IGNORED

E3 2019 | Nintendo Tuesday June 11th 5:00PM BST

Keyboard Koala

There's so much we haven't really seen already that I think they'll mainly focus on - Luigi's Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing being the big ones, but also Daemon X Machina, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Dragon Quest XI, Link's Awakening - I think we'll see all of those.

They've said no hardware but surely that's happening sooner rather than later, the much rumoured Switch Mini. If it is not shown at E3 then I suspect very shortly afterwards, perhaps with new games such as Nintendogs or even a new Wii Sports. But even the software we already know is coming - Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem - even DQXI and Link's Awakening, it's just too handheld centric for the Switch Mini not to be ready for an imminent release.

I hope Metroid Prime Trilogy gets announced although it kind of feels as though the moment for that has passed, who knows. 

I don't think we'll see any more Zelda announcements this year, and definitely not Mario Kart 9, it's still too early for that.

I would love to see brand new IP from Monolith, but I think I'm just dreaming there.

Oh and I'll be dumbfounded if that Witcher 3 rumour is anything more than a streaming version, I mean that can't run on Switch, can it? Unless of course it's on the Switch Pro 

Spoiler

:ph34r:

By which I mean, they're not games already in Gamestop's system (unless they're retail variants - special editions or bundles or something). So that means everything we already know about isn't in this list of 21 games.

What do we think the main show floor booth will be this year? I imagine Animal Crossing recreated would be pretty sweet to wonder round in. 

I do wonder (hope) that a lack of substantial Mario Odyssey DLC means they’re working on a direct sequel.

17 minutes ago, Chooch said:

God, I really hope they don't focus on Smash again.

It'll be Animal Crossing. The game is huge and one of Nintendo's evergreens. 

Personally I'm hoping to see what Retro have been working on all these years. Now they've started active development in Metroid Prime 4, their last project must be pretty much finished. 

5 hours ago, Stanley said:

definitely not Mario Kart 9, it's still too early for that.

The length of time between Mario Kart 8 and today is 60 months; that's the longest gap we've ever had between mainline Mario Kart games, even longer than Super Mario Kart to MK64, which was 53 months in Europe.

It's already been 25 months since Mario Kart 8 Deluxe too; since Super Circuit it's been an average of 30 months between Mario Kart games so announcing a game for release in November/December would be in line with that.

I'd be more than happy with just some DLC tracks for Deluxe, though.

5 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

It'll be Animal Crossing. The game is huge and one of Nintendo's evergreens. 

Personally I'm hoping to see what Retro have been working on all these years. Now they've started active development in Metroid Prime 4, their last project must be pretty much finished. 

I can’t remember where but I heard things haven’t been going great there. Maybe something got scrapped? :(

Prove me wrong Retro. Prove me wrong.

10 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

The length of time between Mario Kart 8 and today is 60 months; that's the longest gap we've ever had between mainline Mario Kart games, even longer than Super Mario Kart to MK64, which was 53 months in Europe.

It's already been 25 months since Mario Kart 8 Deluxe too; since Super Circuit it's been an average of 30 months between Mario Kart games so announcing a game for release in November/December would be in line with that.

I'd be more than happy with just some DLC tracks for Deluxe, though.

I just can't see it as it's their best selling Switch game and still shifting copies, a Switch mini bundled with it or Mario Maker this summer could do really, really well.

2 hours ago, the_debaser said:

I’d be surprised if animal crossing was the star attraction. It’s not a game that would lend itself to an interesting showcase. 

Ignoring the debate on the quality / suitability of Animal Crossing, have you followed Nintendo much, yourself? 

7 hours ago, Stanley said:

But even the software we already know is coming - Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem - even DQXI and Link's Awakening, it's just too handheld centric for the Switch Mini not to be ready for an imminent release.

Yeah, my thoughts as well. These games seem almost exclusively geared towards the portability of the Switch.

I don't have any current-gen Nintendo hardware (unless the SNES Classic Mini counts!)... but maybe they'll announce new mobile titles? A new WarioWare-style game for iOS/Android would be the best. :)

Alternatively, a Game Boy Classic Mini announcement. It'd be completely pointless when the aforementioned mobile range exists, but still... ;) 

There will be smash reveals for sure.Rumors are running high of a new Banjo Kazooie or release of Rare Replay for the Switch, so BK could be a small possibility.

What's the arms/mk team been working on? Possibility of a new MK announcement. I am sure Odyssey 2 is coming but i expect that next year.

Wouldn't be surprised for a Wario Ware game. Animal Crossing is likely, but i'm not going to be getting into that.

Honestly expect a remake of at least one Mario/Zelda game.

23 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

There will be smash reveals for sure.Rumors are running high of a new Banjo Kazooie or release of Rare Replay for the Switch, so BK could be a small possibility.

What's the arms/mk team been working on? Possibility of a new MK announcement. I am sure Odyssey 2 is coming but i expect that next year.

Wouldn't be surprised for a Wario Ware game. Animal Crossing is likely, but i'm not going to be getting into that.

Honestly expect a remake of at least one Mario/Zelda game.

We're getting a remake of Link's Awakening. ;)