rllmuk
djbhammer

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare

6 hours ago, K said:

I didn't know that. It'll be interesting to see whether that will make much difference - whether one person can change the studio's culture and approach, even if they are the lead designer. This from Wikipedia is a bit odd:

Are the Modern Warfare games really the place to explore taboos, and push the boundaries on what's acceptable in a game? Previous entries weren't exactly known for their sensitivity. It's made playtesters cry, but I'm not sure whether that's a positive or a negative. Still, at least they took out the paedophilia.

I'd love to see the reaction if a videogame developer 'made up' an European country. Or an American state.

49 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

I'd love to see the reaction if a videogame developer 'made up' an European country. Or an American state.

I dunno - Grand Theft Auto V is set in the fictional state of San Andreas, and people just seemed to accept that. I guess it's a bit different when you're trying to satirise America than it is when you want to set a military game in the middle east and have middle eastern baddies, but you don't want to engage with the actual politics of the region.

Off the top of my head Papers Please features a load of fictional European countries and Far Cry 5 is set in a fictional county albeit in the USA. 

8 hours ago, IainGamer said:

So my pre order hasn’t pre downloaded.  My PS4 Pro isn’t the primary PS4 as I have set up my 10year olds PS4 as primary.

i have gone into ps store and it shows a countdown timer but the game isn’t installed.  How do I get this to download in advance if it isn’t a primary machine?  

Thanks! 

Just go to purchases on the dash, get it from there, I have to do the same thing.

Yeah wow to the install time. Letting me play before finished but local multiplayer only.

14 minutes ago, Pug said:

Yeah wow to the install time. Letting me play before finished but local multiplayer only.

Oh my god, and you started installing three hours ago. :o

2 hours ago, Dave White said:

copy arrived mid day but Jesus it installs, then copies over, then a 56 gb patch.

verdicts asap

PS4?

Holy shit.  Check out this Ground War map.  Looks insane.  Can't wait to fire it up tonight.

• Upvote 3

Looks like I'll have to wait until tomorrow now. United are on now, then I want some food. -_-

• Empathy 1

The campaign is an awful lot of noise. Terrifically designed noise with some of the best audio I've ever head in a game but the pacing is just constant action and it can get a bit boring.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, SweatyTravolta said:

The campaign is an awful lot of noise. Terrifically designed noise with some of the best audio I've ever head in a game but the pacing is just constant action and it can get a bit boring.

COD/10 then?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SweatyTravolta said:

That’s disappointing. I’ve just started the remastered first one and the pacing is great. Plenty of moonlit creeping to be done before the action starts.

2 hours ago, SweatyTravolta said:

Have you finished it? Or is this just ‘so far’ from what you’ve played?

8 minutes ago, Mystacon said:

Have you finished it? Or is this just ‘so far’ from what you’ve played?

I've played six or seven missions and that's what it seems like so far.

Even the two Spec Ops missions I've played involved slaughtering an entire country's army and then their allies join. That mode has been massively disappointing so far, hoping for some gold later on because it was the thing I was most looking forward to and so far it lacks the level of creativity found in the original Spec Ops.

spent 3 hours straight on the MP, no jump shot wankers, no merry go round nonsense just a visceral rush of gaming coke and not since mw2 has this series been so good.

not played half the maps but the ones I have are so well designed, that bridge one is just amazing, the sightlines are so well thought out, went 21 for 6 sniping, cant wait for for spec ops and ground war

• Upvote 2

MW2 was the best one for me. Can’t remember if that was non stop shooty or not. Seem to remember it wasn’t.

Always found the Rainbow Six and GRAW games to be a great counter foil to COD but not been drawn to either for years. A general decline in all jingoistic FPS games over the years.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Dave White said:

spent 3 hours straight on the MP, no jump shot wankers, no merry go round nonsense just a visceral rush of gaming coke and not since mw2 has this series been so good.

Bit early for that, no? Honeymoon or genuinely great? On the fence about this but definitely could be swayed.

29 minutes ago, Dave White said:

wow,

that Piccadilly mission is going to cause a shit storm in the media.

I can't see what's so controversial that it'll cause a fuss. It's not exactly No Russian as you're playing as the good guys and the sight of terrorists attacking a major city isn't exactly new. We (unfortunately) had London Has Fallen a few years ago where the entirety of the Met were all secret terrorists so I doubt this will register.

It's been the highlight of the game so far for me.