual response is 'oh so you just want to pubstomp noobs' but no, I want the best possible connection and whatever the spread of bad and good players so be it. The in-lobby matchmaking of previous games was annoying at times (sticking one good player with all the random noobs versus the four or five stack) but was infinitely better than what we have now

@moosegrinder if you want to give yourself a couple of extra percentage points of a chance in each gunfight, go with the Grau with longest barrel and no stock options. Literally everyone else is using it and unfortunately you just end up hobbling yourself if you don't match up with it.

50 minutes ago, Swallow said:

I've never known another COD to have every gunfight so infuriating. It's largely the skill based matchmaking giving high latency lobbies and this has completely removed any notion of having a relaxed or messing about session, instead forcing you to sweat.

The usual response is 'oh so you just want to pubstomp noobs' but no, I want the best possible connection and whatever the spread of bad and good players so be it. The in-lobby matchmaking of previous games was annoying at times (sticking one good player with all the random noobs versus the four or five stack) but was infinitely better than what we have now

@moosegrinder if you want to give yourself a couple of extra percentage points of a chance in each gunfight, go with the Grau with longest barrel and no stock options. Literally everyone else is using it and unfortunately you just end up hobbling yourself if you don't match up with it.

In anything other than close quarters aren’t you just going to be spraying rounds all over the shop with no stock?

8 hours ago, Swallow said:

It's not so much the engagements as now the bunny hopping round corners is back in full effect, and that no cunt plays the objective non Domination. I tried TDM but it's a slow campfest, there's no reason for anyone to move.

It's a shame because for a while it was amazing. And yeah, I don't mind losing as long as the game's fun and engaging, but losing 200 to 74 is never fun, especially when you're the only one capping points and getting shot in the face as soon as you start.

I ought to try the other game modes really.

• Upvote 2

The bunny hopping corners strategy now being so prevalent is because of the high latency lobbies which makes lag compensation obvious. Someone can do that, scope in and drop you almost before you see them and certainly before the server recognises any of your shots on them. It's called peek advantage.

The single best thing they could do for the game would be to make lobbies purely connection based and reduce the amount of times decent lobbies with close results are broken up after just one game.

I'm happy to jump on with you for some games, at least that will be another person playing the objective. I'm on Xbox and my gamertag is SwallowFM if I'm not already on your friends list. Any other mukkers still playing regularly?

• Upvote 1

Since Warzone came out I've hardly played any MP (normally played Kill Confirmed, Hardpoint and Domination). I don't know why but Warzone has really grabbed me (either solo or as a pair in a trio game). Prior to this I had no interest in BR style games. 

2 hours ago, idiwa said:

Since Warzone came out I've hardly played any MP (normally played Kill Confirmed, Hardpoint and Domination). I don't know why but Warzone has really grabbed me (either solo or as a pair in a trio game). Prior to this I had no interest in BR style games. 

Warzone is fantastic

• Upvote 3
On 24/05/2020 at 09:00, Swallow said:

The bunny hopping corners strategy now being so prevalent is because of the high latency lobbies which makes lag compensation obvious. Someone can do that, scope in and drop you almost before you see them and certainly before the server recognises any of your shots on them. It's called peek advantage.

The single best thing they could do for the game would be to make lobbies purely connection based and reduce the amount of times decent lobbies with close results are broken up after just one game.

I'm happy to jump on with you for some games, at least that will be another person playing the objective. I'm on Xbox and my gamertag is SwallowFM if I'm not already on your friends list. Any other mukkers still playing regularly?

I play pretty regularly and would love to team up - I enjoy BR solos but much prefer team stuff. I'm on xbox - I'll add you Swallow

A day after downloading WWII for some Shipment 24/7 I see they’ve brought it back to this too.

Thats fine, I have enough Shipment love to spread across two games.

Booted this up tonight and I can’t now play the single or standard multiplayer without downloaded a date pack for the psn store ? 

With the toxic waste dump of humanity that play this game, I'm still shocked to be honest that all 3 of these words aren't blocked/starred out on the chat window. I'm guessing the makers and the publishers really don't give a toss. 

spacer.png

• Upvote 1

How the hell do you get enough kills for Chopper Gunner? I've only ever had it once from a care package and I'm not even vaguely good enough to get 10 kills (9 with hard-line). 

I might get lucky on shipment 24/7 but that's a crap shoot at the best of times.

You could run kill chain and hope that your vtol gets enough kills to earn chopper gunner. I mainly play hardcore so for me it's just a case of being more cautious once you've got the vtol. I normally choke one kill off chopper gunner, but I do get them fairly regularly. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, Kill Chain with Precision Airstrike, VTOL, Chopper Gunner. Precision Airstrike is basically a guaranteed double kill if you call it in at the wall at A or C spawn on Shoot House.

• Upvote 1

Right, thanks very much.

On 24/05/2020 at 09:00, Swallow said:

I'll add you but I'm horrendously anti-social so please don't be offended if I don't accept any invites. I'm also terrible at this game.

I can't believe it's 2020 and I'm jazzed about playing cod. It's slowly grown on me over the past few months. I ended up buying the full game to play the sp, then I wanted to play the mp to level up some warzone loadouts. Now I'm itching to play mp and getting better and better at warzone. It's absolutely bizarre to me. But I'm enjoying it none the less.

Hands down the mp is the best thing I've ever done for aim training. I'm by no means particularly good, but my k/d grows each time I play and I've got a decent crew to play warzone with. 

Grau, archangel, monolithic silencer, commando grip and 50 rnd mags. Savage. 

• Upvote 2
50 minutes ago, Peb Kacharach said:

Many of the challenges encourage you to play in a way which sacrifices the points you’d get from playing normally. And there are so many of them.

If this is the only game someone plays, then I’m sure it’s very possible and I see plenty of players at the max level, but for a paid battle pass it’s far too grindy and disrespectful of players’ time.

The other thing is the last few times I’ve played I came away feeling tense and annoyed. Can’t say the same for other games.

I knew if I didn’t uninstall I’d be tempted by Season 4. Feels like a weight has been lifted, and I can play other stuff for a while.

Yeah, though I never felt I was playing against the objective from trying for my career challenges. Also I realised those challenges were key to getting the battle pass to the top level, which is clearly bullshit because you should be able to do that just by playing and not grinding 300 kills with a weapon with 3 attachments while under a full moon standing on one leg, or some shit. But I managed it with a week to spare this time.

It's such a shame that there's stuff that could be labelled Activision Bullshit all over this game because I enjoy the shit out of it and it's easily the best MP haa been since, like, black ops 2. But once again it's marred by stingy xp, corner jumping dickwits, shit spawns and the fact they'll binning it off come October.

I'm still enjoying this, but I keep seeing so much frustration at thenlevelling etc.

I don't play the challenges. I have setups I like and I stick to them. I play for fun, and enjoy it a hell of a lot more than when going for challenges.

With the battlepass, I never max it out, but I got about level 80 each season, and I earn enough CP that I can get the next season pass without paying a penny. I bought 1 pass and will get 4 seasons worth out of it soon.

You all should give it a try. Instead of playing to tick off an Excel spreadsheet of tasks that annoy you, try playing for fun. It's great.

• Upvote 1

I play the challenges because then I have objectives. I don't have objectives I don't enjoy the game. They ARE the fun for me. The weeklies were but some of them are shit I don't enjoy.

The realisation that I'm playing for the sake of it is because I'm out of things to chase, and the game has changed substantially from what it was at the beginning, it's gone down the Black Ops route.

As for the battle pass what's the point of one of people can't hit the max from "normal" play? If someone's paid money for it they should have a fair shake of getting to the top of it and not from double XP weekends, not from tier sales, not from battle pass plus 20 tiers. This is the only game I've played since battle passes have been a thing where getting to the top has been a problem.

23 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

As for the battle pass what's the point of one of people can't hit the max from "normal" play? If someone's paid money for it they should have a fair shake of getting to the top of it and not from double XP weekends, not from tier sales, not from battle pass plus 20 tiers. This is the only game I've played since battle passes have been a thing where getting to the top has been a problem.

Max it out for the hardcore players. High level for the "normal players" mid tier for the casual players and the option to buy / 2xp for the ones that want to boost.

If it's easy to get to the top with normal play, then you risk pissing off your hardcore group, too hard and you Lisa off the normal group.

It's almost the same from any of these battlepass games. You won't hit the max level unless you are playing almost daily, doing the challenges and missions. It's not unique to COD.

I see it a lot, that people love the game and gunplay but it's ruined by bad challenges and tight XP. If you loved the game, you wouldn't need challenges or XP, as you'd be enjoying it anyway. I think people are less enjoying the game and more enjoying watching those wee numbers go up at the end of the match and are getting the two confused.

I will 100% agree though, that the corner jumping does my fucking head in and the spawns are some of the worst I've ever seen in any shooter.

People get out of the game what they want from it. But the enjoyment is measured in quantifiable things in the game; wins and losses, K/D, Battle Pass levels, ranks, score, camouflage for guns, reticles for scopes,  commendations/medals, they're all the way people measure if they're having fun or not. The game is built around them. I can't seem most people enjoying the game without that quantification for the sake of the game.

I enjoy the game but my enjoyment, for good or ill, is absolutely one I can maintain and measure with some of those things. It's impossible to tell how many of the millions who play the game donut just for the fun of it, but I don't see many people playing without one of the above measures being a factor.

Saying that barely any cunt plays the fucking objective in Hardpoint/Domination/Grind so it's not for the fucking wins and losses <_<

I really hope with the next update they: slim down patch sizes/proper standalone Warzone mode. And fix the lobby fan on PS4 blowing up. That'd be a fine update. 

• Upvote 1

You have to admit, it's such a deliciously capitalist scheme though. You have a multiplayer mode, except you charged £8 a season for unlocks. You make sure you show the freebie povvos exactly what they are missing out on. 

Still, even though pump up the extra cash, they still have to pour hours and hours into your game to get it. 

And then you make your XP system obscure, so no-one quite knows what they are earning or how long it will take to level up. You make that XP system separate from your weapon and rank XP too. Players rank those up pretty fast, which feeds them the dopamine they need and makes them think they are climbing up the ranks. 

You have double XP weekends just enough to make you look generous. Crucially XP is still completely hidden so no-one ever really knows how much they are being given at any point.  

You sell them the battle pass and it's unlocks for £8, but then make progress for these "premium" players really slow. You then sell the tiers back to them for even more money! 

It's hand-rubbingly brilliant greed. You make money off the unlocks twice. If only 10% of your players get to the past 20 tiers too, you're providing stuff without ever really giving it to anyone. 

When seasons used to be DLC, you had to do annoying stuff like provided content and charge people for it. Now you provide content, charge people for it, make them plough a fuckton of hours to get anyway, and then only provide most of the userbase with half the stuff. 

It's real twirly-moustache stuff. 

I loaded up COD WW2 and it is ass. 
This is by far the best MP COD I’ve ever played. 

The SP is a bit nasty-edgy and feels mechanically regressive compared to BO3 and Infinite Warfare, both of which I really enjoyed.